Dodigago's Offical Mock Draft

With the 9th pick in the 2010 NBA Draft, the Utah Jazz select:

Ekpe Udoh out of Baylor

Reason is because they might lose Boozer to Free Agency, and Udoh is a nice consolation prize

The Pacers may have liked Udoh or possibly Xavier Henry here, but they weren't available. There are some small forwards available here, but with Granger as their best player they could use help elsewhere so:

with the 10th pick the Indiana Pacers select Ed Davis the 6'9 PF from North Carolina.

With the 11th pick in the 2010 NBA Draft, the New Orleans Hornets select...

Cole Aldrich from Kansas University

Tough call here, as the Hornets could use quality depth at basically every position except PG. The way this draft has gone, I think they'd also strongly consider Paul George here, as well as Patrick Patterson. But I think they go with Cole since they desperately need some help up front, especially if these Okafor rumors are true.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
wow, I really do feel that Ed Davis is a much better player/prospect..especially in a system like Utah's than Udoh...
Remember that right now Davis is mostly a low post guy. Utah loves to run the pick and roll. Udoh fits because of his ability to shoot off the pick and roll. Plus Sloan is a defensive nut, and Udoh is a very good defender..

Remember that right now Davis is mostly a low post guy. Utah loves to run the pick and roll. Udoh fits because of his ability to shoot off the pick and roll. Plus Sloan is a defensive nut, and Udoh is a very good defender..
the only facet of the game that Udoh is better defensively is shot blocking/off ball D IMO

I also like Davis's size to complement Milsap

Well, there was a few different ways I could have gone, but this guy is very talented and is insurance incase Gay leaves.

The Memphis Grizzlies select Paul George.

With the 13th pick in the 2010 NBA Draft, the Toronto Raptors select...

Daniel Orton from the University of Kentucky

I'm not that confident with this pick, but the board didn't leave great options for me. I definitely would've taken George if he had fallen. I don't know much about Toronto's interest in Orton except that they worked him out. I actually prefer Larry Sanders or Kevin Seraphin as better fits for them here, but they seem unrealistic for the 13th pick at this point. I strongly considered Whiteside here since a lot of places have him going about here and Toronto could use a 7 foot center, but I thought that if the decision is between those two and if they're going to go raw either way, they might as well go with the one who is younger, stronger, and shows more potential for scoring down low. He may not have great height or reach for the center position like Whiteside does, but his strength and athleticism suggests that he could become a good defender at the 5 regardless. Rumors are that they are looking hard at acquiring a late first rounder, so it's hard to figure what they'll be looking for at the 13th come draft day.

Last edited:
The Houston Rockets select with the 14th pick in the draft ... Hassan Whiteside !

Although they have a good PF in Scola and prospect in Hill, and not to mention the possibility of adding Bosh, I feel they will go with the tremendous upside and choose Whiteside.

Other honorable mentions : Luke Babbitt, Patrick Patterson, Avery Bradley, Paul George.

Definitely wouldn't go the same route as Toronto for the simple reason that if we want to show Bosh were committed to winning NOW we can pick up someone who can come in and contribute and places were we really were lacking (ie: Babbitt's shooting or Pattersons' toughness/D)

Definitely wouldn't go the same route as Toronto for the simple reason that if we want to show Bosh were committed to winning NOW we can pick up someone who can come in and contribute and places were we really were lacking (ie: Babbitt's shooting or Pattersons' toughness/D)
I would've preferred a more ready player like Cole Aldrich, but the harsh reality is that Bosh is more than likely leaving regardless of who they take with the 13th pick. Even if he's open to staying, I don't think he's focusing too much on who they take at 13, I really doubt he pays attention to these players. If the ready talents are slim pickings, I definitely see them taking a center. With Bosh gone, Bargnani becomes the main man offensively, and he's finally going to get to play his natural position in PF. They're going to need a strong center to rebound, body up against the likes of Dwight Howard, and score on the low block.

I don't know if Patterson projects as anything more than just a solid defender/rebounder at the PF position, with the downside of being mediocre at both. It's really not what they need, with or without Bosh.

Babbitt could be a nice pick for them, but not so obvious that you ignore need here.

I´m new here, sorry for being a bit late!

The Bucks are a talented team with a lot of potential. With Jennings they got there starting PG set. Same counts for Bogut at the Center position. They´ve got two very talented young Power Forwards with Ilyasova and Mbah a Moute. At the wing they got Salmons, Redd and Delfino, all of them are not really young anymore

Considering their wingers being a bit undersized to play the 3, the Milwaukee Bucks select with the #15 pick:

Luke Babbitt from Nevada

I´m a little bit late, sorry for that.

The Bucks are a young team with lots of talented young players. They are set with Jennings at PG and Bogut at the Center position. They got 2 talented young Power Forwards with Mbah a Moute and Ilyasova. On the wing they have Redd, Salmons and Delfino. Salmons and Redd are very good shooting guards, but they are a bit undersized for playing SF.

With the #15 pick in the 2010 NBA Draft, the Milwaukee Bucks select Luke Babbitt from Nevada.

With Babbitt the Bucks get another talented player with good size and good overall skills, who should be able to help them getting deeper into the playoffs.

With the 16th pick, the Timberwolves select Gordon Hayward from Butler

After selecting Cousins in the first round (either shopping him or Al Jefferson), Minn. gets there sharp shooting 3 with their second first round pick.

PRELIST

With the 17th Pick in the NBA draft

select

Avery Bradley from Texas University

Reasoning: he's a flat out shooter who fills Chicago's biggest needs and is a pesty defender..he's a bit undersized for the 2 but he can create his own shot and hit the open J

The 18th pick in the NBA draft

select

Pattrick Patterson from Kentucy

reasoning: We really wanted to see Bradley fall here because he would be a perfect fit next to Dwayne Wade

he may not be a PG..but he is a solid guard who can DEFENITLY guard the PG position and is money from down town as a spot up shooter which would be a perfect combo next to D-wade since his minus is his play making ability

Patterson adds toughness and is ready to contribute now unlike everyone left except James Anderson. He can come in now and do a similar job as Udonis Haslem at a much cheaper job as we are hoping to land 2 max FA's.

We lack shooters and take a long hard look at Anderson but he's purely a 2 guard and a shooter and isn't too much of an upgrade over Cook.

With the 19th pick in the 2010 NBA Draft, the Boston Celtics select James Anderson.

Anderson will come in and help the veteran Celtics right away. Could try and replace Ray Allen in that starting lineup if he goes somewhere else, or provide some scoring off the bench as Daniels, Allen, and Robinson will all be FA's. It would be easy to go big here. I like Alabi, and some other bigs available, but with KG, Perk, Davis, and Sheed all in the rotation, some type of guard seems like the better way to go.

Good pick Mass. However I wanted to know what you think about KG's mileage and perhaps Perkins chooses to go elsewhere since he is a free agent next year. What do you think you would do with the frontline if both of them were gone for 2011-2012? Just curious

Good pick Mass. However I wanted to know what you think about KG's mileage and perhaps Perkins chooses to go elsewhere since he is a free agent next year. What do you think you would do with the frontline if both of them were gone for 2011-2012? Just curious

I think if, in the real draft, someone like Aldrich, Udoh, Whiteside, Davis, or maybe even Orton dropped, Celtics would consider drafting a big, but with the bigs I saw left on this mock draft, I just think Anderson would be a better pickup.

Ive watched a ton of Celtics games this past year, and all of the playoffs. Im pretty convinced KG is just about done, The Perkins injury looks bad, and Sheed doesnt want to play during the regular season. So yes, the lack of regular season big men are a concern. I do think there are a LOAD of really good big man prospects to be had in the second round though, and can see them picking up someone like Pittman, Garcia, Samhan .. who knows, a ton of options there.

For the 2011-2012 season, I would guess they go big in the 2011 draft if they get a guard this year, so im not to worried about getting a young big man. They should be drafting higher next season anyways, and I think Anderson is a good value pickup at 19. I just think he fits what there doing, and if Allen leaves Anderson should be able to help even more.

time issue:

whatever is reasonable

ie: mass kings fan picked early in the evening so the Spurs pick should be made by now so we don't waste a whole day..I will go ahead and select for the Spurs..

Last edited:

select

Damion James from Texas

reasoning: he's a perfect fit in SA. Duncan and Ginobili are locked up long term and aren't getting any younger and James is ready to contribute now. He's extremely quick and athletic and has great defensive fundamentals.. \

A lot of people are quick to point out what James cant do (create his own shot, handle the ball much)

But in SA its going to be about what can do at 6'7 with a 37 inch vert and 7'0 wingspan and decent 3pt shooting ability to go with his great defensive game(think Bruce Bowen)