Deadline Deals

I don't think Zach gets moved unless he really wants out.

Vlade won't do that to Joerger.

I'd look at options as a GM, but I don't have a coach to deal with.
Zach is the only one moveable. But even that is a stretch. Try finding a team that will give any value for an old ZBo. Hill at that salary might be moveable next year but not this year.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Vlade is not going to trade Bogan under pretty much any circumstance. He traded for him, waited for him, and signed him to the largest rookie deal ever. He didn't do that to flip him 25 games into his rookie year. Just isn't happening.

Hill, Kosta, Malachi, Jackson and maybe Willie/Skal could be traded under the right circumstance. I don't see anyone else being moved unless it's a too good to pass up offer.

There is a chance that Zbo at this years trade deadline could get moved to a playoff contender if there is an injury or something.
No where did I say that Bogs is going to be traded 25 games into his rookie season. I was simply pointing out who I feel were the two players that are untouchable right now and moving forward.

I'd like to see if we could some how get Sam Dekker from the Clippers in a trade. They probably have no need for any of our vets and are probably gearing up for a rebuild but I'd like to see how he could do with more playing time. I remember him being a big spark plug for Houston last year. Sort of in the Omri Casspi vain. Could be a good backup spark plug energy guy going forward.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I heard the exact same thing for 7 years about DeMarcus and how Vlade would never do such a thing
First of all, Vlade wasn't the GM for the 7 years that Cuz was here. 2nd, Vlade tried to trade Cuz from the moment he got here, but Vivek wouldn't approve. 3rd, We had Cuz for 7 years, which is enough time to figure out if you want to proceed forward with him or not, and, in order to keep him we would have had to give him a 5 year contract starting somewhere between 41 and 44 mil a year. That's a slightly different scenario than Bog's, or any of the newly drafted players. To me, the only players that should be on the market are the veterans, if you feel their no longer necessary, or a player like Malachi, who at the moment seems to be the odd man out.

To give up this early on everyone else, would be a admission of not knowing what your doing when it comes to the draft. I don't see that happening, unless a deal we simply can't refuse comes along. But to start changing parts right now, would be to replicate what got us into this situation in the first place. Unless your the LA Lakers, who seem to be a magnet for great players, there are no short cuts. And I hope I'm wrong about the Lakers. I hope they have to go through the same process were going through. This revolving door mentality has to stop if were ever to have a good team again.

DEN Gets: George Hill, Kosta Koufos, & Malachi Richardson
DEN Gives: Mason Plumlee, Kenneth Faried, Trey Lyles, & DEN 2018 1st (top 10 protected)
Why for DEN? The Nuggets replace Plumlee with a similar caliber backup C in Koufos but he's getting paid less and expires 1-2 years sooner. They replace Faried who is averaging 15 mpg with Hill who should help improve their PG play while also being able to play off the ball & spread the floor for Millsap & Jokic. They replace Lyles with Richardson who has 1 more year on his rookie contract allowing them more cap space in the 2019 offseason. The trade gives them approximately ~$46 mil in cap space in the 2019 offseason if they keep Millsap and ~$77 mil in cap space if they let Millsap go (also the offseason Jokic will need to get paid).

PG - Hill / Murray / Mudiay
SG - Harris / Barton / Beasley
SF - Chandler / Jefferson / Richardson
PF - Millsap / Hernangomez / Lydon
C - Jokic / Koufos / Arthur

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SAC Gets: Mason Plumlee, Kenneth Faried, Trey Lyles, & DEN 2018 1st (top 10 protected)
SAC Gives: George Hill, Kosta Koufos, & Malachi Richardson
Why for SAC? The Kings take on some longer term salary in Plumlee but receive a solid prospect in Lyles and another 1st round pick to add to their rebuild.

PG - Fox / Mason
SG - Bogdanovic / Hield / Carter
SF - Temple / Jackson
PF - Randolph / Lyles / Labissiere / Faried
C - Cauley-Stein / Plumlee / Giles / Papagiannis

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
DEN Gives: Mason Plumlee, Kenneth Faried, Trey Lyles, & DEN 2018 1st (top 10 protected)
Why for DEN? The Nuggets replace Plumlee with a similar caliber backup C in Koufos but he's getting paid less and expires 1-2 years sooner. They replace Faried who is averaging 15 mpg with Hill who should help improve their PG play while also being able to play off the ball & spread the floor for Millsap & Jokic. They replace Lyles with Richardson who has 1 more year on his rookie contract allowing them more cap space in the 2019 offseason. The trade gives them approximately ~$46 mil in cap space in the 2019 offseason if they keep Millsap and ~$77 mil in cap space if they let Millsap go (also the offseason Jokic will need to get paid).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SAC Gets: Mason Plumlee, Kenneth Faried, Trey Lyles, & DEN 2018 1st (top 10 protected)
Why for SAC? The Kings take on some longer term salary in Plumlee but receive a solid prospect in Lyles and another 1st round pick to add to their rebuild.

PG - Fox / Mason
SF - Temple / Jackson
Well I'm not a Plumlee fan, but he's be OK as a emergency backup center, or a future throw in on a trade. I've always liked Faried, but not sure how he would fit on our team. That said, I do like Lyles, and would do the trade just to get him. He's young, he can shoot the three, he rebounds, and he'll work hard on defense. I don't think Malachi has a future on this team, so as much as I might like him, I'd be willing to give him up. Neither Koufos or Hill have a future on the team, so I'll miss Kosta, but in general, I would do this deal.

What I'm curious about is, do you ever propose a trade with just one player for one player? It's lot simpler when your trading one for one than trying to move two or three players at the same time. In Hills case, because of his large salary, it's hard not to have more than one player involved.

However I do have a trade that won't happen, but works on paper. The Pelicans have to make a decision on Cousins, and if they decide to sign him, and he agrees, he'll be making around 42 mil a year. When you figure that their payroll is going to be around 95 or so mil before the signing, Cousins contract would put them seriously into the luxury tax penalty. That's a lot of money for a team that's only battling to make the playoffs. And, they'll have no capspace to sign anyone of significance. So, we trade Hill straight up for Cousins and bring the big boy back home. They make almost the same amount of money right now. Vlade would look like a genius. :rolleyes: Of course this isn't going to happen, but just think of it, Bricky would have to come back as well. It would be worth doing just for that....:eek:

Well I'm not a Plumlee fan, but he's be OK as a emergency backup center, or a future throw in on a trade. I've always liked Faried, but not sure how he would fit on our team. That said, I do like Lyles, and would do the trade just to get him. He's young, he can shoot the three, he rebounds, and he'll work hard on defense. I don't think Malachi has a future on this team, so as much as I might like him, I'd be willing to give him up. Neither Koufos or Hill have a future on the team, so I'll miss Kosta, but in general, I would do this deal.

What I'm curious about is, do you ever propose a trade with just one player for one player? It's lot simpler when your trading one for one than trying to move two or three players at the same time. In Hills case, because of his large salary, it's hard not to have more than one player involved.

However I do have a trade that won't happen, but works on paper. The Pelicans have to make a decision on Cousins, and if they decide to sign him, and he agrees, he'll be making around 42 mil a year. When you figure that their payroll is going to be around 95 or so mil before the signing, Cousins contract would put them seriously into the luxury tax penalty. That's a lot of money for a team that's only battling to make the playoffs. And, they'll have no capspace to sign anyone of significance. So, we trade Hill straight up for Cousins and bring the big boy back home. They make almost the same amount of money right now. Vlade would look like a genius. :rolleyes: Of course this isn't going to happen, but just think of it, Bricky would have to come back as well. It would be worth doing just for that....:eek:
It’s a lovely thought! But hard to see it happen. For their sake, I’d like to see them somehow move Asik, Ajinca, Rondo, and 2018 1st for Barnes and Barea. Not sure if that works salary wise but they’d have a team like:

PG - Holiday / Barea / Jackson
SG - Moore / Miller
SF - Barnes / Hill
PF - Davis / Diallo
C - Cousins

It’s a lovely thought! But hard to see it happen. For their sake, I’d like to see them somehow move Asik, Ajinca, Rondo, and 2018 1st for Barnes and Barea. Not sure if that works salary wise but they’d have a team like:

PG - Holiday / Barea / Jackson
SG - Moore / Miller
SF - Barnes / Hill
PF - Davis / Diallo
C - Cousins
I'm sure Mav's Coach Carlisle would love to have Rondo back:eek:

PG - Fox / Mason
SF - Temple / Jackson
I like this trade for the Kings since they get Trey Lyles and the Den 1st.

Revisiting a trade idea I proposed earlier in the season. Buddy+WCS for Jaylen Brown. However, I think Budy and Willie have improved a lot, while Brown has regressed from his hot play at the beginning of the season. Maybe their own 1st round pick would make sense? Top 20 protected?

Why would the Celtics be interested in trading 2nd year player Jaylen Brown? He's made major strides for himself. 14.4pts 5.8rebs 1.3asts on 47.4/39.9/57.6. Celtics are also in good standing at 32-10. Well one reason I think they would entertain the idea is because they already have 3 starting SFs on the roster. Hayward, Tatum, and Brown. Yes they can play a lineup of Kyrie-Brown-Hayward-Tatum-Horford, but the serious problem already shows up with the lack of defensive presence in the paint. Tatum can do many things, but being a rim protector and rebounder is not one of them.

Buddy makes sense for them because he can provide instant offense whether starting or off the bench. Kyrie-Buddy would be a good scoring pair, but not sure he'd start. He's only in year 2 of his contract. Rozier and Smart are FAs at the end of the year. He could potential replace them. Not only does he fit for this year, but he also fits long-term. I could also see Brad Stevens turning him into a semi-respectable defender. WCS could be their starting C. Without the need for him to become a scoring juggernaut(Kyrie and Hayward are 20+ppg scorers), he could actually become what everyone thought he would be coming out of Kentucky. A defensive rim protector.

Outlook for the Celtics next year:
Kyrie
Hayward
Tatum
Horford
WCS

off the bench:
Smart/Rozier
Buddy

Why it makes sense for the Kings? Brown would be our franchise SF and maybe more. I think he has a higher potential than Buddy and Willie. He's also 3 years younger than both of them too. The late 1st round pick would be another plus for the Kings.

Would we take Deng to get Randle. We would have to give up Vince and Koufos?
I don't think we touch Deng unless the Lakers include a future 1st. Randle will be a RFA this year, and the rumors are is that the Lakers have no intentions of making him part of their future. We can just go after him in FA.

I don't think Deng's contract is worth touching.

One of my favorite trade proposals regarding Hill is sending him to Detroit, getting back a package around Ish Smith. In contrast to Hill, Ish Smith is a guy that will push tempo on offense. If you think about it, he is actually very similar to Fox: Quick getting to the rim, but questionable shot. The hope is that this changes our offense to more pace-and-space so that Fox will flourish as well.
Detroit also has a need to upgrade their PG position while Reggie Jackson is out. In contrast to Smith, they can thrust Hill with 30+ per night and he can also play at SG once Reggie Jackson returns.

Matching salaries is difficult though, as Hill makes 19 mil and Ish 6 mil, so Kings need to take some salary back.
First of all, I would ask for Stanley Johnson with hopes that he can find his shot. But unless we find a third team here, thats still not enough. Jon Leuer could be a target as well. Decent stretch big that Sac could need. He does have 3 years à 10 mil left, but hey, somethings got to give if Kings want to free themselves of Hills contract.
Of course, Sac also has to send two players out, and they cant make more than about 3 mil here. This essentially brings us to playes on rookie contracts. I guess PapaG would be the first one Detroit asks for, as they were rumored to take him with the #18 pick in the draft. I have no problems with that. Than they would probably ask for Mason, but at max I'd give them Malachi back.

So in the end I could see something like:
George Hill + PapaG (+ Malachi?) for Ish Smith, Jon Leuer, Stanley Johnson
Why for Sac:
- Smith could be the better veteran mentor for Fox and Mason. He more closely resembles their kind of game. Also, he can easily shift to a backup role if Fox takes a big step forward.
- Jon Leuer provides more value to Sac as Sac is in desperate need of a stretch big while Det already has a better but less expensive version in Anthony Tolliver
- Stanley Johnson is a nice flyer, still only 21 and 1 1/2 years before he hits RFA and fits a need as a 3/4 compared to PapaG and Malachi who only further contribute to the log-jam at SG and C.

Why for Detroit?
- They replace a career backup with a starter in Hill while Reggie Jackson is out, helping them staying in the playoff race. Hill can handle 30+ night
- They also get two young players back and free themselves of Leuers contract.

One of my favorite trade proposals regarding Hill is sending him to Detroit, getting back a package around Ish Smith. In contrast to Hill, Ish Smith is a guy that will push tempo on offense. If you think about it, he is actually very similar to Fox: Quick getting to the rim, but questionable shot. The hope is that this changes our offense to more pace-and-space so that Fox will flourish as well.
Detroit also has a need to upgrade their PG position while Reggie Jackson is out. In contrast to Smith, they can thrust Hill with 30+ per night and he can also play at SG once Reggie Jackson returns.

Matching salaries is difficult though, as Hill makes 19 mil and Ish 6 mil, so Kings need to take some salary back.
First of all, I would ask for Stanley Johnson with hopes that he can find his shot. But unless we find a third team here, thats still not enough. Jon Leuer could be a target as well. Decent stretch big that Sac could need. He does have 3 years à 10 mil left, but hey, somethings got to give if Kings want to free themselves of Hills contract.
Of course, Sac also has to send two players out, and they cant make more than about 3 mil here. This essentially brings us to playes on rookie contracts. I guess PapaG would be the first one Detroit asks for, as they were rumored to take him with the #18 pick in the draft. I have no problems with that. Than they would probably ask for Mason, but at max I'd give them Malachi back.

So in the end I could see something like:
George Hill + PapaG (+ Malachi?) for Ish Smith, Jon Leuer, Stanley Johnson
Why for Sac:
- Smith could be the better veteran mentor for Fox and Mason. He more closely resembles their kind of game. Also, he can easily shift to a backup role if Fox takes a big step forward.
- Jon Leuer provides more value to Sac as Sac is in desperate need of a stretch big while Det already has a better but less expensive version in Anthony Tolliver
- Stanley Johnson is a nice flyer, still only 21 and 1 1/2 years before he hits RFA and fits a need as a 3/4 compared to PapaG and Malachi who only further contribute to the log-jam at SG and C.

Why for Detroit?
- They replace a career backup with a starter in Hill while Reggie Jackson is out, helping them staying in the playoff race. Hill can handle 30+ night
- They also get two young players back and free themselves of Leuers contract.
I think that would be an interesting deal. Stanley Johnson is a buy low, high ceiling player. I would definitely do that deal. I think Detroit would too because they're desperate to get into the playoffs. It can slide Tobias back to SF.

Right now, I think Johnson would instantly be the answer to our SF woes, but I'm not sure that he could materialize as a starter. I know he's extremely young at only 21yearsold in his 3rd year, but his offense is horrible right now. He's strong and powerful, but has no explosion to the rim. His 3pt shot might be his best offensive tool, but he only shoots it 29.4%. He has a career FG% of 36.4%. But it's a low-risk high reward type of deal. If he improves his offense, then he's another piece to our young team.

I like the trade. I think Detroit would like it a lot too.

I think that would be an interesting deal. Stanley Johnson is a buy low, high ceiling player. I would definitely do that deal. I think Detroit would too because they're desperate to get into the playoffs. It can slide Tobias back to SF.

Right now, I think Johnson would instantly be the answer to our SF woes, but I'm not sure that he could materialize as a starter. I know he's extremely young at only 21yearsold in his 3rd year, but his offense is horrible right now. He's strong and powerful, but has no explosion to the rim. His 3pt shot might be his best offensive tool, but he only shoots it 29.4%. He has a career FG% of 36.4%. But it's a low-risk high reward type of deal. If he improves his offense, then he's another piece to our young team.

I like the trade. I think Detroit would like it a lot too.
Thanks for the kind feedback.

I wonder if Wiggins is expendable? Teauge is out for 2-4 weeks, and they could play Hill at the SG when he comes back. Maybe something like Hill+Buddy+? for Wiggins.
I dont really like Wiggins game, but I mean if that is all you give up I think you have to do it, right?

Here are two trade ideas I like:

The 1st is the deal built around George Hill going to Denver for Trey Lyles and the Nugget's 2018 1st round pick.

2nd is ZBO headed to Chicago straight up for Nikola Mirotic.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I wonder if Wiggins is expendable? Teauge is out for 2-4 weeks, and they could play Hill at the SG when he comes back. Maybe something like Hill+Buddy+? for Wiggins.
I'll answer that for you. No! Why would the T Wolves trade a yet to be 23 year old that's at the edge of stardom, one of their core players, and their starting SF, for a 31 year old PG that's leaving his prime years behind him, and Buddy, who the Kings aren't likely to just throw in. Not going to happen. The Mirotic trade is more likely due to all the turmoil surrounding Mirotic, but I think the Bulls are looking for more than a thousand year old PF in return. And for those thinking about throwing in a 1st round pick in some of these deals, the Kings are somewhat restricted at the moment due to not having a pick in 2019. Which means we can't trade this years 1st rd pick, and we can't trade our pick in 2020. Now if we somehow acquire a 2019 1st rd pick, then all that changes.

Apparently since Mirotic is and upcoming free agent Chris Mannix was on a podcast and said Chicago could get a 1st in the range 20-30 for him.

I’d take a flyer on him he’s putting up 17-7 and is a very good shooter. I’d offer them Skal and a 2nd for him as I’m sure we won’t trade ZBo

I'll answer that for you. No! Why would the T Wolves trade a yet to be 23 year old that's at the edge of stardom, one of their core players, and their starting SF, for a 31 year old PG that's leaving his prime years behind him, and Buddy, who the Kings aren't likely to just throw in. Not going to happen. The Mirotic trade is more likely due to all the turmoil surrounding Mirotic, but I think the Bulls are looking for more than a thousand year old PF in return. And for those thinking about throwing in a 1st round pick in some of these deals, the Kings are somewhat restricted at the moment due to not having a pick in 2019. Which means we can't trade this years 1st rd pick, and we can't trade our pick in 2020. Now if we somehow acquire a 2019 1st rd pick, then all that changes.
I was thinking of adding Willie, but we'd need to include something else too that's why I put the ?. Well Wiggins has regressed and taken a huge dip in production as a 3rd option. He just got signed to a rich 5-year max. He could easily end up as the next Rudy Gay in Memphis. Some perceive him to be a black hole on offense that can't shoot the 3 ball. His defense is below average right now. He has all the tools to become a very good defender, but doesn't use it. Lots of Minnesota fans are questioning whether or not the max was a good offer. No one on our roster is untouchable in a trade.

He's exactly the type of player the Kings should buy high. He has star potential within reach. That's not something I could say about most our young guys.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Apparently since Mirotic is and upcoming free agent Chris Mannix was on a podcast and said Chicago could get a 1st in the range 20-30 for him.

I’d take a flyer on him he’s putting up 17-7 and is a very good shooter. I’d offer them Skal and a 2nd for him as I’m sure we won’t trade ZBo
According to Hoopshype, Mirotic has one more year left on his contract, but it's a team option, so the Bulls can have him for another year if they desire. Of course from what I've read, he wants out, and I can understand since he's now behind Markkanen and Portis in the pecking order. The Bulls appear to going young, so I doubt they would want an older player like Randolph, especially if their trying to tank. So it their serious about trading Mirotic, offering them a young talented player with upside and maybe this years 2nd round pick might do it. They might be more interested in Richardson than Skal. One thing they don't need is a PG since they already have five on their roster, six depending on what you call Valentine.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I was thinking of adding Willie, but we'd need to include something else too that's why I put the ?. Well Wiggins has regressed and taken a huge dip in production as a 3rd option. He just got signed to a rich 5-year max. He could easily end up as the next Rudy Gay in Memphis. Some perceive him to be a black hole on offense that can't shoot the 3 ball. His defense is below average right now. He has all the tools to become a very good defender, but doesn't use it. Lots of Minnesota fans are questioning whether or not the max was a good offer. No one on our roster is untouchable in a trade.

He's exactly the type of player the Kings should buy high. He has star potential within reach. That's not something I could say about most our young guys.
Why in the hell do you keep trying to give Willie away? You do realize that's he's the best center on the team, don't you? Do you think so badly of him that you think he's nothing more than a throw in on some dumb trade? Willie is on the verge of coming into his own, and you want to get rid of him right before he does. I know some don't understand how defense works, but after Temple, Willie is the best defender on this team, and you want to get rid of him. He hardly turns the ball over, and he's developing into a good and willing passer. And you want to get rid of him. If you were to listen to the announcers on the other teams, you'd be surprised how many times they praise Willie, and what a rare specimen he is. If you want to trade Willie for some serious talent coming back, I might be on board, but to just throw his name around like he's worthless is beyond my comprehension.

I've said it before, but here goes again. The reason this team is where it's at right now, in a total rebuild mode, is because of doing things like your suggesting. Getting a player, having him for a year or two, and then discarding him before he completely develops. There's been the rare exception, like Cousins, but he was so freaking good, we couldn't deny his talent, not that some on this forum didn't want to trade him. We oooh and aaaah about how good the Spurs are, and how their franchise develops players, but when it comes to our own team, we become instant gratification fans. You either produce right this minute, or your a bum and need to go. That's insanity, and it's led us to where we are right now.

dude12

Hall of Famer

When was this podcast? I know earlier in the year he wanted out because of the incident with Portis but he's been balling and one of the main reasons Chicago has been playing better. If its a recent podcast,then he would be of interest but they are straight going young.

Why in the hell do you keep trying to give Willie away? You do realize that's he's the best center on the team, don't you? Do you think so badly of him that you think he's nothing more than a throw in on some dumb trade? Willie is on the verge of coming into his own, and you want to get rid of him right before he does. I know some don't understand how defense works, but after Temple, Willie is the best defender on this team, and you want to get rid of him. He hardly turns the ball over, and he's developing into a good and willing passer. And you want to get rid of him. If you were to listen to the announcers on the other teams, you'd be surprised how many times they praise Willie, and what a rare specimen he is. If you want to trade Willie for some serious talent coming back, I might be on board, but to just throw his name around like he's worthless is beyond my comprehension.

I've said it before, but here goes again. The reason this team is where it's at right now, in a total rebuild mode, is because of doing things like your suggesting. Getting a player, having him for a year or two, and then discarding him before he completely develops. There's been the rare exception, like Cousins, but he was so freaking good, we couldn't deny his talent, not that some on this forum didn't want to trade him. We oooh and aaaah about how good the Spurs are, and how their franchise develops players, but when it comes to our own team, we become instant gratification fans. You either produce right this minute, or your a bum and need to go. That's insanity, and it's led us to where we are right now.
I don't see Willie as a throw in. He's a very valuable player with his new improvements(if he can keep it up).

If he can keep up this consistency, he can definitely be our C of the future. However, I think this draft is absolutely loaded at Cs. This is why I think he's expendable IF we can get a highly talented player back. Ayton, Bamba, Carter, and Jackson Jr.

Alright I’m a believer in Young that dude is cold blooded. Watching the game he has 4-5 assists he created that weren’t finished he has great great vision. Having elite shooting and being an elite pick and roll player has the making of a superstar.

If we believe in Giles as it’s reported I’m drafting him 2nd only behind Doncic. We desperately needs scoring and he’s elite at that and at passing. Take Young start him next to Bogdan and have an explosive back court off the bench with Hield and Fox.

To me only 2 guys have superstar potential that’s Young and Bogdan with Ayton and Bagley having star potential

Wrong thread

Last edited:
How about G. Hill for frye (expiring) and shumpert (po) and Clevelands 1st rounder.

For CLE it would give them a nice insurance policy for I.T and Wade and would fit in nicely imo.

For us it would clear up that salary and I think shumpert would decline his option given the amount of guards in front of him.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I don't see Willie as a throw in. He's a very valuable player with his new improvements(if he can keep it up).

If he can keep up this consistency, he can definitely be our C of the future. However, I think this draft is absolutely loaded at Cs. This is why I think he's expendable IF we can get a highly talented player back. Ayton, Bamba, Carter, and Jackson Jr.
I definitely see Ayton, who I really like and Bamba, who I'm not sold on, as centers. But I see Carter and Jaren Jackson more as PF's. I think Bamba has a ton of defensive potential, but he has quite a way to go on the offensive side of the ball. I also question his hands. Thing is, we already have a center who is starting to play well, so why start all over again with another young player. That simply doesn't make any sense to me. You want to trade one of our SG's, then that makes some sense. In my opinion the only SG I might deem untouchable is Bog's. He's been the most consistent player out there night after night. That's what you looking for in a player. coaches love having a player that the know what he's going to bring every night. I think Buddy can be a very similar player, but with different skills, but he's yet to show the consistency I'm looking for, and I'm not just talking about shooting.

By the way, since I took a shot at Bomba, I do want to give him props for improving his footwork on defense. His lateral footwork has improved dramatically since the beginning of the season. I can not say the same thing for his offensive footwork in the post.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Alright I’m a believer in Young that dude is cold blooded. Watching the game he has 4-5 assists he created that weren’t finished he has great great vision. Having elite shooting and being an elite pick and roll player has the making of a superstar.

If we believe in Giles as it’s reported I’m drafting him 2nd only behind Doncic. We desperately needs scoring and he’s elite at that and at passing. Take Young start him next to Bogdan and have an explosive back court off the bench with Hield and Fox.

To me only 2 guys have superstar potential that’s Young and Bogdan with Ayton and Bagley having star potential

Wrong thread
It's hard to predict who will or won't be a star, but I find Bagley intriguing. If he can add a consistent jumpshot, out to the three pt line, I think your looking a potential superstar. He has a motor that won't quit, and other than his shot, his overall skill set is pretty darn good. He can handle, pass, rebound like a monster at times, and he has a very good low post game. He also defends well. I wouldn't bet against him. It might take a little time, but I'd certainly be willing to give him that time.

Alright, so I was ready to trade Hill and Weed-bo yesterday, but after this game they can go away forever for pretty much anything.

SAC gives: George Hill, Zach Randolph
NO gives: Omer Asik, Solomon Hill, Alexis Ajinca, 2019 1st

You give NO wing and big depth that they desperately need, and take back overpaid riffraff to match salaries and pry a pick from them.

Asik is a freakin' abomination, so he won't play (or at least, he better not) and he is only guaranteed a few million in his last year, you can waive Ajinca I think, and S. Hill sucks but is injured. All three of those guys are manageable to open up more minutes for the young guys.