De’Aaron promoted to Team USA Main Roster.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Fox left his imprint on the game :)

Barnes is such a good fit next to the alpha scorers, doesn’t need the ball to be productive, he makes it

Bagley needs to play with better guards, he and Plumlee are so different. Plumlee makes it if the staff feels like they need him for his interior defense when going up against some very good bigs so Bagley has to show he’s capable on that end because a mobile big with some stretch in him. I mean they cut Bam because he can’t shoot the 3..... I think that’s part of it. Bagley certainly brings the boards

dude12

Hall of Famer
When Boogie was on Team USA I always worried that a USA teammate would recruit him to their NBA team. With Fox, I’m wondering who he is recruiting to the Kings.
I guess the difference in situations is the Kings have more talent around Fox right now. It’s a Superteam, just young but not as young as last year. Can I trade mark that?

Honestly, good move. whatever he has to do to stay healthy and be ready, I’m all for.

He got the experience. Now let’s surprise everyone all over again this coming season

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I’d honestly like to see iron sharpen iron and have him prepare for the upcoming season by practicing against and getting coached by the elite of the game. Just my opinion.
To be fair, he went in expecting to only play the one week of camp and then having a month to prepare for the season (we also have a huge India trip this preseason) only to realize that he played himself into having to play competitive basketball from now until (hopefully) next June.

If we’re going to complain about Bogie refusing to take time off from international ball, we should probably be fine with Marvin electing to prepare for the NBA season

To be fair, he went in expecting to only play the one week of camp and then having a month to prepare for the season (we also have a huge India trip this preseason) only to realize that he played himself into having to play competitive basketball from now until (hopefully) next June.

If we’re going to complain about Bogie refusing to take time off from international ball, we should probably be fine with Marvin electing to prepare for the NBA season
I was wondering what reason(s) MB3 had for withdrawing. But I think you've probably nailed it.

And if he is withdrawing for the benefit of his teams up coming season, then it's impossible for me to be upset or take issue with it.

Honestly, good move. whatever he has to do to stay healthy and be ready, I’m all for.

He got the experience. Now let’s surprise everyone all over again this coming season
Well the only sure way he'd stay healthy is if he eats well and doesn't ever step on the court again (because that will increase the possibility of him getting injured).

Come on guys, players have been playing for their clubs and national teams for decades and they were just fine. Yes, the number of games have increased significantly and yes, the seasons are more intense, especially in Europe, but seriously... Kings players finished their season in April and they start the new season when, the last day of October? If they can't invest one month into playing for the national team, that's just ridiculous to me.

No offense to anyone, this is just my 2 cents.

It could also be that Bagley realized (or was told) that it was unlikely that he'd make the final 12 and decided to move on a bit early.
Thats what I was thinking. Plumlee has olympic experience winning gold in Spain and was even part of the U18 team in Argentina.

Bagley hasn't reached his full potential and is still trying to attain that next level, but let's be honest with ourselves he is still not strong enough in the post. Plumlee knows his game and plays within himself, so at this point in time with their skill sets, strengths (pun intended), and experience it is hard to see Bags win a spot.

That's perfectly ok! I love me some giannis with t-rex arms and a jump shot. In 1-2 years Bagley should be a no brainer over someone like Plumlee.

It could also be that Bagley realized (or was told) that it was unlikely that he'd make the final 12 and decided to move on a bit early.
Thats what I was thinking. Plumlee has olympic experience winning gold in Spain and was even part of the U18 team in Argentina.

Bagley hasn't reached his full potential and is still trying to attain that next level, but let's be honest with ourselves he is still not strong enough in the post. Plumlee knows his game and plays within himself, so at this point in time with their skill sets, strengths (pun intended), and experience it is hard to see Bags win a spot.

That's perfectly ok! I love me some giannis with t-rex arms and a jump shot. In 1-2 years Bagley should be a no brainer over someone like Plumlee.
If that is the case, why not stay a bit more to get the coaching, the competition, and the reps he so desperately needs? there would have been plenty of time left for individual season prep work. hope its not ego.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If that is the case, why not stay a bit more to get the coaching, the competition, and the reps he so desperately needs? there would have been plenty of time left for individual season prep work. hope its not ego.
Dear lord. Stop looking for conflict where there isn't any.
Is Dame an egomaniac for skipping the world cup? What about Bron or AD? Hell what about when Jokic skipped Serbia's FIBA play last season?

Lebron Lame's ego is so big it has it's own Twitter: https://twitter.com/lebronjamesego?lang=en

There are entire articles written about his outrageous ego; here's one:
https://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/06/21/lebron-james-still-an-egomaniacal-narcissist/

Also to put his insanity and ego in perspective, here are some choice quotes:
"A LeBron James team is never desperate," LeBron James after Game 5 of the 2008 Eastern Conference Semifinals vs. the Boston Celtics.

"To all the positions, I just bring the determination to win. Me being an unselfish player, I think that can carry on to my teammates. When you have one of the best players on the court being unselfish, I think that transfers to the other players," LeBron James in a pre-draft press conference in 2003.

"I'm only one guy. I took Hedo in the first game and Rashard hit the winning shot. I took Rashard in the second game and Hedo hit the shot. If I could clone myself, we'd be all right. But I can't," LeBron James before Game 3 of the 2009 Eastern Conference Semifinals against the Orlando Magic.

"Cleveland fans are awesome, but I mean, even my family gets spoiled at times watching me doing things that I do, on and off the court," LeBron James to GQ in August.

"A LeBron James team is never desperate," LeBron James after Game 5 of the 2008 Eastern Conference Semifinals vs. the Boston Celtics.

Or it could simply be that he didn't see the value in practicing FIBA rules, running a system that he won't run in the NBA and having a lack of floor time when he's being viewed as a third or fourth string player. I have no idea, I'm just speculating. But if that was the case, there's a lot more benefit to prepping for his season with the Kings and working on his weaknesses than in working out with Team USA when the chance of him actually competing is low.

I’ll bet it was Bagley’s dad who pulled him out because he wouldn’t be getting the minutes he deserves. Yeah, that’s it. It was “the dad.” :rolleyes:

Dear lord. Stop looking for conflict where there isn't any.
Is Dame an egomaniac for skipping the world cup? What about Bron or AD? Hell what about when Jokic skipped Serbia's FIBA play last season?
what do those apples have to do with these oranges? I was replying to a hypothetical that Bagley learned he will not make the team and decided to leave the camp early to concentrate on NBA prep. My assertion is that the team will be announced soon and the extra days between now and the time the team is announced are not that many to make a difference in his NBA prep.

Or it could simply be that he didn't see the value in practicing FIBA rules, running a system that he won't run in the NBA and having a lack of floor time when he's being viewed as a third or fourth string player. I have no idea, I'm just speculating. But if that was the case, there's a lot more benefit to prepping for his season with the Kings and working on his weaknesses than in working out with Team USA when the chance of him actually competing is low.
I'm working off of the assumption that the team will be announced soon, like in a few days. If that is not the case and there are couple more weeks lets say until the team is finalized, then ok.