Current Team Discussion and Possible Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vlade clearly settled for lesser players. Marco is having a great year with the Hornets while Afflalo has been terrible with the Kings.

Vlado essentially traded Nik, a unprotected 1st round pick, and Rondo for Koufos, Lawson, Afflalo, Temple and Tolliver. Easy to see which side you would rather have.
not correct, look two posts above yours

he recognized that he did and got a bunch of young players to develop with the vets he acquired.

nik stauskas, draft picks and a heaping pile of ......turned into marco, koufos and rondo .... turned marco ---> (draft pick) richardson, garrett temple, lawson, afflalo, tolliver ... whats next? he earned one of those future draft picks he traded away into richardson. if the pick swap turns out we're higher.. philly won't pick swap so we lose nothing. i believe its 2 swaps + a future 1st (you can count richardson as that pick we're guaranteed to convey). so what did we really give up?
We gave up Nik Stauskas and our 2018 1st round pick. You can't just take it out of the entire equation... we still would've been able to sign Marco without the trade. Theoretically, we could have Malachi Richardson and our 2018 1st round pick. It doesn't make sense saying, "oh, since we traded Marco for a 2016 1st round pick, it automatically makes up for us losing our 2018 1st round pick". That doesn't make sense.

Are you trying to say that since Vlade got us another 1st round pick in 2016, it makes his Nik Stauskas trade not look as bad? You can say that..but to act like we gave up completely nothing to the Sixers is extremely silly.

It was a bad trade, and it is still a bad trade. I don't get how some fans continue to justify it... 99.999% of the entire NBA knows it was a horrible trade. It's not national media trying to create a narrative. It was truly a horrific trade that didn't pay off for us at all. To make things worse, Vlade was trying to trade all of that for Wesley Matthews.

I just wonder how many players who have played in the D-League on a percentage basis over the last 1o years have failed? The above stats only tell the half-full story.
And that is very true. Just wanted to add what info I could find. Have not dug too deeply yet. And of course it is going to be hit or miss either way. I understand frustration of rookies not coming in right away to contribute, and also the logic of assigning them straight to the nbadl where they are getting way more playing time than they would on our roster. I believe this to be a proper use of our D-league affiliate however. year after year we draft with the expectation that they have to save us somehow in the upcoming season. Ben was thrown to the wolves in this method and it has not panned out as well as his perceived value implied.

dude12

Hall of Famer
C0aches/GM can do everything wrong but as long as they support Cousins it's all forgotten if Karl or some other GM were coaching/managing the current team and they didn't suck up to Cousins the board would be going mental about poor coaching/rotations/signings/iso ball but because they support Cousins it's all about culture/stability/competing and that it takes time and we are always one piece away from championships and so on.
This is pathetic

We gave up Nik Stauskas and our 2018 1st round pick. You can't just take it out of the entire equation... we still would've been able to sign Marco without the trade. Theoretically, we could have Malachi Richardson and our 2018 1st round pick. It doesn't make sense saying, "oh, since we traded Marco for a 2016 1st round pick, it automatically makes up for us losing our 2018 1st round pick". That doesn't make sense.

Are you trying to say that since Vlade got us another 1st round pick in 2016, it makes his Nik Stauskas trade not look as bad? You can say that..but to act like we gave up completely nothing to the Sixers is extremely silly.

It was a bad trade, and it is still a bad trade. I don't get how some fans continue to justify it... 99.999% of the entire NBA knows it was a horrible trade. It's not national media trying to create a narrative. It was truly a horrific trade that didn't pay off for us at all. To make things worse, Vlade was trying to trade all of that for Wesley Matthews.
you cannot pick and choose either what to ignore and what to include. Why do you think we would hire Marco with garbage and Stauskas on the team?

What Big Cuz posted was what Vlade did in this year and a half. As soon as you and other posters start picking and choosing you are just fidgeting narrative to fit your view of things.

dude12

Hall of Famer
2011: Knight vs. Jimmer
2012: Henson vs. T-Rob
2013: Giannis vs. McLemore
2014: Parker
2015: Vaughn

Kings sucked at drafting within the last 5 years. The Bucks didn't. The Bucks have their future locked up for the next 5 years, we don't. In 2015, we drafted WCS. WCS is 1 year older than Giannis(drafted in 2013), 2 years older than Parker(drafted in 2014), and 3 years older than Vaughn(same year).

We basically gave away our 2014 lotto pick to charity.

There's no reason why Bucks fans are up in arms about Thon Maker. They are winning. They don't need to rely on Thon Maker to contribute. The Kings are losing. It's pretty simple to see...

Culture change of what though? He brought a guy who was arrested 3x within 2 years... Matt Barnes isn't a guy you bring to try to create positive culture....

This is something a team like the Lakers or T-Wolves need to do. You yourself, just said the Kings brought in a ton of vets. Why are the Kings starting with babysteps on a team full of vets? The youngest and most active/consistent contributor to this team is Cousins...at 26. Seriously?

Huh? I don't understand this. Why shouldn't Kings fans overreact when we've had 10 years of losing, our franchise player is already 26 and only has 2 years left, we have no long-term pieces around him that are ready to contribute, and we're trying to go through these "baby steps" of how to win 101 with a team consisting of a 29yearold-31yearold-30yearold-26yearold-27yearold?

You do realize that we have one of the oldest starting lineups in the NBA right?

lol and just because people criticize this sorry ass excuse of a organization does not mean they're giving up their fandom.
As I said, Vlade has brought in the guys to help facilitate a change in culture. Last few years, everybody complains that the team has given up. Is that what your seeing now? That means something. The previous coaches did not know how to create a new culture. Quite frankly, Karl created one of the most negative and crapty cultures I've seen in a long time. That is what Vlade took over and what Joerger is taking over.

You can feel anyway you want but I focus on the new regime. Yes, the last 10 seasons has been frustrating but I'm not going to dump it all onto the new org.....which is what many want to do.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Culture change? These aren't young players. These are veteran players. Few of them are holdovers from previous regimes. Why do they need to learn how to compete? Did George Karl and the water in Sacramento make them forget? If you have young players, sure you bring veterans to help steer the ship in the right direction, but by in large the Kings are not a young team.

You say Vlade wants to change the culture, but you bring in guys like Lawson and Barnes.
He's brought in guys who compete hard....I said he's brought in guys to help facilitate change. Joerger has to manage this now. The guys Vlade has brought in compete hard on the court. What they do off the court s another story. On the court, they bring it. That is a big deal for our younger players.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Great post. There is a group on here with their heads in the sand. They think I am a troll or no longer a fan because I don't like this Front Office. Sorry but people standing up for this crap sounds like people who lose. This roster is 100% complete garbage. We have two guys on this team who are good players.

Some people have gotten so used to losing that you either excuse it or you are going down the losing train with Vlade. I expect to win and I am not getting anyone a pass, I couldn't careless if they are a former star player or what. So far his moves have been garbage to go along with the roster and it all points he wasn't qualified for this job
Your posts literally say the same thing over and over and over. Try something different.

you cannot pick and choose either what to ignore and what to include. Why do you think we would hire Marco with garbage and Stauskas on the team?

What Big Cuz posted was what Vlade did in this year and a half. As soon as you and other posters start picking and choosing you are just fidgeting narrative to fit your view of things.
I'm not picking and choosing about what to ignore and what to include. I was doing the exact opposite. The person before me was trying to say we basically didn't trade anything in the Stauskas trade, which is wildly incorrect.

We traded Nik Stauskas+Carl Landry+Jason Thompson+ 2015 1st round swap+2016 1st round swap+2018 1st round pick for Luka Mitrovic and Artuis Gudaitis.

Fans who said the Kings lost nothing are the ones nit-picking. This is the trade that happened.

Did anybody else see this rumor?
John Wall to the Kings...

1. The Washington Wizards will acquire Goran Dragic from the Heat plus Willie Cauley-Stein, Skal Labissiere and a future first-round pick from the Kings;
2. The Miami Heat will receive Rudy Gay and Darren Collison from the Kings;
3. Finally, the Sacramento Kings will get John Wall from the Wizards.

I'm not sure about trading Willie just yet but I'd love to get John Wall over here.

Source: http://www.hngn.com/articles/220016...i-heat-goran-dragic-to-washington-wizards.htm

Let's also find a way to get Kent Bazemore over here from the Hawks and we're starting something.

1. The Washington Wizards will acquire Goran Dragic from the Heat plus Willie Cauley-Stein, Skal Labissiere and a future first-round pick from the Kings;

I'm not sure about trading Willie just yet but I'd love to get John Wall over here.

Source: http://www.hngn.com/articles/220016...i-heat-goran-dragic-to-washington-wizards.htm

Let's also find a way to get Kent Bazemore over here from the Hawks and we're starting something.
The Kings would be getting fleeced. Rudy Gay, Darren Collison, Willie Cauley-Stein, Skal Labissiere AND a future first-round pick for John Wall? I don't think so.

The Kings would be getting fleeced. Rudy Gay, Darren Collison, Willie Cauley-Stein, Skal Labissiere AND a future first-round pick for John Wall? I don't think so.
I agree that's a lot. If we do this trade I'd really like to keep Willie and the Future.
I like Darren but a change could be good.
I'm not sure what kind of player Skal is since I have limited access to Kings games.

not correct, look two posts above yours
That post is not correct. Marco did not net all those players. Marco turned into Richardson + Afflalo. 1 is having a bad year and the other is in the D-League. For a team that is trying to compete this year, which side would you rather have?

That post is not correct. Marco did not net all those players. Marco turned into Richardson + Afflalo. 1 is having a bad year and the other is in the D-League. For a team that is trying to compete this year, which side would you rather have?
You could just as easily have said, "Marco turned into Richardson + Temple." Neither statement is correct. "Marco turned into Richardson" is. Marco was crap for the Kings and Richardson has been in the D-League. One wouldn't have helped (based on last year) and the other hasn't helped this year, pick your poison.

I'm not picking and choosing about what to ignore and what to include. I was doing the exact opposite. The person before me was trying to say we basically didn't trade anything in the Stauskas trade, which is wildly incorrect.

We traded Nik Stauskas+Carl Landry+Jason Thompson+ 2015 1st round swap+2016 1st round swap+2018 1st round pick for Luka Mitrovic and Artuis Gudaitis.

Fans who said the Kings lost nothing are the ones nit-picking. This is the trade that happened.
how do you call ignoring $$$ that were freed in that trade in this post of yours?

1st round pick Kings got (Richardson) was not in your post. Why did you ignore it but included the 1st round pick Kings gave away?

the team got better by addition by subtraction. vlade went and got some good locker room guys to show these youngsters how to be professionals and compete. i'm willing to bet he knows the value of those things and how important it is to building a team. theres still trade deadline to unload rudy & ben. both will cost some $$$ to retain em. cash em in while you can. don't want to get stuck in the IT situation where that buffoon let him go for -- a trade exception.

Eh, not really. I don't think we would get a lot in return for Rudy and DC anymore considering how their play has declined this year. Long-term assets, we'd be giving up WCS, Skal, and this year's 1st?

I don't think that would be enough for Wall.

how do you call ignoring $$$ that were freed in that trade in this post of yours?
$15m in cap space? Ok. If it makes it sound better, we traded:

2018 1st round pick+2016 1st round swap+2017 1st round swap+Nik Stauskas +Carl Landry+Jason Thompson
for
Luka Mitrovic+Arturas Gudatis? We freed up $15million cap space.

It does not sound any better.
1st round pick Kings got (Richardson) was not in your post. Why did you ignore it but included the 1st round pick Kings gave away?
Dude. We didn't get Malachi Richardson from the Stauskas trade. Why would anybody include that?

Like I said, even if we didn't do the Stauskas trade, we'd still have enough cap space to sign Marco. The Stauskas trade had nothing to do with Malachi Richardson.

$15m in cap space? Ok. If it makes it sound better, we traded:

2018 1st round pick+2016 1st round swap+2017 1st round swap+Nik Stauskas +Carl Landry+Jason Thompson
for
Luka Mitrovic+Arturas Gudatis? We freed up $15million cap space.

It does not sound any better.

Dude. We didn't get Malachi Richardson from the Stauskas trade. Why would anybody include that?

Like I said, even if we didn't do the Stauskas trade, we'd still have enough cap space to sign Marco. The Stauskas trade had nothing to do with Malachi Richardson.
Why do you think we would hire Marco if we still had crap we sent Philly way?
It is completely different alternate universe of "what ifs" that you conveniently nit pick the outcome that fits your views.

Disagree completely.

Gay & Collison are expirings. There is no guarantee they would come back next year. Cauley-Stein is struggling this year and still has some question marks about his game. Labissiere has big time potential, but he also has big bust potential as well. It's why he slipped to #28. The earliest the 1st could be would be in the year of 2021.

To sum it up, you're trading two expirings, two young players who haven't established themselves in the league yet, and a 1st 5 years away for a PG who is not only very good and young, but he's also one of Cousins' best friends which should help with retaining Cousins when his contract is up.

I'm not so sure we would be much better this year if we made the trade as we would still have issues at SG, SF, & PF. If that's the case, perhaps we would keep our pick, and add potentially a 3rd star to the mix. For instance, we could potentially draft Jonathan Isaac with our pick and have these players going into next year:

PG - Wall
SG - Temple / Bogdanovic / Richardson
SF - Barnes
PF - Isaac
C - Cousins / Koufos / Papagiannis

This would leave us with ~$32 mil in cap space ($38.5 mil if Barnes doesn't pick up his option).

Who knows? With a Joerger/Cousins/Wall/Isaac core, perhaps FAs are a little more attracted. It would be great if we were able to steal Otto Porter away from Washington in FA. Wall/Richardson/Porter/Isaac/Cousins as a starting lineup of the future has some potential to do some damage.

Very interesting. I still am skeptical that we have what it takes to get Wall in a trade without giving up Cousins. I was convinced the only way to get Wall would be through FA in 2019.

I felt that the only real chance to trade for Wall would have been during the draft when we are allowed to trade our pick. I was thinking SAC 2017 1st (top 10), Cauley-Stein, & Labissiere would be the starting point with Bogdanovic, Papagiannis, and/or Richardson being included as other assets to get the job done.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Two questions,

1; Is Kenneth Faried still a high motor energy rebounder?

2; Could the Nuggets use Rudy Gay?

Faried+piece(?) for Rudy?

Obviously I've put minimal thought into the preposition, but I'm just tired of Rudy and want a high motor player bouncing around at PF next to Cuz. Also reunites Rudy with GOAT Malone... So who knows.

Two questions,

1; Is Kenneth Faried still a high motor energy rebounder?

2; Could the Nuggets use Rudy Gay?

Faried+piece(?) for Rudy?

Obviously I've put minimal thought into the preposition, but I'm just tired of Rudy and want a high motor player bouncing around at PF next to Cuz. Also reunites Rudy with GOAT Malone... So who knows.
Nuggets seem to be happy with Faried right now, so I don't think they'll trade him any time soon. But yes, Faried is still a great rebounder. However, no, the Nuggets have no use for Rudy at all. They have Wilson Chandler who's been breaking out averaging 18ppg, and they also have Gallinari too.

The only piece that could sway them is probably Collison. They're a decent PG away from being contenders for the 8th seed.

dude12

Hall of Famer
No what's pathetic is you don't have an argument and the fact is there is a gross double standard on here in regards to any reporter/coach/GM that likes Cousins and doesn't regardless if they do the exact same things.

When someone has no argument that's the type of response they put
Lame....I've already stated my opinion/argument on here over and over.

If I read this right, your saying there is a double standard in comparing Karl and Joerger, D'Allesandro/Mullin and Vlade. Is that it?

K

KingsFan80

the team got better by addition by subtraction. vlade went and got some good locker room guys to show these youngsters how to be professionals and compete. i'm willing to bet he knows the value of those things and how important it is to building a team. theres still trade deadline to unload rudy & ben. both will cost some $$$ to retain em. cash em in while you can. don't want to get stuck in the IT situation where that buffoon let him go for -- a trade exception.
Which youngsters are you talking about? WCS and McLemore are the only "youngsters" there. And Cousins is 26, not sure if you mean him but Matt Barnes sure showed him how to be a professional and compete. The other ones are two hours away in Reno.

K

KingsFan80

but that's not comparing vlade's picks with the bucks picks which I believe was the topic of discussion at that point in the thread.
Thon Maker was used as an example as to why we should be ok with Papa pick. The post you are talking about, was saying the Bucks could take a chance because of their past draft picks. They have a solid group of younger players, unlike us so we couldn't afford to take another risk

Status
Not open for further replies.