Current Team Discussion and Possible Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, not only Malachi but Bogdan should be here next season. Im actually somewhat optimistic about that SG combination. I may be way off base but I keep thinking Bogdan will be our equivalent to Redick.
Way off base. Bogdan is nothing like Redick. He is a very good but not lights out shooter and is more versatile player than Redick.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I wouldn't mind bringing Hezonja here but not at the expense of Willie....he is available so the trade market should be tested on him. That said, he went from playing nearly 18 minutes a game last season and shooting 34% from three to nearly 12 minutes a game this season and shooting 17%...something has got to give. It's still early so maybe buy low sell high? For all we know he could be a so called "shooter" but can't shoot it...too many of those have come and gone in Sacramento.

Way off base. Bogdan is nothing like Redick. He is a very good but not lights out shooter and is more versatile player than Redick.
Thanks, but Im still pretty excited about the Malachi / Bogdan combo. I believe Bogdan is a fair ball handler.

I see Mario has the height to play SF and I liked him as a possible draft pick two years ago, but have not followed him since.

We should offer WCS for Mudiay, Booker, or Myles Turner wonder if the Nuggets, Suns or Pacers would do it since we should have drafted in the first place lol
Hindsight is always 20/20...

But WCS for Mudiay is a possibility. Mudiay has been one of the worst players in the league the last 2 years with very serious concerns surrounding his game. WCS at least showed something last year. But it begs the question...why would we trade WCS for the worser player? Your obssession with Mudiay says a lot about your ability to assess talent.

So far, Vlade picked the better player than who you would have picked. Considering your hatred for Vlade, I'm guessing that really eats away at you.

K

KingsFan80

But WCS for Mudiay is a possibility. Mudiay has been one of the worst players in the league the last 2 years with very serious concerns surrounding his game. WCS at least showed something last year. But it begs the question...why would we trade WCS for the worser player? Your obssession with Mudiay says a lot about your ability to assess talent.

So far, Vlade picked the better player than who you would have picked. Considering your hatred for Vlade, I'm guessing that really eats away at you.
As I said before, I am a huge Kentucky fan. I had seen WCS play every game for three seasons. I would HAVE NOT drafted him. And Mudiay is 20 years old, not 23. 3 years is a lot of time to grow in the NBA. I would rather have Turner, Booker etc. Does it eat away at you that your boy cannot get anything right? Where is Papa right now? and there is ZERO chance the Nuggets would do that deal.

Sorry I just want the Kings to win. I don't care who the GM is, but I expect the best performance. As a ticket holder, I am tired of going to games to see losses. The past two drafts have been a complete failure. We cannot get any good free agents and evidently no trades. It is a nightmare

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said before, I am a huge Kentucky fan. I had seen WCS play every game for three seasons. I would HAVE NOT drafted him. And Mudiay is 20 years old, not 23. 3 years is a lot of time to grow in the NBA. I would rather have Turner, Booker etc. Does it eat away at you that your boy cannot get anything right? Where is Papa right now?
Who is my boy??

And based on Mudiay's trajectory right now, he'll be out of the league by the time his rookie contract is up. You may want to start quickly backing away from "your boy" to avoid any further embarrassment as you continue to blindly toot his horn.

Papagiannis is in the D-League. Were you not aware? You should pay more attention to the team. Just like you should pay more attention to how Mudiay has been playing.

I would rather have Turner & Booker too, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend I had that opinion at the time of the draft. Show me a link to where you said you wanted Turner or Booker at our draft spot, and I'll shut up.

dude12

Hall of Famer

Hahahaha.......made me laugh. Spot on.

K

KingsFan80

Who is my boy??

And based on Mudiay's trajectory right now, he'll be out of the league by the time his rookie contract is up. You may want to start quickly backing away from "your boy" to avoid any further embarrassment as you continue to blindly toot his horn.

Papagiannis is in the D-League. Were you not aware? You should pay more attention to the team. Just like you should pay more attention to how Mudiay has been playing.

I would rather have Turner & Booker too, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend I had that opinion at the time of the draft. Show me a link to where you said you wanted Turner or Booker at our draft spot, and I'll shut up.
I have nothing against Vlade personally. They should move him up to some role as community relations manager or something. He just isn't qualified and doesn't need to be making GM decisions.

K

KingsFan80

Hahahaha.......made me laugh. Spot on.
Good that you can laugh about the state of our team right now. It is pathetic. We have no current roster talent outside of Cousins and Gay and no future that is bright. As a ticket holder, it is sad

K

KingsFan80

I sure wasn't laughing at the state of our team.
So you are laughing about me saying the truth? Yeah, Vlades plan is really working huh? No talent on this team, players getting in trouble, overspending on old free agents that cannot even play. Drafting guys that aren't even good enough to play in a game. And continuing to lose with no future.

I have nothing against Vlade personally. They should move him up to some role as community relations manager or something. He just isn't qualified and doesn't need to be making GM decisions.
The jury is still out on Vlade. I'm neither against him or for him at this point in time. Those who make up their mind so quickly (such as yourself), I have little patience for. If you don't have patience to wait and see what his end product will be or have the patience to see where his draft selections are in 3 years, then I'm not going to have patience for these types of posters.

Just so you know, Thon Maker (4 picks earlier than Papagiannis) has only played 19 minutes this year. Do you think Milwaukee fans are up in arms about the draft selection? I would say the majority of logical fans are not.

Now I'm not saying I was a fan of the Papagiannis pick (I wanted Baldwin, Luwawu, & Labissiere with our three 1st rounders at the time), but I'm not going to sharpen the pitch forks just yet. If you don't remember, fans were very upset with the Peja pick, but look how that turned out. I'm going to give Vlade and Papagiannis time before I pass judgement. Knee jerk reactions are most often emotional decisions, and emotion should never be present when making business decisions.

K

KingsFan80

The jury is still out on Vlade. I'm neither against him or for him at this point in time. Those who make up their mind so quickly (such as yourself), I have little patience for. If you don't have patience to wait and see what his end product will be or have the patience to see where his draft selections are in 3 years, then I'm not going to have patience for these types of posters.

Just so you know, Thon Maker (4 picks earlier than Papagiannis) has only played 19 minutes this year. Do you think Milwaukee fans are up in arms about the draft selection? I would say the majority of logical fans are not.

Now I'm not saying I was a fan of the Papagiannis pick (I wanted Baldwin, Luwawu, & Labissiere with our three 1st rounders at the time), but I'm not going to sharpen the pitch forks just yet. If you don't remember, fans were very upset with the Peja pick, but look how that turned out. I'm going to give Vlade and Papagiannis time before I pass judgement. Knee jerk reactions are most often emotional decisions, and emotion should never be present when making business decisions.
I am sure the Bucks fans are up in arms, but it is not like they have drafted bad the past five years. They have some very good young talent on that team. That might just be ONE draft mistake. We make them every year

So you are laughing about me saying the truth? Yeah, Vlades plan is really working huh? No talent on this team, players getting in trouble, overspending on old free agents that cannot even play. Drafting guys that aren't even good enough to play in a game. And continuing to lose with no future.
The only FAs that Vlade locked up long term are Temple & Koufos. Both of whom have been effective in their roles and appear to be on decent to good contracts. Afflalo, Tolliver, & Barnes could all be gone next year.

Vlade simply chose to maintain cap flexibility for the next offseason which isn't the worst idea in the world. With the cap jumping up last offseason, basically every team had cap space to use. Considering the Kings are probably the least attractive destination (something Vlade inherited) and that every team has money to throw around, it would have made it tough to bring any good FA here. So what does Vlade do? He maintains cap flexibility for next offseason when there should be fewer teams to compete with. Again, that's not a bad strategy, but it's going to highly rely on Vlade's ability to sell FAs to come here.

K

KingsFan80

News flash...they aren't. Go read their message boards.
They are 11-10 and have the number 7 playoff spot right now? Giannis is one of the top young players in the game and Jabari Parker is tearing it up right now. John Henson is a sold defender. I would trade with them in a heart beat

Didn't Vlade build this team to compete this year? Sure, his draft selections have the opportunity to pan out down the road and need patience, but overall this is a veteran team and they should be judged accordingly. Vlade has had 2 years to put a .500 team on the floor and has failed miserably...and no I don't believe w/ another coach in place of Karl last year the team would have reached it's goal.

They are 11-10 and have the number 7 playoff spot right now? Giannis is one of the top young players in the game and Jabari Parker is tearing it up right now. John Henson is a sold defender. I would trade with them in a heart beat
What are you talking about? You're shifting goal posts. You're upset because we took Papagiannis and he doesn't get minutes. Maker is in the same boat in Milwaukee, and their fans aren't reacting the way you have been. Your mind just tends to wander. Doesn't it?

K

KingsFan80

What are you talking about? You're shifting goal posts. You're upset because we took Papagiannis and he doesn't get minutes. Maker is in the same boat in Milwaukee, and their fans aren't reacting the way you have been. Your mind just tends to wander. Doesn't it?
Because they don't have anything to complain about. Their management might have made ONE bad draft decision. All we do is make bad draft decisions over and over.

Didn't Vlade build this team to compete this year? Sure, his draft selections have the opportunity to pan out down the road and need patience, but overall this is a veteran team and they should be judged accordingly. Vlade has had 2 years to put a .500 team on the floor and has failed miserably...and no I don't believe w/ another coach in place of Karl last year the team would have reached it's goal.
Who said he's not trying to compete now? I never said that.

And technically, it hasn't been 2 years. Perhaps we shouldn't say "2 years" when it hasn't been that length of time?

It's hard to put together a great team with the talent & reputation we have. Add to the fact that virtually every team had cap space last year and that competition for FAs was the highest it's ever been in recent memory and you can't really fault him.

If you're an excellent salesman but given a s*** product to sell vs. a worse salesman who is given a desirable product to sell, can you fault the salesman if he can't sell his s*** product? That's the analogy at play here. Vlade is at a very unfair advantage when it comes to signing FAs, but instead of people recognizing that drastic disadvantage, we have posters on here blaming Vlade. Vlade's is going to have to be a lot more strategic in how he builds this team, and I think the flexible contracts he handed out play into his strategy to try again next year when there are less teams with cap space.

Because they don't have anything to complain about. Their management might have made ONE bad draft decision. All we do is make bad draft decisions over and over.
You must be referring to the draft selections pre-Vlade because I can't imagine that any logical person would pass judgement on a sophomore and three rookies. It takes longer than that, and if you don't know this already, I don't know what else to say...

Bucks are a young upcoming team headed in the right direction right now. The Freak just turned 22 this week, Parker is 21 and the and their best player hasn't played a game this season. If the season ended today they are the 7th seed. Maker was arguably the rawest player in the draft, the Bucks were able to take a gamble and wait. Don't forget they drafted Malcom Brogden too who is contributing now.

You must be referring to the draft selections pre-Vlade because I can't imagine that any logical person would pass judgement on a sophomore and three rookies. It takes longer than that, and if you don't know this already, I don't know what else to say...
Unfortunately the Kings need talented guys now to help compete or use as trade assets today not three years from now. It would be great if the rookies or WCS were contributing more it would put the team in a better position to trade them for guys that can help today. What are the Kings trying to do today compete or develop the young guys? Right now they are doing neither. The team needs some kind of direction

Bucks are a young upcoming team headed in the right direction right now. The Freak just turned 22 this week, Parker is 21 and the and their best player hasn't played a game this season. If the season ended today they are the 7th seed. Maker was arguably the rawest player in the draft, the Bucks were able to take a gamble and wait. Don't forget they drafted Malcom Brogden too who is contributing now.
Again, this has nothing to do with the point.

Unfortunately the Kings need talented guys now to help compete or use as trade assets today not three years from now. It would be great if the rookies or WCS were contributing more it would put the team in a better position to trade them for guys that can help today. What are the Kings trying to do today compete or develop the young guys? Right now they are doing neither. The team needs some kind of direction
What you define as "doing neither" could also be defined as "doing both."

Status
Not open for further replies.