Cousins to Lakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's terrible for DMC. I feel bad for him. :(

A human body isn't meant to be that big and take that much pounding and jumping.

I wish him the best in his recovery, but it's going to be tough to come back from this latest injury. :(

That's terrible for DMC. I feel bad for him. :(

A human body isn't meant to be that big and take that much pounding and jumping.

I wish him the best in his recovery, but it's going to be tough to come back from this latest injury. :(

Didn't he start having foot problems or something like that his last year or so in Sac? That's was probably the first signal. Hopefully he can come back but this might put a bow on things.

I wonder if it’s the same leg he suffered the other injuries? Without knowing, I’m guessing that it is.

I have a gimp leg too. Every significant injury I’ve suffered playing sports has been to my left leg.

In HS I broke the left fibula during a football game. Years later I tore the anterior talofibular ligament in my left ankle playing b-ball. Years after that I suffered a significant tear of my left hamstring, also playing b-ball. And finally in 2007 I tore the ACL and meniscus in my left knee — also playing b-ball. Nothing has ever happened to my right leg.

I firmly believe the injuries were made ‘easier’ because of previous injuries. There’s just something about the recovery and compensation that occurs afterward that leads to other injuries.

I feel this is the case for Boogie, especially how quickly these pro athletes are pressed to return. I realize that they have access to recovery resources most of us don’t have, but still doesn’t change the fact that the body fully recovers at a slow rate. For example, while an athlete can typically participate 6 mo after an ACL surgery — it still takes up to 18 mo for it to heal completely. IMHO playing inside that window increases the likelihood of re-injury or another type of injury to the same leg.

That said, I also feel terrible for Boogie as he has worked very hard to resume his career. This type of thing seems to only happen to players I like and never to those I can’t stand. SMH.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
that sucks big time for Boogie, this may be the end for him here, even though he is still young enough to continue to play but after an achilles tear, quad tear and now an ACL.....someone or something does not want you to play. That's a lot of burden to bare for a guy with so much weight to carry on those knees and legs.

Last edited:
Him never developing a post game really imo cut his career much shorter and made him far less efficent by expanding insane energy into dribble drives which a human that big and heavy should really never be doing it's a miracle he lasted this long. Best luck to him maybe he can still incorporate a Z-Bo style game when he comes back.

I am very sorry to hear of Cousins' latest injury. ACL recoveries are difficult but possible. Basketball and football are becoming sports of attrition. Athletes keep getting bigger and stronger and asked to do more. I think Nokidding is right that Cousins acts like a point center some of the time making full court plays. Big men in basketball have been plagued by leg injuries for years. Bill Walton was one of the best college players that had a very short NBA career. Eighty two games a year is a lot of pounding.

I feel horrible for Cousins. Nothing has gone his way after his first injury on the Pelicans, and I fear this time, he won't return the same again. There's a video of his injury, it's not gruesome nor graphic. It upsets me so much because all it shows is him driving to the basket. Doesn't even look like anyone touches him.. https://streamable.com/8zh8h

:(

I feel horrible for Cousins. Nothing has gone his way after his first injury on the Pelicans, and I fear this time, he won't return the same again. There's a video of his injury, it's not gruesome nor graphic. It upsets me so much because all it shows is him driving to the basket. Doesn't even look like anyone touches him.. https://streamable.com/8zh8h

:(
Nothing, no bumping nor touching, just injures his right knee while driving to the basket. Does that mean his ACL was under stress or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.