Cousins to Lakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Achilles injury stressed him mentally and physically. He talked about giving up for awhile. His mental state may not be able to accomodate the amount of work it is going to take to rehab an ACL. Long term injuries are much harder. There is a lot of atrophy in the muscle and connnective tissue and ligaments. The physical therapy is grinding and only slowly shows results. A broken femur took me years to recover from, even with a great PT pushing me hard 4 days a week.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I cannot even express how badly I feel for DeMarcus at this point. Having said that, I am incredibly glad that Vlade made the deal when he did. There is no way to even imagine the depth of angst we would have experienced had these injuries occurred while he was still a King. The finger-pointing, the frustration, the anger - all would have been almost impossible to deal with. I wish Cousins all the best in the world. If anyone can come back one more time, it's DMC but at some point it's going to be too late. :(

If he can't play next year I'd love to see the Kings help him rehab as a goodwill gesture and get him back in the community which he seemed to love (but keep him away from the kids). But if he could make a comeback with an Eastern team like the Celts I'd also be happy. Hopefully the Lakers sign Dwight or some other cancer.

Audio clip isn't loading for me but I presume it's real.

Stupid, stupid thing to say. Although I imagine his ex intentionally riled him up to get a reaction to use against him. It's even more disgusting to use his son as a weapon against him.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Wow. I mean, I'm no fan of the dig-up-every-single-peccadillo cancel culture going on right now, but to say that Cousins was out of line (regardless of whether his ex was being unreasonable on his son attending the wedding) would be an understatement. Was he serious? Probably not. Am I glad he's not wearing the purple laundry anymore so this isn't "my" problem to deal with? Hell yes.

Guess we shall see Bricklayer, errr Winsome Gerbil, over at Lakersground going forward. Sucks when you hitch your wagon to a player that moves around so much but hey, maybe Brickie, err Winsome, will find a home at LG
I actually respect him for this, though not my style. I'm karmically bound to the Kings. But Brickie is loyal. As much as I know the Lakers need to suffer for their loathsome cheating in 2002, the fact that Boogie is now literally our Boogieman is good drama. Without losing any of my contempt for the Fakers, I like that Boogie (still like and root for him personally) is on that team. Boogie was done wrong here, you can't argue that, when they fired Malone (the entire fanbase was done wrong). So Boogie's redemption arc and the Kings redemption arc are now on a dead-on collision course. If you're scripting it, you can't write it any better. Be a sports fan and enjoy it.

I wish I knew nothing about it. But I challenge anyone to go through one and not question everything they think they know about everything they think they know. Truly the most horrific thing I have ever been a part of.
Oh wait, now not sure where the joke is if one is in there... also sorry you went through that. Wherever your humor is directed towards, where it's coming from sounds very real. I've only heard. Scares the heck out of me though.

Last edited:
I actually respect him for this, though not my style. I'm karmically bound to the Kings. But Brickie is loyal. As much as I know the Lakers need to suffer for their loathsome cheating in 2002, the fact that Boogie is now literally our Boogieman is good drama. Without losing any of my contempt for the Fakers, I like that Boogie (still like and root for him personally) is on that team. Boogie was done wrong here, you can't argue that, when they fired Malone (the entire fanbase was done wrong). So Boogie's redemption arc and the Kings redemption arc are now on a dead-on collision course. If you're scripting it, you can't write it any better. Be a sports fan and enjoy it.
Yes i wish brickie would come back this site may be titled "kings fans" but all are welcome.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It is rather amazing how some of the people quick to jump to a certain conclusion in the Walton investigation are quick to jump to exact opposite conclusion in this Boogie case.

It's an awful situation all around but regardless of whether or not Boogie was goaded or "tricked" into doing it, he still made a very serious threat.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It is rather amazing how some of the people quick to jump to a certain conclusion in the Walton investigation are quick to jump to exact opposite conclusion in this Boogie case.

It's an awful situation all around but regardless of whether or not Boogie was goaded or "tricked" into doing it, he still made a very serious threat.
I'll just say I'm really glad my ex-husband didn't record all our conversations. I personally just don't think it's fair to make any kind of judgment. Broken relationships, especially when children are involved, can get ugly beyond belief.

I'm not sure if you're referencing me here, but if you are, it's inaccurate. I didn't make any judgement on the Walton case as I haven't a clue what happened. I merely pointed out the fact that the woman's refusal to cooperate in the NBAs investigation is to be expected and is not an indicator that she's lying (although she obviously may well be). That is not a defence of her or a criticism of Luke. It is solely a comment on the fact that many here are convinced it shows that she's guilty of lying (it simply doesn't).

In this case, DeMarcus was totally in the wrong for threatening his ex. But we also have more information in the public domain - that being that his ex clearly would not let DeMarcus' son attend his wedding, and that she sold the audio clip to TMZ. It doesn't strike me as someone out to protect her son, it strikes me as someone being petty and vindictive against Cousins, using their son as a weapon against him and trying to cause damage to his reputation by releasing a clip the call to the public. Neither of them come out of it looking good but I don't believe for a second there was anything behind the threat. That still doesn't make it right but I would seriously question the motive of Cousins ex here, it doesn't add up.

I'm not sure if you're referencing me here, but if you are, it's inaccurate. I didn't make any judgement on the Walton case as I haven't a clue what happened. I merely pointed out the fact that the woman's refusal to cooperate in the NBAs investigation is to be expected and is not an indicator that she's lying (although she obviously may well be). That is not a defence of her or a criticism of Luke. It is solely a comment on the fact that many here are convinced it shows that she's guilty of lying (it simply doesn't).

In this case, DeMarcus was totally in the wrong for threatening his ex. But we also have more information in the public domain - that being that his ex clearly would not let DeMarcus' son attend his wedding, and that she sold the audio clip to TMZ. It doesn't strike me as someone out to protect her son, it strikes me as someone being petty and vindictive against Cousins, using their son as a weapon against him and trying to cause damage to his reputation by releasing a clip the call to the public. Neither of them come out of it looking good but I don't believe for a second there was anything behind the threat. That still doesn't make it right but I would seriously question the motive of Cousins ex here, it doesn't add up.
Those two motivations aren't necessarily mutually exclusive...

Those two motivations aren't necessarily mutually exclusive...
What, trying to protect her son and selling an clip to TMZ don't have to be mutually exclusive? I'll have to beg to differ. If her son was her only concern and she was generally worried for his safety in attending DeMarcus wedding (which I seriously doubt), then she would have solely gone to the police, not tried to make a quick buck and destroy his reputation publicly (even if he is partially responsible) by selling an edited (shortened) audio clip to a known, trashy tabloid website. That just smacks of vindictiveness and spite.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Was referring to a certain other major Kings fansite that went full bore on the "fire Walton now" train and have been rather "but Boogie didn't mean to do itttttttt" in this situation.

Regardless of Boogie's intentions in this situation, the audio is out there and no amount of narrative massaging is going to be able to wash his hands of the whole ordeal. Of course, he's a Laker now and if there is a franchise adept at somehow turning horrible press into a rebranding opportunity, it would be them *coughcough*Kobe-turning-his-rape-trial-into-a-chance-to-rebrand-himself-as-"Black Mamba" *cough*

Was referring to a certain other major Kings fansite that went full bore on the "fire Walton now" train and have been rather "but Boogie didn't mean to do itttttttt" in this situation.

Regardless of Boogie's intentions in this situation, the audio is out there and no amount of narrative massaging is going to be able to wash his hands of the whole ordeal. Of course, he's a Laker now and if there is a franchise adept at somehow turning horrible press into a rebranding opportunity, it would be them *coughcough*Kobe-turning-his-rape-trial-into-a-chance-to-rebrand-himself-as-"Black Mamba" *cough*
No kidding then the super "woke" crowd of L.A goes and gives Kobe an oscar as a retirement present. But he didn't MEAN to rape that girl see he states it clear in his apology letter.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/kobe-bryant-apology

What, trying to protect her son and selling an clip to TMZ don't have to be mutually exclusive? I'll have to beg to differ. If her son was her only concern and she was generally worried for his safety in attending DeMarcus wedding (which I seriously doubt), then she would have solely gone to the police, not tried to make a quick buck and destroy his reputation publicly (even if he is partially responsible) by selling an edited (shortened) audio clip to a known, trashy tabloid website. That just smacks of vindictiveness and spite.
If my Ex threatened to put a bullet in my head and also let me know he would not dirty his hands himself,
I would do everything she did - Police report, TMZ, you betcha

Being his Ex , she would know better whether he might be serious or not

We don't know what was in Boogies head when he opened his mouth

If she thought the threat might be real, she did the right thing , It is all out there with Police and TMZ
Boogie might have motive and means (money), but with threats out in open he would
really have to think twice before he called someone

"Dirty deeds Done dirt cheap" playing in background

As Michael McCann stated context is everything. They only released a partial part of the recording. A recording that may have been illegally obtained depending on what state each person was located. Alabama is a 1 party state, but California is a 2 party.

Status
Not open for further replies.