Cousins to Lakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Even with that jersey there will only be 4 games I actively root against him. (At least until playoff seeds are on the line)

Don’t y’all have anything better to do than to look up the posts of someone who used to post here?
It's amazing how much real estate he occupies in some folks minds. He picked up his ball, er, bat, and left. Perhaps with good reason. But for anyone who he tormented that stuck around, you "won". Team is watchable and better off. let it go.

I... don't like this move for Boogie. The NO team with AD and Boogie was disappointing and when Boogie went down AD actually played better. The team already had too many bigs, LeBron is probably best at this point as a 4. AD, Kuzma, JaVale... There will be a lot of pressure on this team to win and a guy like Boogie who has always been a media target won't be covered like he was at GS where he was maybe expected to be no better than the 7th or 8th best guy on the roster. There's a pretty good chance he walked into being the scapegoat here, but that might also be Green. Bad for a guy with questionable mental health.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Boogie off his injuries can’t realistically be the scapegoat can he? That’s all gonna fall on AD.

DMC is a low risk/high reward flier at this point until he proves healthy.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I thought the Miami rumor made more sense for Boogie.

At the same time Davis always seems to be getting injured so he'll play a major role.

Boogie off his injuries can’t realistically be the scapegoat can he? That’s all gonna fall on AD.

DMC is a low risk/high reward flier at this point until he proves healthy.
Historically AD is maybe the most protected player in the league this decade while Boogie was one of the most maligned. And yet their track records aren't much different. I guess I just expect trends to continue.

I'm not sure if/why anyone is surprised he signed with the Lakers. He was waiting for the dominos to fall to pick a team. I knew it was going to be one of the better teams, most likely LAL, so this tweet didn't even make me flinch.

You can argue he's not the same and I can't totally disagree with that, but after he came back from the Achilles he was starting to look pretty good before his got hurt again.

I don't think he's done at all. And sure the team looks a lot like the Pelicans of a few years ago, but LeBron wasn't on that team. AD and Cuz have never been the type to carry a team, but LBJ has. And now all 3 of them are together, that's fierce.

Couple that with the addition of Danny Green at the 2, who's a solid 3 and D guy and this team looks good if everyone is healthy.

Last edited:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Sad to see my pretty cousins basically being AD's perpetual backup but whatever. The last Lakers playoff a deal to get Westbrook or another quality point guard they're still short a true starting five, and counting on the aged LBJ, into fairly unhealthy stars, to carry a lot of scoring weight and no more less precluding a decent bench at this stage. We will see how it works out.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Just to think... Cousins was open to a reunion. Dedmon better kill it this season to make me forget that little nugget.

It's amazing how much real estate he occupies in some folks minds. He picked up his ball, er, bat, and left. Perhaps with good reason. But for anyone who he tormented that stuck around, you "won". Team is watchable and better off. let it go.

I... don't like this move for Boogie. The NO team with AD and Boogie was disappointing and when Boogie went down AD actually played better. The team already had too many bigs, LeBron is probably best at this point as a 4. AD, Kuzma, JaVale... There will be a lot of pressure on this team to win and a guy like Boogie who has always been a media target won't be covered like he was at GS where he was maybe expected to be no better than the 7th or 8th best guy on the roster. There's a pretty good chance he walked into being the scapegoat here, but that might also be Green. Bad for a guy with questionable mental health.
That is simply not true. That Pelican squad was rolling before Boogie got hurt. They were 3rd/4th in the West and the hottest team in the league right when he got hurt. Boogie, Jrue and AD were beating teams up. What saved their season was the acquisition of Mirotic.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
That is simply not true. That Pelican squad was rolling before Boogie got hurt. They were 3rd/4th in the West and the hottest team in the league right when he got hurt. Boogie, Jrue and AD were beating teams up. What saved their season was the acquisition of Mirotic.
I love the myth that NOLA wasn’t good with AD & Boogie. Lol

Just to think... Cousins was open to a reunion. Dedmon better kill it this season to make me forget that little nugget.
It's like getting back with your ex who was very emotional and at times destructive. You gonna hate it when you see him/her posing with all those rich douchebag gf/bf but you have to think if the rift was too severe to repair, and that if it's worth getting back with a potential hurricane that might destroy the new furniture in your new apartment.

Not saying it'd go one way or the other, I'm just saying those are things you'd have to consider when you bring back your once troubled superstar whom you might have parted ways in not-so-ideal terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.