Clippers @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Kings on a winning streak, 4-4 after the trade going into final 20 games of the regular season which is proving to be anything but boring and it does not look like it is going to change.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking at the western conference only 3 teams are safe to make PO and the rest could be anywhere from 4-10. I am not saying this because I think that Kings might miss it. Kings will be there. I am saying it to illustrate how important each and every game is from now on. You want to avoid bad losses at all cost.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
While we made the last game more exciting than it needed to be - there was still enough of the positive stuff which can encourage for the imediate future. If somebody told me that Kings would win a game while shooting 36% and scoring 85 pts - well ... There are words like defense :eek: used inm Kings vocabulary. Players in Kings uniform get rebounds, block shots. A surreal situation - a twilight zone. If we can continue with that - we will be in every game and that is all we can ask for. Down side - If Your heart is weak - You might want to stay away from the games.
Tes, Kings had a practice. That should be a headline on CNN (better than most of their garbage). Must be strange for RA. He was thinking something like who are all of this people ? Never seen so many at once around here;) . Another good news is that there were no injuries during the practice. You never know.
We play Clipers tonight. While they will not make PO - they can beat anybody anywhere. It would be a bad loss. We get Mobley back and it will be interesting to see how that will change the dynamics.I hope he will not be too aggressive to struggle. I hope that Evans get enough minutes despite. Also Mike & Pedja are due or even overdue for a good shooting night. Kaman has been torturing us and tonight it will be very interesting to see wheather this trend will continue with Skinner, Thomas and Darius in there. can we keep Magette of the FT line (probably not).
Mike - due for a good shooting night. I hope he will not fall asleep defensively again late in the game
Pedja - while it is great to see his effort defensively - he needs to get in rythm and soon. If Pedja continues to be mentioned m,ostly for defense - Kings will go nowhere. Also he is playing insane minutes here.
Mobley - hopefully he can get in and help out with scoring without forcing it too much. Are we in for another "turnover night" again ?
Skinner - has been great. Even hit some FTs. Also our team was so bad in area of his strengths that he instantly looks like an all star.
Darius - If he wants to keep his spot - he needs to be more consistant.
Thomas - I assume - he is back tonight. Also played well for us. Just keep it up.
Williamson - had a rough one on Tuesday. Will be better tonight.
House - been solid for his role. Will keep his minutes. I still can not wait to get Bobby back.
Tag - has a nice stint but did not play 2nd half. Tonight he will get back to "mateen"
House - with Mobley back - bench is waiting again.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
RA - has a dilemma. Let's hope he finds a right mix tonight. I would not mind seing Evans ans Mobley splitting the minutes. Also he needs to rest Pedja and Mike more. Other than that - he is doing all he can.
Clippers - I have a feeling that Kaman will NOT "kill" us tonight. On the other hand there is always one opponent that "gets his" against us.
Go Bulls !!!!!!! (Sonics)
Go Suns !!!!!!!!!!!(Rockets)
Go Magic!!!! (Wolves)
Go Bucks!!! (Mavs)

Sure Glad We Gotta Game Tonite ...

That was a long 2-days without some HOOP-ACTION !!!

I'm so excited about our King's .... AGAIN

It's nice to have something to look forward to with REJUVENATED HOPE.

The road to the end of the season looks alot smoother and my hopes of making the playoffs with the ability to compete is VERY OPTIMISTIC.

WOOHOO!!! GO KINGS!!

If they play the way they did against Detroit last Sunday...and the play the way they did against Memphis (for the first 3 quarters at least) we got this

I am very worried about Elton Brand tonight...more so than Shaggy even though the last two times we played the Clippers Shaggy just went off...but this time id have to agree with piksi in that i don't think its gonna be Chris that we're gonna have to worry about...Rick Kamla picked Elton Brand as PF for his all match team...so thats either a good thing OR a bad thing unfortunately...who knows!! Darius and Kenny have their hands full tonight

GO KINGS!!!

Boy that was too long since i saw Kings basketball :D ... well we are at home agian... we have been playing great defense last 2 home games... cant wait to see everyone back tonight.. hopefully they are there ... but we wont get away with shooting around 36% and win agian... so we need thier shooting back !

Two days is pretty long... but later this month, I think they have 4 days off!?:eek:

Andriod_KiNg said:
but we wont get away with shooting around 36% and win agian... so we need thier shooting back !
I hope our shooting do come back too...first it was defense trouble, now it's offense!

Andriod_KiNg: I like what you wrote in your signature! :D

A

AriesMar27

i actually get to watch the game today... i ilive in los angeles so i dont get to see kings games that often....

go kings.... dont beat my clippers to severly.... lol...

i think the 2 day break would have been good cause it will have allowed the new guys to get some decent training sessions with the current squad after the road trip.

piksi

I don't know about the rest of the Kings Kingdom, but I would like to see the Suns lose to the Rockets.

Like they say don't worry about the ones behind you worry about those that are in front of you.

There is still the remote chance, be it some what slim, that the kings could still catch the Suns.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Diehard Jim said:
piksi

I don't know about the rest of the Kings Kingdom, but I would like to see the Suns lose to the Rockets.

Like they say don't worry about the ones behind you worry about those that are in front of you.

There is still the remote chance, be it some what slim, that the kings could still catch the Suns.
I am always as realistic as I can be and at this moment "way down is much shorter than way up."

Kings will not catch Suns even if we win all our games.

iheartBrad said:
it does seem like forever since ive seen them play
really. and i can't watch the game tonight because i have to work:( .

so you guys will have to fill me in on all the details since sportscenter won't give me much:) !!

AriesMar27 said:
i actually get to watch the game today... i ilive in los angeles so i dont get to see kings games that often....

I live in LA as well. Are they showing the game on TV? If so, which channel? I checked national broadcasting on espn and it didnt list anything.

piksi said:
Skinner - has been great. Even hit some FTs. Also our team was so bad in area of his strengths that he instantly looks like an all star.
Very true. Makes the Kings more fun to watch too.

piksi said:
House - been solid for his role. Will keep his minutes. I still can not wait to get Bobby back.
Nice to hear you say something positive about House before calling for Bobby's return. ;) Yeah, if he know's his role, he's an asset.

I, too, am curious about how Mobley will mix in to our new crew.

As always, thanks for the pregame wisdom. :)

GO KINGS!

Have fun at the game guys! I never seem to win the Kings Ticket contest here at work. I've had people from my department win. Oh well, Ill keep trying :)

AriesMar27 said:

ok, let me get this straight...you're in LA...you like the Clips AND the Kings?? Hmm...must have been twice as tough for you back in the 80's and 90's when we BOTH sucked;)

I live in LA and went to the Kings Clips last game. It was funny to hear all the Clips fans shut up as the Kings pulled it out from under them. That was a week after the DC trade and i was still unsure of Cat until he hit a big three, im still not fully convinced though.

Status
Not open for further replies.