[CLE/DET] Eastern Conference Finals discussion

Who will win the Eastern Conference Title?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't expect consistency, Freakout. Stu is nothing if not bizarre and incompetent. He'll argue some nonsense like, "He didn't appear to know that a player was to his right."

only If it came to that level of explanation, they will just ignore it. Too much at stake and the espn execs wouldnt want their golden boy out for a game.
What can we do if they just ignore this and act as if nothing happened.

With the Bulls ousting the Heat and the Pistons proving to be the better team against the Bulls, it seems like a clear path to the Finals. However, with the Ousting of the Mavs, the last hope of the NBA of preventing the Spurs from getting another title went out the door, and they too have a clear path. Jazz sort of had an outside shot, but that seems all but a memory now.

You would think there would be more of an uproar, since it was Webber that was elbowed.
Exactly, shows how this board is biased against or for someone and the total silence from the nba is expected anyways.

on the other hand the board is quiete overall anyways, but some of the ever active like vf21, supes or brick who had some active participation in the earlier unnatural basket ball acts might show some interest on this sometime i guess

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I didn't see that part of the game so I can't really say.

Back to the topic at hand...

GO PISTONS! Talk about coming out and making a statement, Maxiel!!

Whoooooooooo!!!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Well, another ugly slugfest, but this one was at least a good game. Detroit still not exactly making a major statement here.

On the other hand, LeBron frankly has to grow a pair. All of this passing to ****ty scrubs crap is a form of cowardice.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Back to the topic at hand ... again:

Interesting game. Sure have seen a lot of carelessness on both ends of the court. Do these guys know they're in the ECF?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
On the other hand, LeBron frankly has to grow a pair.
I usually don't make comments like that, but HELL YES!!! That makes two games where LBJ had the fate of the Cavaliers in his hands at the very end and failed.

Not a good way to show what you're made of.

Bricklayer

I am thinking the Pistons are just a tad lucky at this point there are not down 0-2 and staring down elimination. First Marshall, and now Hughes with wide open game winners. I'm thinking if those are Horry and Parker...bye bye.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

:: snorts derisively ::

Cleveland now has two moral victories in this series. They're going to get two more... and then they're going fishing.
Cleveland is irrelevant. Or should be. This ECF matchup is roughly at the same level as the 4/5 first round Hou/Utah match in the West. But Detroit has no chance whatsoever at winning a championship playing like this. They have laid the game out on a platter two games in a row to a 50 win Cleveland squad who just didn't want it. That's jsut sad.

That makes two games where LBJ had the fate of the Cavaliers in his hands at the very end and failed.

Not a good way to show what you're made of.
People need to remember that we are talking about a 22 year-old here. It is very seldom that a 22 year-old can deliver the really big punches at this level.

I'm not interested in making statements. I'm interested in making the finals.

Cleveland is playing awesome defense by starting their best athletes, and not playing a point guard.

The flipside is, their offense suffers.

On the flipside, the most dominant big man reamining right now after Tim Duncan is Rasheed Wallace. Nobody can stop him right now.

Sheed is playing the best ball of his life on both ends. Dude is focused like I've never seen him.

Cleveland is irrelevant. Or should be. This ECF matchup is roughly at the same level as the 4/5 first round Hou/Utah match in the West. But Detroit has no chance whatsoever at winning a championship playing like this. They have laid the game out on a platter two games in a row to a 50 win Cleveland squad who just didn't want it. That's jsut sad.
Dude, Cleveland is playing unbelievable defense right now. Their smallest starter is 6'6". They trap and crash all over the floor.

They're able to play that calibur of defense because they start a shooting guard and two small forwards.

The Cavs sacrifice a point guard to put that many defenders on the floor, which is why their games are so horrendously ugly. But it's really tough to score on them.

this reminds me of the 04 ECF where everyone called it JV basketball simply by looking at the box score. In the finals everyone saw it was simply outstanding defense.

I thought the same thing about Detroit in 04, you can't win a championship like that!... Sorry but I learned my lesson, their defense is as stifling and dominating as ever, it is scary how they can squeeze teams when they focus no matter who they are playing. If the game is close they have the edge against anybody in the league... Anybody. Now can they keep it close against the Spurs? That remains to be seen, but I think we are all going to get to find out. Great road team too, Cavs are in trouble...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
People need to remember that we are talking about a 22 year-old here. It is very seldom that a 22 year-old can deliver the really big punches at this level.
No, you need to remember that this is LEBRON JAMES we're talking about, not a mere mortal.

If you can't step it up when it matters the most, then what good are you? He had a great chance to go straight in to the hoop in game 1 and, instead, kicked it out to Marshall. In game 2, he was being guarded by Hamilton and waited too long to make his move inside. He should have gone hard to the hoop again - and didn't.

Detroit has done everything but roll on the floor and show their bellies and the Cavs still haven't been able to capitalize on it. Lebron wants the Cavs to be HIS team. He has to learn to MAKE it his team, not hope for it to be given to him with a nice bow at Christmas.

LeBron can't do the whole promotional thing and compare himself to basketball Jesus, and then hide behind his age when things go bad. Doesn't work that way.

You want to compare him to the all time greats? Both Kobe and Magic were taking over NBA finals games by themselves at a younger age than LeBron is right now.

Dude, Cleveland is playing unbelievable defense right now. Their smallest starter is 6'6". They trap and crash all over the floor.

They're able to play that calibur of defense because they start a shooting guard and two small forwards.

The Cavs sacrifice a point guard to put that many defenders on the floor, which is why their games are so horrendously ugly. But it's really tough to score on them.
I didn't get to see the whole game, but this analysis makes this series sound identical to the Boston-Pistons series in 2002 (scores are similar too). Detroit didn't have a legitimate point guard (Chucky Atkins) while Boston did. Defense was stingy, and while Ben Wallace and the Pistons had an amazing 1st game, the next 4 were slug-fests, with the victor being the one who could get some kind of scoring chances with Kenny Anderson and Paul Pierce... Ahh, memories...

Status
Not open for further replies.