[CLE/DET] Eastern Conference Finals discussion

Who will win the Eastern Conference Title?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
no, sheed fouling out with 8 minutes left for watching lebron fall to the ground was the nail in the coffin.

I don't blame him for going off. He said what the rest of his team was feeling...

props to Gibson. At least one Cav didnt need their personal butlers hold their hands and lead them to the FT line...

no, sheed fouling out with 8 minutes left for watching lebron fall to the ground was the nail in the coffin.

I don't blame him for going off. He said what the rest of his team was feeling...

props to Gibson. At least one Cav didnt need their personal butlers hold their hands and lead them to the FT line...
I understand your homer sentiment (I have it when Kings are playing), but as an outsider's point of view... you are wrong!!

Looks like TP will be available to interview with us first thing Monday morning............and Flip may be available to interview with us by Monday afternoon.

We got royally positively screwed that half and we still managed a tie game.

Cleveland scored 21 points after the delay, on FOUR field goals.

I just hope things even up in the 2nd half. I can live with being beat, but I want a fair shake.

I don't care how badly the NBA wants cleveland in the NBA finals, this is the wrong way to go about doing it.
You might want to think twice about coming around here and complaining about getting screwed.

Last edited:
I am very happy for the city of Cleveland...we think WE have had it bad with the Kings(and we have, I'm sure as hell not discounting our snakebites)they have had nothing but heartbreak for the last 59 years...they have 3 teams, and havent won a title in ANYTHING since 1948 for God's sake. I called my friend good friend Dave, who's from Cleveland, he's 45 years old and has been through SO damn much being from Cleveland and a fan of Cleveland's teams. So for that reason(even though I think SA will win)I am pulling for the Cavs, but moreso for the city of Cleveland.

I am very happy for the city of Cleveland...we think WE have had it bad with the Kings(and we have, I'm sure as hell not discounting our snakebites)they have had nothing but heartbreak for the last 59 years...they have 3 teams, and havent won a title in ANYTHING since 1948 for God's sake. I called my friend good friend Dave, who's from Cleveland, he's 45 years old and has been through SO damn much being from Cleveland and a fan of Cleveland's teams. So for that reason(even though I think SA will win)I am pulling for the Cavs, but moreso for the city of Cleveland.
The Cleveland Browns won the NFL championship in 1964 (43 years ago) behind the great RB Jim Brown and QB Frank Ryan. They also won championships in 1945, 1950, 1954 & 1955.

The Cleveland Browns won the NFL championship in 1964 (43 years ago) behind the great RB Jim Brown and QB Frank Ryan. They also won championships in 1945, 1950, 1954 & 1955.
Yes they did...and even though that was only 43 years ago, and yes it was with one of the greats in Jim Brown...they havent won the MODERN day championship, the Super Bowl. Man, they totally choked back in the 80's against the Broncos in those AFC Championship games...that had to suck to be from Cleveland then...truly heartbreaking. Same with the 96-97 Indians, too.

Yes they did...and even though that was only 43 years ago, and yes it was with one of the greats in Jim Brown...they havent won the MODERN day championship, the Super Bowl. Man, they totally choked back in the 80's against the Broncos in those AFC Championship games...that had to suck to be from Cleveland then...truly heartbreaking. Same with the 96-97 Indians, too.
Michael Jordan did not win an NBA championship until his 6th or 7th year in the league and most agree LeBron James at just 22 years of age is better (or at least as good) as Michael at a comparable point in their careers. I think the Cavs are only a piece or two away from possibly establishing a similar dynasty that Micheal and his supporting cast put together in Chicago.

Unfortunately, the Kings have not only Mt Everest to get over in the Western Conf with SA, Dallas, Utah, Phoenix, Houston, GS not to mention Seattle and Portland rising with potential superstar draft picks - but the Cavs will be sitting there with LeBron for the next decade or more even if you scale such awesome heights.

Props to the Cavs and Daniel Gibson for taking an opportunity to crush the Pistons when they had the chance. I felt that if the Pistons didn't take some type of cushion into the 4th quarter that they would have a difficult time winning this game, and throughout the first 3 quarters they just could not make enough shots to establish the cushion. In the 2nd quarter they missed a few free throws. In the 3rd quarter they missed at least 3 point blank layups. That's about 9-10 additional points that they should have had going into the 4th quarter, and instead they were trailing by one point.

And on a night when the Pistons decided that someone else other than Lebron had to beat them, Daniel Gibson stepped up big time. Kudos to that young man for playing like a seasoned veteran.

I'm disappointed that the Pistons and CWebb won't be moving on to the next round, but they had their chances to take control of this series, and didn't take advantage. When the Cavs had those similar chances, they took full advantage, so they deserve to advance to the NBA Finals.

Michael Jordan did not win an NBA championship until his 6th or 7th year in the league and most agree LeBron James at just 22 years of age is better (or at least as good) as Michael at a comparable point in their careers. I think the Cavs are only a piece or two away from possibly establishing a similar dynasty that Micheal and his supporting cast put together in Chicago.

Unfortunately, the Kings have not only Mt Everest to get over in the Western Conf with SA, Dallas, Utah, Phoenix, Houston, GS not to mention Seattle and Portland rising with potential superstar draft picks - but the Cavs will be sitting there with LeBron for the next decade or more even if you scale such awesome heights.

Wow, 1 good game and you are already better than the GOAT:rolleyes: . That is GREAT logic.

Jordan played against better teams, and in his 4th year his teams WERE starting to be succesful. If anyone thinks LeBron is better... give me a break.

edit: anyone got a video of Webber walking down the hall all alone? I missed it because after Sheed got ejected I went to go play ball myself.

Last edited:
Cavs didi it! After all these years of sucking they're finally in the Finals. I do feel a bit bad for Webber, but life is life. I would have supported them had they played any other East team but this.

And Gibson is going to grow up into a stud, or so it seems.

And it also seems that some people are going to cry long and hard into their pillows tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.