[CLE/DET] Eastern Conference Finals discussion

Who will win the Eastern Conference Title?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was weird watching that game last night. It looked like Cleveland would just throw the ball into Lebron and just get out of his way.

It was weird watching that game last night. It looked like Cleveland would just throw the ball into Lebron and just get out of his way.
what seemed even weirder was the defense against it. you know lebron wasn't giving it up, yet you guard him one-on-one? weird.

what seemed even weirder was the defense against it. you know lebron wasn't giving it up, yet you guard him one-on-one? weird.

Flip Saunders sucks. What really pissed me off was when Saunders told Prince to just guard LeBron 1 on 1 and the Cavs called an ISO for LeBron. Flip had everyone staying on their man instead of rotating to guard the rim. LeBron gets 2 easy game tying dunks or something like that(I dont remember exactly). Flip is an idiot, Pistons should fire him and get JVG this offseason.

Both coaches suck. Cleveland's offense -- give it to LeBron at the top of the key and stand around. Detroit's defensive game-plan -- let LeBron score as many points as possible instead of letting the crappy supporting cast try and beat you. It's crazy.

Both coaches suck. Cleveland's offense -- give it to LeBron at the top of the key and stand around. Detroit's defensive game-plan -- let LeBron score as many points as possible instead of letting the crappy supporting cast try and beat you. It's crazy.

Exactly man I was disgusted especially with Flip. I mean use a real double team, stop letting LeBron go wherever the hell he wants to. Make his teammates make shots. Trap him. Whatever. But don't let him take Tayshaun Prince 1 on 1 twice in the last 20 seconds of the 4th quarter, that's suicide.

Exactly man I was disgusted especially with Flip. I mean use a real double team, stop letting LeBron go wherever the hell he wants to. Make his teammates make shots. Trap him. Whatever. But don't let him take Tayshaun Prince 1 on 1 twice in the last 20 seconds of the 4th quarter, that's suicide.
I agree with this, but Prince also had a bad night. He shaded toward Lebron's left hand for some reason on that last play --- I've no idea why, as Lebron really, really likes to drive to the basket to his right.

I agree with this, but Prince also had a bad night. He shaded toward Lebron's left hand for some reason on that last play --- I've no idea why, as Lebron really, really likes to drive to the basket to his right.
I think Prince expected SOME kind of double team on his right. It would be the sensible thing to do, IMO.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
The thing people are forgetting is that for 3/4 this same Pistons team with this same idiot coach and same [fill in your scapegoat here] had LeBron largely bottled up.

Sometimes the great ones are just going to remind you why they are great ones, and its only rarely because you "let" them do it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I've had 24 hours to think about that game and I'm even more glad today than yesterday that I watched it. I think Lebron James grew up last night - right into the NBA stratosphere. And a lot of us watched it.

Again I say...wow.

The thing people are forgetting is that for 3/4 this same Pistons team with this same idiot coach and same [fill in your scapegoat here] had LeBron largely bottled up.

Sometimes the great ones are just going to remind you why they are great ones, and its only rarely because you "let" them do it.

After the first two games their defense has sucked. They stopped cutting off his angles to the basket with double teams, they stopped contesting shots, they just seem like they'd rather watch LeBron than defend him. I have no idea why that idiot Flip decided to try Chauncey on LeBron 1 on 1 at times. Lets see, LeBron can either use his strength to get past the 6'2'' 215(dont know his official weight so this is a guess) or use his height to shoot over Chauncey. I thought the only guy who did a decent job on LeBron was Rip because of his quickness and height. I would have put Rip on him and had a big man doubling or coming over to help. Instead Flip just let LeBron go 1 on 1.

edit: watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Px-jPm_TU

There were maybe 4 double teams there, and in all of them when LeBron finally decided to shoot the players backed off. In one of the dunks in stead of going up to contest the shot/foul LeBron you see Prince just run away to the side. I mean that won't cut it against LeBron. You have to go the extra mile when you're trying to stop him. Ron wouldn't have let him get that many points, I know that for sure.

Last edited:
Ahh, the tech support Eastern Conference Finals. Looks like the IT squad just isn't coming through in the clutch.

It's times like these where you just have to lean on your superstar bearded Unix guy, who'll hack something together in the last moment to save the game.

weird break here after the first quarter due to technical problems at the arena. Cleveland finished up the first quarter on a hot streak...will this have any effect, or will the older Pistons tighten up during this break?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
weird break here after the first quarter due to technical problems at the arena. Cleveland finished up the first quarter on a hot streak...will this have any effect, or will the older Pistons tighten up during this break?

Well, extra rest for LeBron, but I would think momentum + crowd noise would have been much more key for the Cavs. Pistons get to regroup.

2nd quarter just ugly to this point for both teams. Pistons missing free throws, and some of the Cavs players taking shots they probably shouldn't be taking...hopefully the scoreboard/shot clock can get fixed during halftime.

We got royally positively screwed that half and we still managed a tie game.

Cleveland scored 21 points after the delay, on FOUR field goals.

I just hope things even up in the 2nd half. I can live with being beat, but I want a fair shake.

I don't care how badly the NBA wants cleveland in the NBA finals, this is the wrong way to go about doing it.

Last edited:
We got royally positively screwed that half and we still managed a tie game.

Cleveland scored 21 points after the delay, on FOUR field goals.
I disagree. Just because your spoiled players are acting like crybabies after every call it doesn't mean that you got screwed by the refs. What was that Rasheed's shot after the ref blew the whistle !?

it was a defensive 3 second call. in every arena in the NBA, that would be called a basket. You get the continuation.

There are about a dozen calls the cavs got that shouldn't get called ever. Or at least, we certainly aren't getting that same whistle on our end.

Status
Not open for further replies.