[CLE/DET] Eastern Conference Finals discussion

Who will win the Eastern Conference Title?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I honestly think this is the best game of the series so far. Curious about why Billups just isn't effective against the Cavs, however. Anybody got any theories?

I know it has been a long time since THE TRADE, but it still stings to see Webb in a Pistons jersey.

This game is actually pretty good. Personally, I'm pulling for Detroit. I want Chris to have a ring.

Hat's off to lebron, but if that's the kind of shooting performance it takes for the Cavs to beat us, I don't expect them to win another game.

LeBron isn't going to throw in all of those prayer threes again.

Hat's off to lebron, but if that's the kind of shooting performance it takes for the Cavs to beat us, I don't expect them to win another game.

LeBron isn't going to throw in all of those prayer threes again.
Right... And first two game were close just because Detroit was playing well enough to win :rolleyes:

Can Lebron do it on the road big time in Detroit - maybe. Can the Pistons rally and win on the road in this series like they've done all year - probably. Detroit still favored to win ECF - unless they blow it.

Last edited:
PurpleHaze, Pistons may be favored, but they played 3 games which all came down to the final play (the series is 2 plays away from being a 3-0 Cavs lead), so if anyone is to blow anything, it will be Cleveland.

if Larry Hughes can't play game 4, Chauncey's slump is over by default. The Cavs perimeter D starts and ends with him.

The Cavs got by without him for the half on the strength of hot shooting, but that's not going to last over a 48-minute game. Neither Gibson nor Jones are going to keep and angry Billups from going off on them for a full game.

Last edited:
Man I hope the Pistons blow the Cavs out the next game I HATE Cleveland's whole team including Anderson Flop Varejao and LeBron "fingernails for lunch, dinner, and breakfast" James.

Chauncey is frustrating the heck out of me right now, I mean damn find other ways to score. Instead he is playing horribly. The Pistons need to give Sheed more touches in the post. I want Rip and Chauncey to stop chucking.

sloter, I just had the same basic discussion with a friend about San Antonio. He thinks Utah is now in the Spurs head because of the blow out last night. I told him that the Spurs are way too experienced and that the next game will prove it. I could be wrong but I expect that both the Spurs and Pistons have been awakened and will now cruise in 6 (maybe one of them 7) to meet for the NBA championship.

if Larry Hughes can't play game 4, Chauncey's slump ends. The Cavs perimeter D starts and ends with him.
Whatever Larry Hughes may be achieving on defense, he's more than ruining it offense by chucking ball at his teammates knees, ankles, not to mention his inability to stretch the defense (he was never a very confident player to begin with). I also think that his defense is very overrated: he is one of those matador defenders, but not that great of a defender against physical guards (he got abused by Jason Kidd in a couple of games in the previous series). In fact, if you look at the big stops that were made in the last 2 games on the Cavaliers side they are courtesy of noone other thabut Daniel Gibson. He is a MUCH better fit for whatever Cavaliers are trying to do right now.

sloter, I just had the same basic discussion with a friend about San Antonio. He thinks Utah is now in the Spurs head because of the blow out last night. I told him that the Spurs are way too experienced and that the next game will prove it. I could be wrong but I expect that both the Spurs and Pistons have been awakened and will now cruise in 6 (maybe one of them 7) to meet for the NBA championship.
No, I don't think it's the same situation with Utah-SA series. Utah didn't have much chance of winning the first two games in San Antonio (even though Jazz made strong comebacks, Spurs wins were never in danger) while Cavaliers practically gave the two games away to Detroit. Also, despite the fact that they are a very young team, Cavaliers were in a very similar situation last year, so they do have some experience themselves.

Last edited:
No, I don't think it's the same situation with Utah-SA series. Utah didn't have much chance of winning the first two games in San Antonio (even though they Jazz made strong comebacks, Spurs wins were never in danger) while Cavaliers practically gave the two games away to Detroit.

...and the Spurs got killed in game 3, while Detroit had a real chance to win...

....so your argument is that the Pistons are a better road team and have a better chance of taking their series? Thanks.

Glad to see you're starting to face reality... :D

Man I hope the Pistons blow the Cavs out the next game I HATE Cleveland's whole team including Anderson Flop Varejao and LeBron "fingernails for lunch, dinner, and breakfast" James.

Chauncey is frustrating the heck out of me right now, I mean damn find other ways to score. Instead he is playing horribly. The Pistons need to give Sheed more touches in the post. I want Rip and Chauncey to stop chucking.
I feel the same way except my hatred is directed towards the Pistons :)

Sweet!

Now let's do it again on Tuesday and we're all square (and on a roll).

Any bets on when do the Pistons start fumbling for The Switch? :D

Pistons missed an opportunity to take complete control of this series. They got solid contributions from CWebb, McDyess and Flip Murray (of all people), Tayshawn showed up on offense (although he couldn't control Lebron on the defensive side of the ball), and they won the rebound battle. If either Billups or Rip Hamilton show up with an average game tonight, Pistons are up 3-0.

But, to the Cavs' credit, they battled, took care of the ball all night, and let Lebron win the game for them when they needed him to step up.

My guess is that both Billups and Rip play better in game 4, but I'm not sure if CWebb will play as well, or if Flip Murray can provide the offensive punch which he provided tonight.

At this point, Mike Brown looks like an idiot for even letting Larry Hughes have any playing time at all... He just ruins everything every single time he touches the ball.

Who's been giving the halftime speech in the Cavaliers' locker room this series? Eric Musselman?
I don't know, but this is one of the worst coaching jobs that I've seen in a long time. Total domination on the boards by Detroit. Did Mike Brown forget that he has Varejao!?

... so he finally puts Varejao in the game, but together with Marshall!?!? Bizarre!

Last edited:
A

AriesMar27

looks like the same creature as the one missing from Rasheed's head :eek:
gooden should give that to wallace.... but what is that thing on the back of goodens head? is a mole? birthmark? patch of hair? i just dont get it....

Status
Not open for further replies.