[Game] Bulls @ Kings Game Thread 11/27/2010

piksi

Hall of Famer
Another game - another loss. Kings lost 3 straight and 9th out of their last 10 games to drop to 4-10 which is close tho the bottom of the Western conference. All this is happening with the easy part of the schedule. Kings dropped to 2-4 on the road and with 2-6 record at home the direction of this team this season is obvious. Kings are 2-9 in November - the easiest month schedule-wise and they will finish the month with Bulls and Pacers at home before the brutal December.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kings used to be competitive in almost each game last season. We talked about the team needing to grow and to learn how to close those games in order to become a decent team. Looks like we have to start over again. This team even forgot how to compete for 48 minutes. This team can't score anymore. We haven't scored 90 points in the last 4 games. It is so difficult to watch them suffer.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another season another high lottery pick. That was not a plan. I was one of the biggest advocates for tanking in the past 4-5 years. Clearly, we needed to lose to get better. Now, that we seemed to be there, we are continuing to lose. Now, that was not part of the deal. This season we were supposed to win 30 games and be the 10th pick or so. Right now, it looks like we are running away with the wors record in the NBA. We might not have the worst record in the NBA yet but we did have the easiest schedule.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kings are not in the slump anymore. This isn't a slump. This is a desertion. They don't work as a team, they don't play as a team, they don't support each other, they don't compete, they aren't well coached, they are confused. They suck a lot right now. I wish i had a clue how to solve this one. I don't know if the team quit on the coach. I don't know what changes you can actually make considering the lockout coming up. I just know that I won't be able to make myself watch this for much longer. I am sick and tired of losing without the purpose
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did Evans quit ? I mean what the hell is wrong with him ? 20-5-5 - did that come to fast ? Is it the pressure ? It doesn't matter. After driving to fast in his Benz he has slowed down literary in every facet of his game. My biggest concern is that he used to try harder. He used to want it more. Maybe it is my fault because player I pick on my fantasy teams tend to suck or get hurt even though Darko seems to reverse that trend. Maybe we expected too much. Maybe he is overrated.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TNT and Barkley had a field day with us last night and deservedly so. Luckly I was under influence of good old german hefeweizen so I didn't get to upset about stupid jokes and irony and sarcasm. They will have us one more time in January when we play the Nuggets. We used to be the top team on national TV. We slipped to 0 coverage. Now, we started to come back a little but if this trend continues - no one will want to watch us anyway.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Very easy, relaxing game for the Clippers in the 2nd half as Kings decided not to compete anymore. Frustrations and depressing loss because Clippers aren't any good. Our defensive strategy, forcing Griffin to dunk the ball didn't work this time. They dominated the glass and it didn't hurt them that they turned the ball over to much and that they actually shot the three awful. I can't believe that TNT picked this game.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AWARD TIME

TDM - A. Aminu

LW-VC - R. Butler

JHA - JT

MIKKI - Tyreke

SAR- B Cook

RA&1 - R Foye

Jax/Walk - R. Butler

WTF moment of the game - pick our defense in one of 10 Griffins dunks
Bulls are playing well on the recent West coast trip where they are 3-2 with two more to go. Before they stop in Sacramento they will visit Denver. Normally, that would mean that they would be tired but that won't matter. There is no point talking strategy because what we need to do first it to show up for 48 minutes. Unless we do that, defense, rebounding, shooting etc.. won't matter.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
match ups

Noah vs Kings front line - who will end up with more rebounds ?

Rose vs Evans - same college, same position but definitely different class

Ashton vs 3pt line - how ugly will it be ?

Asik vs TDM - just a hunch

Evans - boooooooooooooooo

Beno - irrelevant

Omri - plays again but it looks like he doesn't

Landry - whole game is garbage time is Landry time

Dalambert - walking foul trouble

Cousins - weak

Cisco - inactive

Head - go to guy :mad:

JT - sad

rest - mateen
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bulls are 8-5 which is 3rd best in the Leastern conference. They are 3-4 on the road and they will look to improve that record. They are decent team and if Boozer ever plays again they might be relevant. Tdm will go to Asik. Brewer will get the LW-VC. Kings will lose another one.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Nothing matetrs here but effort. If we bring the same effort we brought against the Clippers then its over -- even a 2-13 team will whip us. If we could bring the same effort we brought last time we wer home against the Horents then the Bulls are imminently beatable. But to say I have no confidence in the event is an understatemnt.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
This has blowout written all over it. Noah will go for something in the range or 20/15 or 20/20. D. Rose will get his 25+ because he is that good. Bulls also play good defense and our offense struggles enough without any defensive pressure, so this one could get out of hand. I hope not, I hope for a game that is competitive in any way, shape or form. That might be asking for too much though, we will see.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Hopefully we lose by whatever rediculous blow out amount it will take to get Westphail canned.

Is that a 20pt loss? A 25pt loss?

If it wasnt for garbage time Utah would have beaten us by 30. Clips could have beaten us by 25 if they were malicious enough.

This team has crapped out. I still maintain that we have 35 win talent on the roster. Westphail is going to be lucky to hit 20 at this rate.

This team is looking like a chemistry experiment gone horribly wrong. There is no flow in this team's effort. There doesn't seem to be enough coaching going on. The half court offense is nearly non existent. I have no idea what Westphal is going to do, but he cant keep leaning on the " they're too young " excuse for much longer. At some point young players are supposed to learn in practice how to play in games. That has not occurred even for players that have been with the Kings for years (JT for example). The low shooting percentage even from the free throw line is an ugly indicator of a lack of effort. Wide open shots are being missed routinely by players the Kings rely on to be scorers. Except for garbage time, the Kings have been not competitive. There needs to be something that changes or this will become a very dismal year.

Last edited:
I had a great dream last night – Kings were playing amazing basketball: cutting & moving without the ball, beautiful passes, every stroke was great and we won…If only we can come out tonight and play with passion & togetherness. Let’s get Arco rocking again! I think we can do it, but we need to come out with a positive mindset.

Rose is Leaning towards playing tonight and there also reporting Carl Landry is out because of his back so if this is true who starts at the 4?

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
CJ Watson went off the other night. I'm hoping our guys will have some pride and come out and actually play with some energy and move the ball around instead of standing around.

gunks

Hall of Famer
"Injury Update: JT replacing Landry in starting lineup tonight, Landry will still play. Cisco out with virus"

via @SacramentoKings
Oh good, Wright might finally get some PT! :p

I'm hoping JT does well tonight. He's completely hopeless on offense, but at least he draws fouls, rebounds, and (occasionally) plays good man D. As opposed to Landry who (occasionally) plays great offensively, but brings nothing else to the table. Maybe he (Landry) will go off since he's coming off the bench, he destroys team's second unit players. Of course if he does really good in a bench role, I have no confidence in Westphal to keep him there.

RE: How our team will score: we wont. We'll be lucky to score 20 points. Hopefully we can hold the Bulls to that as well. Unless of course the potential laden two man game of Head/Dally finally starts clicking.

Last edited:
Is anyone elses league pass feed not up yet? Mine says game will be "joined in progress".

I have Dish Network. This better not have anything to do with them dropping FSN California. If I can't watch the Kings with league pass..