Building a bench

So to your mind, there's only one option, being miserable and negative. I want no part of that world. It's one thing to recognize what's wrong with the team, and its past history, but we don't have to wallow in it day after day after day. I don't understand people that are always negative. But then they probably don't understand me. All I can say to them, is enjoy your world of despair without hope. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm headed back out to the sunshine and the beach. :rolleyes:
Not at all what I said but ok. The poster claimed he was surprised how much negativity there was on the board and I pointed out that I was more surprised that after so much ineptitude, people can still find positivity.

Wasn't meant as a dig as much as an observation.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
1) anybody know what the Spurs are looking for here? The implication is a salary dump to clear room, but they can't possibly think they are going to get somebody to eat $8.5mil just to get Splitter. How much do they actually have to shave?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/238468/Spurs-Make-Tiago-Splitter-Available-In-Trade-Talks

2) and obviously if this is true its completely ridiculous and completely closes the door on the Arfflalo angle. bring on Stuckey. For a reasonable price.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...-sign-arron-afflalo-for-3-years-36-38-million

K

KingMilz

Report: Kings interested in reunion with F Quincy Acy

New York Knicks forward Quincy Acy is a restricted free agent, but is reportedly drawing interest from the Kings, Nuggets, Magic and Pelicans, according to Yahoo Sports' Marc J. Spears
I guess the slight improvement in his shooting has got some team interested, while he's deeply flawed I'm thrilled he's most likely going to make a decent living in the NBA and I just like him for some reason I can't describe since I know he's not really a good player. I don't know where he would help us either.

1 hour ago
The Knicks will not extend a qualifying offer to forward Quincy Acy, according to a report from Yahoo! Sports.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

I guess the slight improvement in his shooting has got some team interested, while he's deeply flawed I'm thrilled he's most likely going to make a decent living in the NBA and I just like him for some reason I can't describe since I know he's not really a good player. I don't know where he would help us either.
Meh. He's a good glue guy to have around I guess. Every team needs its Laurence Funderburke. I'm not quite sure I seem him even getting past Eric Moreland in the pecking order though.

If the knicks are really front runners for Afflalo especially at the price than good luck. That would be 1 less team that was linked to lou williams. Teams were kings,nets,knicks, and lakers I'd say we would be high up on that list. Sign Lou to 9-10mill and give the rest to Wesley Johnson.

1 hour ago
I like him a lot as well. He's a great team guy and brings the intangible of 'nasty' without being a dirty player. Another good guy to have around Cousins. Keep surrounding him with quality dudes who are hard working pros

I don't see Acy getting more than vet minimum, so if he wants to come back, he's welcome: Quincy won't affect cap space as long as he's willing to wait a bit, and any player, who has experience and wants to come to Sacramento for minimum salary adds depth.

Two names that would provide some shooting off the bench is gearld green and mo Williams.

Both should be attainable veteran players with a reasonable contract. They probably would sign for a 3 year 15 mil contract and fills out the bench.

Gearld green can play the backup swingman and start when necessary.

Mo Williams would solidify the backup point guard and back up DC, which would stop the need of trying to trade half the team for a Bledsoe or Lawson.

Re-sign casspi for back up small forward-stretch 4 duties and re-sign Andre Miller as the third pg.

New kings deeper line-up:

PF: WCS/ landry/ Moreland
SF: Gay/ casspi
C: DMC/ JT
SG: McLemore/ green/ stauskas
Pg: collison/ Williams/ miller

Gerald Green is the role model of a low IQ player. He just takes a ton of bad, forced shots and than he comes back to take some more....
There are days, when his jumpshot is on and he will give you 20pts in no time and you can play him 2o minutes+. But more often his jumpshot is off and he keeps shooting, forcing you to pull him out of the game, in order to save the offensive flow of your team.
Green is literally one of the very few players I want no part of.

Mo Williams is a decent combo guard. He would give us some qualitity minutes offensively. But I would prefer a aggressive defender. And that's not Williams trademark.

Mo Williams is a lock to sign either in Cleveland (Lebron, does he need more reasons?) or Dallas (has a home and lives there in the off-season). Unless it's minimum (not happening) Kings should have many more targets than Gerald Green.

Any chance we can pry away Jae Crowder from the Celtics? Impressed me with his defense and hustle. Needs to improve his jumpshot but is the kind of wing defender I would love on our roster.
I would love to get Crowder but I wouldn't count on it : he's a restricted FA, he wants to come back to Boston and the Celtics want to keep him...