[Game] Bucks @ Kings, Friday Jan. 10, 7 PM PT/10 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giles played just 15 minutes and Kings were +3 while he was on the floor. He made a few big mistakes but overall the team played well when he was on the floor.

I don't understand the teams massive hesitance to just see what he can do.

If his knees hold up he's going to shine for another team (probably a good team) and be a key rotation guy. At this point the Kings have obviously lost interest in his development.
Luke punished him for fouling three point shooters.

Buddy Buddy Buddy - haters gotta hate m i rite?

No mention of 6 TO by Fox, defense on Bledsoe in first quarter that first gave the Bucks the lead, Dedmon's shooting (lack thereof) ... Hey Ariza gave up straight line drives - is his defense sh*t? How about JJ letting a guy get a layup from 35 ft - is his defense sh*t? Does he have lowest bball IQ in the league?

So many reasons why we lost, not to mention the chances of winning were slim to begin with going up against the Bucks without Bags/Bogi. But of course, reading this thread and the whole ****ing forum it's just blame Hield for everything.

I think I'm about done with this board for this season. There's no objectivity at all. The guy gets unfairly scrutinized and hated just because a) we traded Cousins for him and b) he made some dumb remarks before the season. I can't wait for us to give extensions to Fox and Bagley and see what happens here. Call yourselves fans.
Fox was +8 and some of those turnovers were fouls. Buddy was blanketed, not surprising he didn't have a great game. CoJo being off offensively didn't help. This was a collective loss. I don't think this should be pinned on any one person. The refs clearly favored the Bucks. Maybe they had money on the spread, who knows. Someone call TD!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Giles played just 15 minutes and Kings were +3 while he was on the floor. He made a few big mistakes but overall the team played well when he was on the floor.

I don't understand the teams massive hesitance to just see what he can do.

If his knees hold up he's going to shine for another team (probably a good team) and be a key rotation guy. At this point the Kings have obviously lost interest in his development.
I’m pretty convinced there’s a “kind of hide him so we can maybe resign him” order put out there by the higher-ups. The Kings know he’s talented (The last two years of gushing by everyone wasn’t just fan-service BS). The rest of the league probably is aware he’s talented. & Vlade knows what will happen if he gets an offer and balls out elsewhere.

I’m pretty convinced there’s a “kind of hide him so we can maybe resign him” order put out there by the higher-ups. The Kings know he’s talented (The last two years of gushing by everyone wasn’t just fan-service BS). The rest of the league probably is aware he’s talented. & Vlade knows what will happen if he gets an offer and balls out elsewhere.
Well as we know that's likely to backfire big time. Other teams have scouts and aren't stupid. If there is a diamond in the rough out there another team will find it.

Just so strange that the Kings knew they had a diamond in the rough and just months later don't care anymore.

Fox was +8 and some of those turnovers were fouls. Buddy was blanketed, not surprising he didn't have a great game. CoJo being off offensively didn't help. This was a collective loss. I don't think this should be pinned on any one person. The refs clearly favored the Bucks. Maybe they had money on the spread, who knows. Someone call TD!
Yes I completely agree with your post, but you would not get this looking at the comments. One reason why Buddy's +/- was bad was that stretch in late 3rd when Fox and Barnes was out and he just got blanketed. Created some open shots for Dedmon that were bricked, and then himself started taking the shots and bricked them.

Collective loss. I completely agree.

Kingster

Hall of Famer

I would make every player do practices focused solely on driving inside to draw fouls. Bjeli, Barnes and Fox are the only ones who seem to not be afraid of contact.
Yeah, eventually they may even get some foul calls!:D Walton was a little tongue tied when talking about the lack of free throws. Talked about how many paint shots the Kings had and what a very small proportion of those paint shot got foul calls. I guess we'll just have to live with this for the rest of the year.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Buddy Buddy Buddy - haters gotta hate m i rite?

No mention of 6 TO by Fox, defense on Bledsoe in first quarter that first gave the Bucks the lead, Dedmon's shooting (lack thereof) ... Hey Ariza gave up straight line drives - is his defense sh*t? How about JJ letting a guy get a layup from 35 ft - is his defense sh*t? Does he have lowest bball IQ in the league?

So many reasons why we lost, not to mention the chances of winning were slim to begin with going up against the Bucks without Bags/Bogi. But of course, reading this thread and the whole ****ing forum it's just blame Hield for everything.

I think I'm about done with this board for this season. There's no objectivity at all. The guy gets unfairly scrutinized and hated just because a) we traded Cousins for him and b) he made some dumb remarks before the season. I can't wait for us to give extensions to Fox and Bagley and see what happens here. Call yourselves fans.
That's not fair and it's not true. My opinion of Buddy has NOTHING to do with the DMC trade. As far as his comments go, that's not germane at this point. What is pertinent is he is NOT performing adequately. STK says it's Walton's fault. I think it's more on Buddy -- a mental block thing. The bottom line is if he was doing his job properly, we wouldn't be complainig. Hell, even the nicest guy on the planet Jerry Reynolds has pointed out that Buddy just needs to quit doing some of the stupid stuff he does.

I am a fan and I resent your implication that I'm anything but a fan. The same goes for the others who are voicing their frustrations, opinions, etc. Face it. If we weren't fans we wouldn't be here.

The fact we were playing the Bucks short-handed WAS brought up but of course you don't want to acknowledge that as it spoils your narrative. Maybe you do need to take a bit of a break. ANY sports message board is going to hone in on a player or two they think isn't living up to their expectations, especially when the team is losing.

Buddy Hield demanded the spotlight when he took his negotiations public. He (and his fans) can't complain now because the spotlight is still focused on him. His game should be able to speak for him. If/when it does, he'll receive credit and the fan mob will find someone else to focus on. Thus it has been and thus it ever shall be (or words to that effect).

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The Kings made a valiant effort against a team that is one of the top three teams in the league. The Bucks are a whole, veteran, connected, and healthy team. The Kings are just not there yet. It's a good test and I'm sure Walton will use it as a learning tool in the film room. He already talked about the stupid stuff like illegal screens and fouling 3 point shooters. I expect Monday the Kings will have Bagley, Holmes, and Bogs in uniform against Orlando. Hopefully, Barnes is ok by then.

Buddy is trying to be something he is not. He is trying to do things and practice things mid-season. It's not just his turnovers, it's nothing to do with cousins, or wharever. His defense is horrible, his shot select is horrible, his decision-making is horrible, his ball-handling is horrible, his yelling at teammates mid-game is horrible, his runnig to the media is horrible, his lack of trust has rubbed off, that is horrible. Oh, but he had less turnovers than Fox? Come on Mac! Fox almost had a triple double. He is learning to take over games somethimg Hield will never be able to do. Hield would fit if he would go back to catch and shoot, but he doesn't. He thjnks he's a star, which is horrible beause he's not.

It's funny how every year the mods conveniently allow a certain individual players to become the object of continued hate on this board but yet others are off limit and threads get locked.

Years ago it was IT. He was continually called names. There were multiple posts calling him selfish, chucker, little man syndrome, midget, etc. But it was ok because the guy with the bat in his hand was leading the charge.

Now Buddy is the new target. Granted it's a lot deserved as he's played poorly and ran his mouth. However just seems over the top and too much of the team's and organization's struggles are being placed on one guy.

Buddy and the team were both much better last year. That's a fact. Vlade fired the coach that got way more out of Buddy than the current coach and also got more out of the team. That's also a fact. Yet Buddy gets all the blame....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Buddy is trying to be something he is not. He is trying to do things and practice things mid-season. It's not just his turnovers, it's nothing to do with cousins, or wharever. His defense is horrible, his shot select is horrible, his decision-making is horrible, his ball-handling is horrible, his yelling at teammates mid-game is horrible, his runnig to the media is horrible, his lack of trust has rubbed off, that is horrible. Oh, but he had less turnovers than Fox? Come on Mac! Fox almost had a triple double. He is learning to take over games somethimg Hield will never be able to do. Hield would fit if he would go back to catch and shoot, but he doesn't. He thjnks he's a star, which is horrible beause he's not.
Even I think that's a bit harsh. This is not gonna go well if people on each side accelerate the rhetoric.

It's funny how every year the mods conveniently allow a certain individual players to become the object of continued hate on this board but yet others are off limit and threads get locked.

Years ago it was IT. He was continually called names and multiple posts calling him selfish, chucker, little man syndrome, midget, etc. But it was ok because the guy with the bat in his hand was leading the charge.

Now Buddy is the new target. Granted it's a lot deserved as he's played poorly and ran his mouth. However just seems over the top and too much of the team's and organizational
struggles are being placed on one guy.

Buddy and the team were both much better last year. That's a fact. Vlade fired the coach that got way more out of Buddy than the current coach and also got more out of the team. That's so a fact. Yet Buddy gets all the blame....
Hey now, be fair to Vlade. Being a GM is hard and all he does is crush every decision he makes. It's obvious to anyone that firing a coach who led you to your teams best finish in 13 years and a 12 win improvement from the previous season should be fired.

It’s interesting that some of those posting here seem to take it personally when others criticize members of the Kings (players, coaches, front office). They react viscerally like someone is attacking a member of their family. It’s ridiculous.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Years ago it was IT. He was continually called names. There were multiple posts calling him selfish, chucker, little man syndrome, midget, etc. But it was ok because the guy with the bat in his hand was leading the charge.

Now Buddy is the new target. Granted it's a lot deserved as he's played poorly and ran his mouth. However just seems over the top and too much of the team's and organization's struggles are being placed on one guy.

Buddy and the team were both much better last year. That's a fact. Vlade fired the coach that got way more out of Buddy than the current coach and also got more out of the team. That's also a fact. Yet Buddy gets all the blame....
Yeah, it's all the mods fault!! Hang em!!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Hey now, be fair to Vlade. Being a GM is hard and all he does is crush every decision he makes. It's obvious to anyone that firing a coach who led you to your teams best finish in 13 years and a 12 win improvement from the previous season should be fired.
Joerger sealed his own fate. That’s the one and only decision I actively applaud Vlade for.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It’s interesting that some of those posting here seem to take it personally when others criticize members of the Kings (players, coaches, front office). They react viscerally like someone is attacking a member of their family. It’s ridiculous.
No, it's part of a sports message board. It happens on every board I've ever visited, and I've visited at least one for every team over the years. Some react emotionally, others use sarcasm. The bottom line? Everyone is trying to voice their frustration with losing. Winning cures a lot of ills ... hopefully you'll see soon.

That's not fair and it's not true. My opinion of Buddy has NOTHING to do with the DMC trade. As far as his comments go, that's not germane at this point. What is pertinent is he is NOT performing adequately. STK says it's Walton's fault. I think it's more on Buddy -- a mental block thing. The bottom line is if he was doing his job properly, we wouldn't be complainig. Hell, even the nicest guy on the planet Jerry Reynolds has pointed out that Buddy just needs to quit doing some of the stupid stuff he does.

I am a fan and I resent your implication that I'm anything but a fan. The same goes for the others who are voicing their frustrations, opinions, etc. Face it. If we weren't fans we wouldn't be here.

The fact we were playing the Bucks short-handed WAS brought up but of course you don't want to acknowledge that as it spoils your narrative. Maybe you do need to take a bit of a break. ANY sports message board is going to hone in on a player or two they think isn't living up to their expectations, especially when the team is losing.

Buddy Hield demanded the spotlight when he took his negotiations public. He (and his fans) can't complain now because the spotlight is still focused on him. His game should be able to speak for him. If/when it does, he'll receive credit and the fan mob will find someone else to focus on. Thus it has been and thus it ever shall be (or words to that effect).
No worries, it's time I take a page out of some of the older posters' playbook and get out of here. You yourself have alluded to how things have changed around here and driven many of the old posters away. Have fun in this little b*tching pool we call a forum these days, props for hanging in there.

Yeah, it's all the mods fault!! Hang em!!
You know damn well the stuff about IT was over the top and ridiculous.

Buddy is now being trashed in multiple threads including the game thread but if someone says something bad about Bagley in a game thread they get warned, posts deleted, etc.

Why the double standard?

Buddy is now being trashed in multiple threads including the game thread but if someone says something bad about Bagley in a game thread they get warned, posts deleted, etc.

Why the double standard?
I've got kicked out of a thread for saying Buddy sucks.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

Buddy is now being trashes in multiple threads but if someone says something bad about Bagley in a game thread they get warned, posts deleted, etc.
When Bagley isn't playing, it's pretty obvious there's another agenda at work when some bring him up in a game thread. The number of times members are warned, posts deleted, etc. is microscopic compared to the total # of posts made on this board.

Have a good night.

I do think it's a lot of factors though. The fact is we expected a leap this year, but it's not entirely fair to Walton or the players to be as good year 1 in Waltons system as they would have been in year 4 in Joergers. But by firing Joerger and bringing in Walton, you don't get that luxury with the fans for patience since the team made such a big leap last season.

You also brought in 4 new rotational players who figured to be key components and a lot of weirdness has gone on this season. Dedmon, who was supposed to be a major cog for this team and unlock a bunch of things for the offense and defense, forgot how to play, Fox, Bogdan and Bagley have been hurt a good portion of the year, Fox/Bagley/Buddy have played like 50 minutes together this season. I know its fun to rag on Bagley, but he also hasn't stayed healthy to really find a rhythm in a bigger role to see if he's made some growth in his game as a young big (again, a concerning issue with the constant injuries).

The major issue with this team is without the main cogs healthy, we pretty much saw what the ceiling of the team would be. Barnes/Bogdan/Buddy/Bjelica/Ariza/Dedmon/CoJo are who they are and aren't going to all of a sudden see a spike in production. So much is reliant on Bagley and Fox becoming superstars for this team to go anywhere. And that's the big issue. Richaun Holmes has been the huge wild-card, but Walton also struggled to work him and Bagley together during that stretch and took him off the floor in lieu of the drastically worse player (right now) in Bagley. It's also hard to see him being any more productive than he has been (basically prime Tyson Chandler) unless he adds the outside shot to his game.

When Bagley isn't playing, it's pretty obvious there's another agenda at work when some bring him up in a game thread. The number of times members are warned, posts deleted, etc. is microscopic compared to the total # of posts made on this board.

Have a good night.
I saw that go on when he was playing too and playing poorly. The second part of your post is true but I'm just asking for consistency.

No doubt Buddy has had a garbage year and deserves a lot of flack. However he's not the only one and that goes for players, coaches, and front office included. Nobody should be off limits.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Regarding Buddy, imo I really didn't think he played with low IQ in this game. He just couldn't get open. For the most part he didn't take bad shots (I think he had one or two bad shots) and he didn't over-dribble and was moving without the ball, much moreso than in previous games. It's just that both Mathews and DiVincenzo blanketed him and the Kings aren't quite connected enough on offense to get him the ball with precision at just the right moment. If he keeps this up, his game should improve. It will be interesting to watch him against Orlando, which doesn't have the perimeter defenders of the Bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.