Bogi vs Luka per 36?

I don’t mind talking about Luka Doncic. Where it gets annoying every time he gets brought up is that people completely undersell Bagley and ignore his star potential and flashes and how well he’s played. His numbers in what is really a fixed role as per the “no car keys for rookies” philosophy is not exactly normal for a 19 year old. Bagley is quite prodigious himself.

They bring up Doncic getting hot and beating the Rockets after an otherwise dismal performance but ignore that Bagley completely took over vs OKC and had nearly a double double and three huge blocks in the fourth quarter alone in a game the Kings would’ve lost without that. They act like Doncic is flawless when he has had some duds just like Bagley has and often has dismal shooting nights while people are propping him up. If that’s brought up to detract him then his age is brought up but people act like it’s a cop out when Bagley’s age is brought up.

I like Luka and I’m not annoyed by people wishing we drafted him but I am annoyed by how unfairly Bagley has been treated and evaluated basically out of that bitterness. People using terms like “he might be serviceable” when all signs point to a star big in the NBA.

Last edited:
I don’t mind talking about Luka Doncic. Where it gets annoying every time he gets brought up is that people completely undersell Bagley and ignore his star potential and flashes and how well he’s played. His numbers in what is really a fixed role as per the “no car keys for rookies” philosophy is not exactly normal for a 19 year old. Bagley is quite prodigious himself.

They bring up Doncic getting hot and beating the Rockets after an otherwise dismal performance but ignore that Bagley completely took over vs OKC and had nearly a double double and three huge blocks in the fourth quarter alone in a game the Kings would’ve lost without that. They act like Doncic is flawless when he has had some duds just like Bagley has and often has dismal shooting nights while people are propping him up. If that’s brought up to detract him then his age is brought up but people act like it’s a cop out when Bagley’s age is brought up.

I like Luka and I’m not annoyed by people wishing we drafted him but I am annoyed by how unfairly Bagley has been treated and evaluated basically out of that bitterness. People using terms like “he might be serviceable” when all signs point to a star big in the NBA.
This. I didn't want Luka but admit he's looked good. But Bagley has looked really good at times too and imo has more unfulfilled potential. The sky is the limit for Bagley, let's see what these guys look like a couple years from now.