Bogi vs Luka per 36?

Hey some of you here are so agile with stats.. is it easy to put together a statistical Bogi vs Luka comparison?

I'm asking from an openminded place. I see those videos every night of Luka and I get it. wow.

But I'm also seeing a bigger younger Bogi in a lot of respects, so I'm just curious how they stack up statistically. Can someone do those numbers? I'm just curious not trying to win any arguments or rub home any points one way or another.

Can I add onto this request. Can we also see a comparison on Per 100 possessions?

I would guess that Bogdan's per 100 possession stats are considerably more efficient than Luka's

AST / TO Ratio in Bogdan's favor in a landslide... Who woulda thunk that? ( I kid with this question btw, I actually was fortunate enough to catch some of Bogdan's games back at Partizan when Satoransky was injured and he was their PG)

Karl Malone is the NBA's all time leader in turnovers (despite leading the league in that category in only one season) at 4578 in 1476 games.

If you plug in Luka's 3.56 Turnovers per game X 1476 games it comes out to 5254 turnovers...

Last edited:
AST / TO Ratio in Bogdan's favor in a landslide... Who woulda thunk that?

Karl Malone is the NBA's all time leader in turnovers (despite leading the league in that category in only one season) at 4578 in 1476 games.

If you plug in Luka's 3.56 Turnovers per game X 1476 games it comes out to 5254 turnovers...
nickname: "Flaky Pastry"?

Luka is the better scorer and rebounder. He gets a lot of assists and he he is a good passer but his TOs are a problem.

Bogan is a better shooter and a better decision maker (Ast/TO ratio) at a lower usage.

They have similarities but ultimately they are very different players. Luka is looking like the Mav's franchise guy and gets the touches as such. Bogdan, while extremely important, isn't our franchise guy and isn't treated as such.

As a basketball fan both guys are fun.

sure wouldn't be bad for any team to take Luka and make him Franchise Guy. I guess more and more it seems clear to me that the Kings already decided that DeAaron was that guy. time will tell if, on balance, it was a winning call, a small mistake, or a big mistake.

thanks for sharing the stats. I sort of knew how to look them up but I wanted to see them as Oz put them above

Interesting but not really fair as the two of them play very different roles. I love Luka and I’m glad he’s doing well. I had little doubt that he would succeed but even I am surprised he and the Mavericks are doing as well as they are.

Interesting but not really fair as the two of them play very different roles. I love Luka and I’m glad he’s doing well. I had little doubt that he would succeed but even I am surprised he and the Mavericks are doing as well as they are.
I'm guessing you are also surprised t the Kings are doing as well as they are too. It's been a weird quarter of the season.

No GM is taking Bogie over Luka haha the hate really is flowing here
AST / TO Ratio in Bogdan's favor in a landslide... Who woulda thunk that? ( I kid with this question btw, I actually was fortunate enough to catch some of Bogdan's games back at Partizan when Satoransky was injured and he was their PG)

That harden guy just broke the turnover record no way he wins mvp the same year

That harden guy just broke the turnover record no way he wins mvp the same year
Perhaps you're onto something. What a correlationo_O. All the top turnover guys in NBA history are HOF players, maybe the secret to the hall of fame is averaging near 4 turnovers... does anyone here have good seats? maybe we can convince them to start encouraging all of our players to strive for 3-4 turnovers.

Harden's AST:TO ratio was 2:1 thats considerably better than Doncic.

No GM is taking Bogie over Luka haha the hate really is flowing here
The Mavs blatantly tanked a season and traded a future 1st rd pick up for Luka while Vlade pulled Bogdan basically out of thin air. No one here is talking about GM's taking bogie over luka, except you, because you're trying to frame the conversation that way.. If they were, the costs of these players is worth bringing up.

Last edited:
Perhaps you're onto something. What a correlationo_O. All the top turnover guys in NBA history are HOF players, maybe the secret to the hall of fame is averaging near 4 turnovers... does anyone here have good seats? maybe we can convince them to start encouraging all of our players to strive for 3-4 turnovers.

The Mavs blatantly tanked a season and traded a future 1st rd pick up for Luka while Vlade pulled Bogdan basically out of thin air. No one here is talking about GM's taking bogie over luka, except you, because you're trying to frame the conversation that way.. If they were, the costs of these players is worth bringing up.
I expect Bogie and Harden to have better assist to TO ratio vs a 19 year old

I'm guessing you are also surprised t the Kings are doing as well as they are too. It's been a weird quarter of the season.
I’m not sure if there was anyone, even on this site, that realistically believed that we would be 13-12 at this point in the season. So yes I am very happy to report that I’ve been surprised and yes it definitely has been an odd season. The west in particular has been strange. It’s been a long time since there hasn’t been a complete runaway team or two at the top.

Different players. And I love, not just like, both of them.
I'm not even looking at the stats for my consideration...
Bogdan is a professor, created by the best to play basketball.
Doncic was born to play this game.
It's pretty easy to notice just checking their careers.

The comparison is DeAaron vs Luka now is it not?:) I have barely watched Luka and I have watched every game DeAaron has played in a Kings Uni so I am not in position to compare their play.

I do know enough that they both need the ball in their hands. Bogdan needs the ball as well. Of course so do Frank and Yogi.

The comparison is DeAaron vs Luka now is it not?:) I have barely watched Luka and I have watched every game DeAaron has played in a Kings Uni so I am not in position to compare their play.

I do know enough that they both need the ball in their hands. Bogdan needs the ball as well. Of course so do Frank and Yogi.
It's absolutely Fox vs. Doncic.

One should note that the Mavs tanked/traded for the CHANCE at drafting Luka. It's working out for them, but could very easily have backfired. Vlade spent very little, and was also highly assured of his target player. Comparing scenarios where one of the factors was luck is an unfair comparison, because you could compare the non-luck scenario to any number of scenarios because talent is going to drop into the league somewhere. We have taken a fairly methodical approach to our rebuild, and yes, some luck was involved, but Vlade was stacking the luck deck on his side pretty well.

dude12

Hall of Famer
What might be the point of this thread in this part of the forum? Shouldn’t this go back to one of the 2 Doncic threads in the other area?

their statistics is really so similar... luka rebounds significantly more and turning the ball over significantly more... both were best young players in europe (official title)... Edge goes to Luka, because of his age and hype, probably higher upside, but Bogi is going to have a great succesful nba career as well

sure wouldn't be bad for any team to take Luka and make him Franchise Guy. I guess more and more it seems clear to me that the Kings already decided that DeAaron was that guy. time will tell if, on balance, it was a winning call, a small mistake, or a big mistake.

thanks for sharing the stats. I sort of knew how to look them up but I wanted to see them as Oz put them above
I think the Kings simply thought Bagley was the better player and from what we have seen so far they could well be correct.

Luka plays like the polished pro he is. His timing on the gather, his multidirectional step back, his overall court vision are things a seasoned pro has. Which like Bogi, Luka was when he came over.

Bagley by contrast skipped his senior year of high school, joined Duke in September, played on an AAU team coached by his dad (a football player).

Even given those differences, Bagley’s per 36 numbers are remarkably close to Luka’s.

https://stats.nba.com/players/tradi... Season&PerMode=Per36&PlayerExperience=Rookie

We may well be saying in 3 years, I’m so glad we picked Bagley just like we are saying the same about Fox who has a worse rookie season than Bagley.

While I don’t necessarily think it’s productive to measure Luka’s numbers against Bogdanovic’s at this point in their respective careers, I do think it’s pretty clear that the Kings’ FO saw Luka’s skill set as at least partially redundant to Bogdan’s. Though Luka may very well become an all-star sooner rather than later, it’s a completely defensible decision to believe that drafting Marvin Bagley, who has all-star potential himself, would provide the Kings with an athletic difference-maker up front while not minimizing the potential impact of their other primary ballhandlers in Fox and Bogdanovic.

Yes, it’s prudent to have multiple ball handlers in the contemporary NBA, but we’ve also seen the deleterious effects that having too many ball dominant players (a different distinction than “ball handler”) can have on player confidence and efficiency. The calculus of the Bagley/Doncic decision is difficult to parse without the benefit of hindsight, and I certainly don’t think it’s nearly as cut and dry as some members of the board want to pretend it is, and certainly not as cut and dry as many members of the media want to pretend it is.