Blazers @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Boy, I must be the only one who saw legitimate blocks and a call that could have been a foul or not. Prz didn't intend to do anything. Come on, guys. Don't blame the officials.

Instead, say a prayer that Darius is okay.

wow. he had to go back to the locker room, huh? argh!!!

that pisses me off! as if we need any more injuries. aaaaaaaaaaaaagh.

i really hope darius is ok!!

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
iheartBrad said:
he fell exactly like Mo Evans fell only he didn't land on his ear
It looked to me that it may have been his shoulder, although the Portland announcers keep saying he fell hard on his back.

vj9999 said:
I hope Darius is ok. If that happened to Mo, he would have shaken it off :) HE should tech DSong how to lend the fall better :) Sorry just trying to cure the pain with some humor.
Actualy I was in ARCO the night against Utha when Mo went down... scary! place EXPLODED when he came out with the big band-aid on his head!

VF21 said:
Boy, I must be the only one who saw legitimate blocks and a call that could have been a foul or not. Prz didn't intend to do anything. Come on, guys. Don't blame the officials.

Instead, say a prayer that Darius is okay.
I thought that last block on DSong was clean. Other two could have gone either way and I would of course liked it if they went our way :)

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
The block was clean. I am, of course, concerned about Darius. It did not look to me like RA should have gotten a T. He was calling time-out and came out onto the floor. Portland had already scored and it was Kings ball. Because of RA's concern for Darius who was obviously hurt he did not wait and came right out onto the floor. Javie whirled, saw Adelman on the court and quickly whistled a T. That is what was totally stupid.

A

AriesMar27

19 assists in the first half bibby with 7 and 7 points... this is the mighty return of what we all know as, kings basketball.... and if you dont like this.... well..... you are probably a laker fan......

AriesMar27 said:
19 assists in the first half bibby with 7 and 7 points... this is the mighty return of what we all know as, kings basketball.... and if you dont like this.... well..... you are probably a laker fan......
The Blazers are one of the worst teams in the NBA right now. Hard to gadge were we are really at with this game.

That said we should win it hands down, A win is a win and at this point with all our injuries thats all that matters.

Well good half! Second Quarter the Kings realyopend the game up but Portalnd responded with some prety rough fouls from behind (more on this later). Kings responded and held their own and still ned the half up by 8. Love the paly from Tag and from Pedja... Does Pedja just feel safer with real big man out there with him? Looks good so far but with Darius out (straind back and brusied hip) Kenny and Nasty have to keep up the work, espcialy when Tag sits and we are forced to play very, very small.

Now about the blocks/fouls. The blcok/foul on Darius did not look flagrant, but there was contact and should have been called. But what really pisses me off is that before that there were two other fouls/blocks from behind that put Pedja and Mo Down, and in both cases contac was there and no shistle. Those kinds of fouls in the air from behind can get guys hurt... as we saw on the third. Had the reffs called either or both of the first two the Blazers MIGHT have at least been more carefull.

Entity

Hall of Famer
BigWaxer said:
The Blazers are one of the worst teams in the NBA right now. Hard to gadge were we are really at with this game.

That said we should win it hands down, A win is a win and at this point with all our injuries thats all that matters.
Yeah if we were losing and they were the worst team. Where would that leave us. So every win from here out is important for our mindset.

A

AriesMar27

BigWaxer said:

im just trying to be positive.... but it is nice to see them getting assists.....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
6th said:
The block was clean. I am, of course, concerned about Darius. It did not look to me like RA should have gotten a T. He was calling time-out and came out onto the floor. Portland had already scored and it was Kings ball. Because of RA's concern for Darius who was obviously hurt he did not wait and came right out onto the floor. Javie whirled, saw Adelman on the court and quickly whistled a T. That is what was totally stupid.
Grant said Adelman yelled something about Prz not getting called for the foul and that was why he was T'd up...

Javie is one of the better officials in the league right now. Grant and Jerry were talking about how much he's worked on improving his calls, his attitude, etc. and Jerry actually said he might be the BEST official around.

Just saw a sign that said, "OREGON loves the Kings." Wonder if that's Huege's family? It was a very pretty young woman holding it...

A

AriesMar27

how does jp have 5 blocks and 9 rebounds in just the 1st half, with us still up by 8? thats nuts....

Status
Not open for further replies.