Bibby Mic'd Up - Thoughts?

Oh yeah, let's hear all the Bibby haters again.

Isn't him opting out in the summer the best thing that could happen for you anyway? So what's the problem?

Seriously, the guy can't even joke around a bit without a pack of hyenas jumping all over him for his sin of the day. I thought joking around with your teammates was good? Built up this morale and comradeship thang that we so desperately lacked all year? And finally get some flashes of?

Just to be clear, since I'm new in the forum, I was speaking figuratively and didn't mean to call any poster personally a 'hyena', if somebody would take that as an insult. I wouldn't, I like hyenas. But I wouldn't want Bibby to be eaten by them. Or any King.

Yeah, I get it when hes not playing good, well sort of, we got a group of people who are kinda quick to judge around here sometimes, but when he just jokes around or even if he wasnt serious. You know, innocent until proven guilty, I say if he was serious, until he starts braggin about his stats every 3 seconds, I really dont care, big deal. Either way were still gonna get people saying that we need to trade him.

That's right, Mike was by far and away the best King on the floor last night (which doesn't say much by itself but still) and people still find a way to complain about him. For all I care he can take all the technical free throws in the world, if he goes for 34 on 12-20 shooting every night.

Oh, and only because I've just registered doesn't mean I haven't been reading forum for a while and don't know the latest trends here. Suck vs. Don't Suck, Boo vs. Don't Boo, Trade Mike vs. Keep Mike, I've seen it all, only now I can (and I'm going to) talk back :)

Also, Kingsfans.com isn't completely free of the spitwad-acumen ridden posters. ;)

Knowing he's mic'd up, there's no way Bibby says that in any seriousness.
there you go....
Jesus!!

boo the hell hoo....he wanted to take a damn technical free throw....who cares?
If you havent figured out for the 6 years he has been with the Kings that he is joker and screws with anybody on the team, then you need to follow the Kings more often.
...and if you actually look into this matter with great precision trying to discover the missing piece in some puzzle....then you have problems

he agreed to be mic'ed up....meaning whatever he said would be heard by millions of people who would be watching the Kings play the Nuggets.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Oh yeah, let's hear all the Bibby haters again.

Isn't him opting out in the summer the best thing that could happen for you anyway? So what's the problem?

Seriously, the guy can't even joke around a bit without a pack of hyenas jumping all over him for his sin of the day. I thought joking around with your teammates was good? Built up this morale and comradeship thang that we so desperately lacked all year? And finally get some flashes of?

Just to be clear, since I'm new in the forum, I was speaking figuratively and didn't mean to call any poster personally a 'hyena', if somebody would take that as an insult. I wouldn't, I like hyenas. But I wouldn't want Bibby to be eaten by them. Or any King.
Please don't bait the "Bibby haters."

Thank you.

;)

I saw this tonight. I don't think he was joking. He said it in a light-hearted manner, but he seriously did want to get to 10. And it's still no big deal.

My impression is that's just how Bibby acts. He likes the competition, including the personal competition. He likes the feeling of hitting shots and scoring points. He also likes the feeling of winning. It really doesn't matter to the outcome of the game who takes the free throw, and Bibby and Martin both take the technicals for the Kings, so in that case the most important thing was getting his points. That helps keep him motivated and having fun.

I think that type of attitude is part of the reason he hasn't been a great team leader, but we knew that already. That attitude is also why he is clutch and helped the team win in the past. So...

:shrug:

i remember reading a couple years back when he just arived that he was a stats guy. he would always double check the score sheet at half time and after the games to make sure nothing was missed. i doubt it is chemistry issue it is just the way Mike is.