Bibby Is To Blame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked
Peja was 1-3 in 4th quarter. Last basket scored with 9 minutes and change left. Even though he had a good game I am a little dissapointed that peja didn't take more shots in 4th quarter.

BIBBY DID NOT LOSE THE GAME FOR US. When you only lose by 5, unles nobody missed a shot, it was a TEAM. There is no denying that he did not do much to help us tonight. Hoever, the last time I checked, basketball was listed as a TEAM sport. You win as a team and lose as a team. I am excited to see the game Tuesday. I really believe that our TEAM will win it!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Since93 said:
???

I am not necessary saying you are talking about me. But what comment is this??
I am NOT talking about you.

What I am talking about is the people who never seem to post when things go well or when their favorite player does bad but cannot wait to start a thread pointing the finger when one of the other guys do poorly.

It was a TEAM loss, just like they are team wins.

For the record? Bibby may have had a horrible offensive night but he completely and totally shut down the young Luke. Basically, Bibby just made Ridnour play "Who's your daddy"...

Objective criticisms, etc. are one thing but threads that are started solely to point the finger of accusation at one player on the Kings just aren't what this board has ever been about. CRITICISM, good. FINGER POINTING, not good.

natedizzle said:
Where was Peja down the stretch? Did he even score in the 4th quarter?
Pedja only shot the ball 3 times made one and miss 2. Although he made his presence felt on the defensive end. He did a great job guarding Ray Allen. He needs to be more aggressive in the 4th. It seems to me that he let other people take over the 4th quarter instead of demanding the ball himself

Last edited:
bozzwell said:
I am sorry, but I am not going to drop this one on Bibby. In fact, I am really hoping that right now either Brad or Pedja (someone from Ol' Kings) is putting their arm aroun Mike's shoulder and telling him that it will all be good. He's our point guard and a leader and you could find a case where he is to "blame" even if he went 15/16 not 1/16.

Mike will be back... Next game.
i think the whole team was consoling him after his airball 3 point attempt. telling him to keep his head up and such. he'll be alright.

natedizzle said:
Just checked
Peja was 1-3 in 4th quarter. Last basket scored with 9 minutes and change left. Even though he had a good game I am a little dissapointed that peja didn't take more shots in 4th quarter.
This is a blame Bibby thread. Start a blame Peja thread if you are disappointed with a guy who scored 24 point in his fist game back from strained groin and who carried the team for 3 qtrs :)

vj9999 said:
This is a blame Bibby thread. Start a blame Peja thread if you are disappointed with a guy who scored 24 point in his fist game back from strained groin and who carried the team for 3 qtrs :)
Did you read what I said?

I said he had a good game and thought he should have shot MORE!

I couldnt even read through all these posts. ARE YOU KIDDING ME..

Bibby had possibly his worst game of the year, expanding more mabye worst game since he has been here.

I think that above gives us some hope. I am not worried yet and when I am you will all know it. Kings in 6

I cant believe you guys have the nerve to make and participate in a "Blame Bibby" thread. This is the guy who has single handedly won us numerous playoff games with clutch shooting.....and you have the nerve to make threads like this because of one bad game?

BigWaxer said:
I couldnt even read through all these posts. ARE YOU KIDDING ME..

Bibby had possibly his worst game of the year, expanding more mabye worst game since he has been here.

I think that above gives us some hope. I am not worried yet and when I am you will all know it. Kings in 6
You're a pessimist. We lost only one which means - Kings in 5. :)

ESP47 said:
I cant believe you guys have the nerve to make and participate in a "Blame Bibby" thread. This is the guy who has single handedly won us numerous playoff games with clutch shooting.....and you have the nerve to make threads like this because of one bad game?
I agree one bad game possibly his worst. Not a big deal he has plenty of street cred with me.

Coaching mistake - not Bibby's

Hmmm....I was wondering why, when Bibby was obviously having a very off night, BJax and House (both excellent three point shooters and probably better defenders than Bibby) were riding the bench in the fourth quarter. I think this one is Adelman's fault. He just left Bibby out there to keep struggling when we had better options (this night) available.

Pejasdabomb said:
Hmmm....I was wondering why, when Bibby was obviously having a very off night, BJax and House (both excellent three point shooters and probably better defenders than Bibby) were riding the bench in the fourth quarter. I think this one is Adelman's fault. He just left Bibby out there to keep struggling when we had better options (this night) available.
Maybe because we're not going to win this (or any other) series without Bibster? With Bibby J-Will treatment is not an option, becasue Bibby is not just our starting PG - he is the leader.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Did you watch the game? Bobby was having a pretty non-productive night. House didn't do anything in his limited time AND he was much worse at guarding the Sonics. Bibby may not have scored but he bottled the young Ridnour up pretty completely.

Adelman tried the other options and they weren't any more effective. In fact, Bobby was playing one-on-one almost without let-up and that wasn't going to be helpful at all.

It wasn't a coaching mistake.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bryan May of News10 is going to show a taped interview he had with Bibby right after the game. It should be coming on any second.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bibby:

I missed shots. I missed shots....

Darius:

I don't think Bobby and Mike are going to have another night like that. It's just not possible.

Brian:

We just dug ourselves too big a hole to get out of.

Peja:

The first game is learning about each other. We're going to make adjustments. Obviously, they're going to make adjustments too but we have to do better on the defensive end.

Tag also said something, but I couldn't catch it.

Bibby looked shell-shocked.

. . . and, a shooter like Bibby needs to keep shooting. I would not have given the ball to anyone else in that situation. He missed - plain and simple. Most of the time, he makes it! I hope he keeps his chin up and comes back firing!

I really hope he doesn't lose his confidence. He has never striked me as s guy who is unsure of his ability and we know he's not scared to have the ball in his hand during crunch time, but he looked completely despondent out there. I don't think I have ever seen him look so down about having a bad game before.

Don't stress about it Mike...we still believe in you!

ImaKingsFan said:
I know Mike won't make any excuses for himself, but I cannot help but wonder if the ankle is more of a problem than he lets on. He definitely wasn't himself tonight, but if anyone can come back and have an excellent next game its the Bibbitron!! GOOOOOOOOOOO KINGS!!!
Bibby's been in something of a shooting slump for awhile now compared to what we're used to seeing from him. I really believe that the ankle is a problem. But Mike will never say so. He thinks that admitting something like that would give his opponents an advantage and I agree. Mike didn't do all that well in the 2003 playoffs. It wasn't until late in the summer that he admitted his foot had hurt all year (the one he broke that kept him on the bench early in the season).

I'm hoping like heck I'm wrong and it's just a slump he'll pull out of, but that ankle does make me worry. I believe in Mike's heart and desire. He's one of the last people I'd ever doubt about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.