Doryphore of KingsFans.com
If someone doesnt want to be bothered and talk about Doncic, then he shouldnt and to me thats a simple solution to that specific problem.
Imo I dont think any discussion should "go away" or that something should be done for it to go away. As long as there are people interested in talking about Luka, Bagley vs Luka ect it should have its place in here. Only thing a moderator can or should do is see that it doesnt spread into other topics and stop the comments from both sides, not just from the side that moderator disagrees with.
- Your opinion is recognized as valid, but it will not be used to determine our policy. This is not Reddit, or 4chan, or Twitter, or even RealGM, or whatever other corner of the interwebs whose moderation policy is more suited to your temperament. I'm not "Go somewhere else, if you don't like it here!" guy, but I am "If you're going to be here, you need to figure out how to make peace with the fact that this is how we do it here" guy. So, you can have your own opinion about what a mod "can or should" do, but that ain't your call.
- We don't engage in "zero-sum" moderation here: we have no responsibility to ensure that "both sides" receive the same number of public warnings. The harshest penalties are handed out to the harshest posts. But that's not a function of whether or not the mods agree with what you said, it's a function of how you said what you said. A post which criticizes a player isn't going to be censured as harshly as a post which criticizes a poster who criticizes a player; that's not because a moderator agrees or disagrees, it's because (for lack of a better choice of words) "attacking" posters is off-limits, and "attacking" players is not.
1. And imo it still hasnt happened often enough for it to be more than an outlier rather than probable outcome. Someone having a rookie season like Tyreke or even sligthly better season like Luka will regress or stop developing so rarely that its very unlikely and to me that means that its really not an argument.
2. I would say that its a lot harder to predict regression for Luka than Tyreke. Luka doesnt depend on his athletisism and has a great IQ. That means he should be more able to survive aging and injuries for example.
- I would ask again why you keep bringing "IQ" into this, but I'm afraid you might tell me.
- "He should be more able to survive aging and injuries" strikes me as an impossible thing to know about a nineteen year-old.
Making a statement using a statistical outlier as an argument usually doesnt mean anything. It means basically that everything can happen but if we are talking about what is the most probable outcome or if we tried to make an educated guess, outliers doesnt hold much value in that conversation.