Bajaden's Top 30

bajaden

Hall of Famer
OK, after much careless thought, and with total disregard for polls and draft boards, I've decided to list my top 30 players, not in the order that I think they'll be chosen, but in the order I like them. As a result I'll probably have some player higher on the list than most of the mock drafts. Bear in mind, every choice on the board is made as if the Kings are choosing..

1. Luka Doncic: 6'8" SF/SG/Anything. Probably the safest of the top picks. Comes with an anti-bust guarantee.
2. Jaren Jackson: 6'11" PF/C. A player with many talents, that were seldom displayed. Potential to be the best defender out this group.
3. Marvin Bagley: 6'11" PF. A freak athlete with a non stop motor. Will succeed on hustle if nothing more. A jumpshot away from stardom.
4. DeAndre Ayton: 7'1" Center. Great athlete with a build like Hercules. Could be a superstar, or not.
5. Mohamed Bamba: 7'0" Center. Tremendous defensive potential. Possible superstar if he develops an offense.
6. Michael Porter Jr: 6'10.5" SF/PF. If healthy, could be a star in the league.
7. Mikal Bridges: 6'7" SF. Solid to great defender and outstanding 3 pt shooter. 43%.
8. Trae Young: 6'2" PG. Magician with a basketball at times and great shooter. Outstanding court vision and great passer.
9. Wendall Carter: 6'10" PF/C. A very solid player that can play under and away from the basket. Fundamentally sound.
10. Miles Bridges: 6'6.5" SF. Athletic player who can shoot from the outside, and attack the basket off the dribble. Gives effort on defense.
11. Kevin Knox: 6'9" SF. A bit of a mystery man who appears more talented than his results. I think there's more hidden there. He could surprise.
12. Zhaire Smith: 6'4" SG. Terrific athlete with great BBIQ and a solid outside shot. Needs improvement, but potential is off the charts.
13. Mitchell Robinson: 6'11" PF/C. Terrific highschool player who screwed up his college chances, but loaded with potential Terrific shotblocker.
14. Collin Sexton: 6'1.5" PG. Sort of a smaller more selfish version of Fox. Exciting player to watch, but needs to develop his PG skills.
15. Robert Williams: 6'9" PF. Great potential yet unrealized. Williams is a Capela wanabe. Terrific athlete with poor BBIQ at times.
16. Keita Bates-Diop: 6'8.5" SF. I called him Mikal Bridges light earlier in the season. Good defender, and shooter at 38% from the three.
17. Shai Alexander: 6'6" PG/SG. Good athlete and passer. Can possibly defend three positions. Tends to drive into traffic a bit too much.
18. Kevin Huerter: 6'7" SG/SF. Terrific shooter from anywhere on the court. Smart player who can make reads and pass the ball. Good handles!
19. Donte DiVincenzo: 6'4.5" SG/PG. Great athlete with good handles and passing ability. Very good three point shooter with a great motor.
20. Troy Brown: 6'6.75" SF. Brown is a consistent jumpshot away from being a great player. Terrific defender who can handle and pass.
21. Lonnie Walker: 6'4.5" SG. Measured a bit taller than I thought. Very skilled player, who needs to become more aggressive. Hampered by injuries.
22. Melvin Frazier: 6'6" SG/SF. One of the best defenders in college. If he develops a solid offense, you'll have a great player. He impacts the game.
23. Chandler Hutchison: 6'7" SF. Solid all around player who can shoot the three and attack the basket. Only question is can he defend in the NBA?
24. Aaron Holiday: 6'0.75" PG. Undersized by today's standards, but he's a very skilled player who I think can be a solid off the bench PG at worse.
25. Khyri Thomas: 6'3.75" SG. Shot over 40% from the three in all 3 years at Creighton. Very good defender, who I think will surprise people.
26. Josh Okogie: 6'4" SG. Player with a 7 foot wingspan that can defend three positions. Shot 38% from the three both years. Great potential.
27. Brandon McCoy: 7'0" Center. Didn't have a spectacular season, but a very solid one. Averaged 10 boards and was a very good shot blocker.
28. Landry Shamet: 6'4" PG. Solid all around player who averaged 40% from the 3. Good passer, and very good defender. Hard nosed player.
29. Jacob Evans: 6'5.5" SG. Played some SF at Cincy as well. Looked at as a 3 and D player. Averaged 38% from the three.
30. Omari Spellman: 6'9.25" PF/C. I don't think he'll go this high, but for his sake I hope he does. He can shoot, but didn't play well at the combine.

There you have it. There are some others that could easily be interchanged with the players in the bottom ten. I think there's a lot of equal talent from 20 to 40 in this draft, so it's probably a matter of figuring out who is the best fit on your team. I thought Spellman would go back to Villanova, but maybe he got a promise from a team. I think it's more likely he'll go around 38 or 39. Depends on his workouts and interviews. I know some mocks don't have Bates-Diop that high, but I think he's that good. Same with Huerter, who I think may have some star material in him. Tough minded kid with talent.

Last edited: