2022 Everything Free Agency/Trades Thread

At this point it would help but the minutes aren't there to be honest. 9-10 man rotation is probably the most they want to go and honestly it's going to be likely up to how many minutes TD, Holiday, and Murray play. I'd say Murray could get full starters minutes if ready mostly at PF or SF depending on whatever you want to call he and Barnes. The question is also whether Davion takes a hit minutes wise or Monk is playing Donte level minutes in that 24 per game range if Fox, Mitchell, and Monk are too small as a tandem:

PG: Fox (34 mpg)/Mitchell (14 mpg)
SG: Monk (24 mpg)/Mitchell (14 mpg)/TD (10 MPG)
SF: Barnes (34 mpg)/Holiday(14 mpg)
PF: Murray (34 mpg)/Lyles or Metu (14 mpg)
C: Sabonis (34 mpg)/Holmes (14 mpg)

I wouldn't be surprised to see Holiday get most of those SF/PF minutes as the backup either which is historically his role. Gentry needed the length and shooting with TD out so he had to play out of position as a SG. The only way they get starters minutes for Fox, Mitchell, and Monk is by either cutting one of TD or Holiday out of the rotation or playing them at the 3 for the most part. Moving those Holiday minutes over to PF can get TD up to legit minutes and would probably depend on the game as to whether Metu or Lyles even play.
I could quibble with some of the minutes allocations (I’d guess slightly fewer minutes for Murray in place of 3-guard sets with Barnes sliding to PF) but this is a good rundown of how the rotation is pretty much full at the moment. If you’re hoping for an upgrade to “move the needle” (which seems to be the term I keep seeing here and on Twitter), it’s going to have to come from one of the major minute guys improving (Fox) or potentially upgraded via trade (Barnes?).

I could quibble with some of the minutes allocations (I’d guess slightly fewer minutes for Murray in place of 3-guard sets with Barnes sliding to PF) but this is a good rundown of how the rotation is pretty much full at the moment. If you’re hoping for an upgrade to “move the needle” (which seems to be the term I keep seeing here and on Twitter), it’s going to have to come from one of the major minute guys improving (Fox) or potentially upgraded via trade (Barnes?).
I agree completely. The one area I think we can “upgrade” a little is by adding a Martin brother or Bruce Brown (likely wishful thinking) in place of Holiday and tacking on a handful of more minutes for them. Either brother or Brown would improve the second lines defense and they are young enough that they could grow our core once Barnes is gone. I don’t expect any option at this point to grow into a starter in the near future but the quality of depth would be improved for life after Barnes. While Barnes shot has improved over the years, his defense is slowly declining, not a ton to make him a liability or anything but it would be nice to bring in a 3 and D younger piece behind him.

In all likelihood though only 9-10 players will be seeing significant minutes. Fox, Mitchell, Monk, Barnes, Murray, Sabonis, Holmes (7/9). TD, Lyles, Metu, Holiday, or any likely FA addition on a minimum deal will be fighting over scraps for the those remaining 2-3 spots for nightly minutes.

if this is the sort of deal DDV’s agents were chasing, I’m not surprised Monte let them off the QO hook.
It's still a bit baffling to me about this whole DDV situation. Maybe he really didn't want to be here or that his attitude isn't what McNair wants to be around our new kids? I guess time will tell... ?

So I guess Monk is going to be the DDV replacement going forward then? Maybe Coach Brown is confident in drawing all the defense out of everyone?

It's still a bit baffling to me about this whole DDV situation. Maybe he really didn't want to be here or that his attitude isn't what McNair wants to be around our new kids? I guess time will tell... ?

So I guess Monk is going to be the DDV replacement going forward then? Maybe Coach Brown is confident in drawing all the defense out of everyone?
I'm thinking he just had a bad attitude when he finally got here and Monte didn't want that affecting the positive momentum we have going now. I mean he was already complaining about playing time/starting when he got here even though he played around 30 min a game. He was also still recovering from injury to a degree. I'm glad he's gone and happy Monk is in his spot.