2022 Everything Free Agency/Trades Thread

Exactly.

The only real possibly avenue I can see, beyond including LBJ, is a Westbrook and AD swap for KD and Irving,

But why oh why would Brooklyn do that deal?

Westbrook and Irving are both expirings so it would essentially be KD for AD.

Seems to me Brooklyn can get a better return than the fragile AD who has proven he can’t lead a team by himself.

I’d be looking for much younger, future assets. Or just keeping the unhappy KD.

Have you not lived through the last 5 years of losing?
You think they sign Malik Monk to play slow? You give Fox 163 million n tell him to play slow?

Thats cutting your nose off to spite your face..

You have to play to your personnel.. this is the NBA this isnt college where Syracuse plays the zone and recruits guys to play the zone..

The Kings dont need all new parts and a totally overhauled system, they need to maximize what they've got and cycle some bulking and then cutting of the fat.. Thats how it works here..

I'm talking to a guy who wants to maximize the 2nd rd picks and backups but wants to put the big money starters in a position to minimize their competitive advantages... I'm literally putting you on ignore, you've got it all backwards, i dont care to spell out the basics for you or sit around waiting for some i told you so moment, because ur takes lack merit and you dont even care to qualify them you just want to point the finger and sound condescending.

Its SO CRAZY how many teams passed on Anfernee Simons in that draft, given his skill level at the time... what a steal portland got.. good for him..

Lotta people thought he made a bad choice to enter that draft and that he'd have been a surefire lotto pick n possible best guard on the board in the next one..

So we have trades, our BAE and two trade exceptions, one at 4 mil something and another at under 2 mil to improve this team. So unless a trade is made I don’t think Kings are going to be too active in the near future. BAE is the only thing I can see being used anytime soon.

I meant to add that I think a lot of trade talks slow down or stop altogether until KD is moved.

Should probably keep in mind The Warriors and Mike Brown used three guard lineups more than probably anyone else in the league.
A little different with the guards they had. They were all pretty cheap and with Wiggins/Klay being able to swing along with GP2 who is a bit of an anomaly athletically. They didn't have a 6 ft. PG to factor in either.

Damian Jones leaving isn’t too much of a surprising he was feasting on bad teams down the stretch but one year with a player option seems fair. Get the feeling we might regret this if he looks really good in LA but no matter how he does with the Lakers he was probably a bad fit with Sabonis