2022 Everything Free Agency/Trades Thread

Yeah, they signed Monk with almost all of the MLE. They have the BAE left. That's it. I'd be surprised to see them use it at this point. If they do they'll probably wait and see who is left hanging in a few days.
Are you sure? From what i gathered, we had $106M in signed contracts. Then we picked up Lyles option taking it to 108M. Then we gave QOs to Metu and Queta (total ~3M) taking it to $111. We originally had a $14M cap hold for DDV and a $15M cap hold for Lamb ($140). We did extend a QO to DDV dropping that to $126M. If we have renounced Lamb's rights that would drop us to $111 which is $11M under the cap which would be enough to have signed monk to this deal. The MLE at this salary level would only be $6.5M (non-cap MLE). If we haven't done renounced the Lamb rights that would put us at $126M giving us the full MLE ($10M) and then we could use part of the MLE (the 9.5M per year). In that case we have only the BAE to use to sign anyone else, so I hope i have understood this correctly and we only used our supposed cap space for Monk allowinf us to get to the full MLE. PLEASE someone with more CBA understanding correct the misconceptions i may have here.

Are you sure? From what i gathered, we had $106M in signed contracts. Then we picked up Lyles option taking it to 108M. Then we gave QOs to Metu and Queta (total ~3M) taking it to $111. We originally had a $14M cap hold for DDV and a $15M cap hold for Lamb ($140). We did extend a QO to DDV dropping that to $126M. If we have renounced Lamb's rights that would drop us to $111 which is $11M under the cap which would be enough to have signed monk to this deal. The MLE at this salary level would only be $6.5M (non-cap MLE). If we haven't done renounced the Lamb rights that would put us at $126M giving us the full MLE ($10M) and then we could use part of the MLE (the 9.5M per year). In that case we have only the BAE to use to sign anyone else, so I hope i have understood this correctly and we only used our supposed cap space for Monk allowinf us to get to the full MLE. PLEASE someone with more CBA understanding correct the misconceptions i may have here.
I read it on twitter and I think we talked about this before, those numbers are without the hold on the draft pick that represents Keegan Murray. Monte went into this offseason with a plan from day 1 I think. He wasn't moving off of Murray as the pick and I'm sure Monk was the target for more than just this week. This is now Monte's team, full on. No more Vlade hangovers. Good or bad, it falls in his lap now.

I read it on twitter and I think we talked about this before, those numbers are without the hold on the draft pick that represents Keegan Murray. Monte went into this offseason with a plan from day 1 I think. He wasn't moving off of Murray as the pick and I'm sure Monk was the target for more than just this week. This is now Monte's team, full on. No more Vlade hangovers. Good or bad, it falls in his lap now.
Spotrac has a cool little system where you can see and “manage” the kings cap. It shows us, with all cap holds renounced sitting at 116. That includes Keegan Murray’s cap hold right now of a little over 7 mil. They don’t have Monk’s contract on there yet however. But even so, if we truly are sitting at 116 then our MLE is not the 10+ mil variety, it’s the smaller 6.5 mil one being that we’re under the cap. So we either haven’t renounced all cap holds yet, or the kings aren’t quite done yet and there’s more to this. Because we’ll need to have created 9.5 mil in space to sign Monk without the ability of using most of the larger MLE on him. I thought I read that outside of Metu, Lyles and big Q all cap holds were renounced?

Spotrac has a cool little system where you can see and “manage” the kings cap. It shows us, with all cap holds renounced sitting at 116. That includes Keegan Murray’s cap hold right now of a little over 7 mil. They don’t have Monk’s contract on there yet however. But even so, if we truly are sitting at 116 then our MLE is not the 10+ mil variety, it’s the smaller 6.5 mil one being that we’re under the cap. So we either haven’t renounced all cap holds yet, or the kings aren’t quite done yet and there’s more to this. Because we’ll need to have created 9.5 mil in space to sign Monk without the ability of using most of the larger MLE on him. I thought I read that outside of Metu, Lyles and big Q all cap holds were renounced?
Yeah, I never heard about them renouncing anyone.

So we have the spare change left over from the MLE we used to get Monk for a minimum, the BAE, and interestingly enough I just read that the Kings have not renounced the bird rights to DDV, so there’s a very real possibility he comes back if he finds a cold market.
If he does it better be on a short term deal. Too many teams are sitting out there with their MLE intact though. It would honestly make more sense for him to find any team with a guaranteed role so he can rehab his stock like Monk did. I looked it up and the only team I saw that might have interest is Toronto. Looking at their depth chart, they could actually use him. He'd probably be their 3rd G.

So we have the spare change left over from the MLE we used to get Monk for a minimum, the BAE, and interestingly enough I just read that the Kings have not renounced the bird rights to DDV, so there’s a very real possibility he comes back if he finds a cold market.
I hope we get a 1+1 deal with DDV with a PO. It would be a good deal for both sides.

We give him a "prove it year" and he gets an opportunity to compete for the starting job. If he does good, we can resign him to a big contract, or he can opt out and test FA next season.

i like the Monk signing and my expectations were low considering we had limited cash or assets. We are going to need Fox and Sabonis to do their thing, Murray to pan out and some internal growth from Davion and TD to have a decent season. That is a lot to ask but possible. Give me a play in spot and something to build on for the following year.

I hope we get a 1+1 deal with DDV with a PO. It would be a good deal for both sides.

We give him a "prove it year" and he gets an opportunity to compete for the starting job. If he does good, we can resign him to a big contract, or he can opt out and test FA next season.
Agreed, his best chance at getting enough run to truly show case himself is with us. So if Brown and Monte can talk him into it despite his dislike of his usage from last year, it would probably be his best bet rather than be third on a depth chart somewhere else.