2021 NBA Draft Superthread

Who do you think the Kings end up drafting in tonight?

• Wagner

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • Sengun

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Moody

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Johnson

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Kuminga

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • They’ll end up trading the pick.

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Other

Votes: 5 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nobody ever referred to Nate Robinson as a defender He was a dunk contest novelty from day one who played himself into a pretty decent career despite his size but the comparison is laughable.
Nate got some blocks and was outsized in the NBA vs. college play on defense. That was sort of my point. I am not sure that at 6'2" Mitchel's defense will translate in the NBA.. hope I am wrong.

Well. considering that the board was ecstatic when we picked Cauley-Stein and McLemore, I'll take the general wailing of "too small" and "too many guards" as a good sign!
What’s hilarious are many of these same fans complaining about the this team’s porous defense are the one’s complaining that they just drafted the best on-ball defender in the draft. Go figure.

IDK whether Mitchell was drafted as part of another deal that has yet to materialize, but assuming not -- I have no problem drafting a player that might well help address a major weakness.

I also don’t know that Mitchell was BPA, but several of the analysts had him in their top 5. So if that’s the case and Monte McNair took BPA on his board — I can’t fault it at all.

That’s what a good GM should do. Take BPA and figure everything out later.

Last edited:

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Dude, the conversation was based on physical representation, what else can you point to? Oh, certainly not the age old arguments right haha? Its seems ticky tack but if Chris Paul isn't guarding 3's, yeah.

And the point is it's the moves that don't make much sense (this does make some mind you if they didn't see this pick as anything more than a backup) that end up hurting you 3 years on. Papa G. WCS. And so on.
I think the worst defensive team in the draft picking one of the best individual defenders does make sense. I also think wingspan is overrated as a draft criteria, as I've already harped on about for months. Ever since switching has become the defensive standard the word wingspan has replaced upside as the end-all-be-all of prospect ranking and I hate it. I absolutely hate it. But I'm but a pebble in a vast vast ocean so I was trying to make a joke out of it.

Last edited:
What’s hilarious are many of these same fans complaining about the this team’s porous defense are the one’s complaining that they just draft the best on-ball defender in the draft. Go figure.

IDK whether Mitchell was drafted as part of another deal that has yet to materialize, but assuming not -- I have no problem drafting a player that might well help address a major weakness.

I also don’t know that Mitchell was BPA, but several of the analysts had him in their top 5. So if that’s the case and Monte McNair took BPA on his board — I can’t fault it at all.

but our 2 best players could play pg and we currently have 4-5 guards already if u count TD and not counting ramsey/guy/jj. theres picking who u think is BPA and theres Khan choosing a team full of point guards

You guys really need to grow up. That term is insufferably dumb. Grade school name mocking crap. I have no clue who came up with the term, but they are a simpleton and sheep are apparently gonna sheep together.
would ****ing stupid be better?

I would say I’m done with the Kings but we are Sacramento and we can’t even keep an MLS bid so what else can you watch. Can’t be a worse sports town in the US

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is this going to be yet another draft where the Kings make zero moves, stay exactly in their slot and draft a mediocre to poor player who just helps keep them on this same pathetic treadmill?

Sure seems like it so far.

There were so many options where I would have been okay with this front office's moves, but standing pat at #9 and drafting a backup PG is apparently the one to push my buttons.

It is exhausting to try and root for this team to even be average for one year after 15 years of being terrible.

The angst some of you have that Davion Mitchell won’t be very good or his size is going to be an issue is going to go away once you get the chance to watch him. Now the angst you have because we 13 guards on the roster, is legit. Trades are coming……..like there has to be trades.
agreed

Is this going to be yet another draft where the Kings make zero moves, stay exactly in their slot and draft a mediocre to poor player who just helps keep them on this same pathetic treadmill?

Sure seems like it so far.

There were so many options where I would have been okay with this front office's moves, but standing pat at #9 and drafting a backup PG is apparently the one to push my buttons.

It is exhausting to try and root for this team to even be average for one year after 15 years of being terrible.
I think you'll be surprised, in a good way. Love Davion

I think the worst team in the draft picking one of the best individual defenders does make sense. I also think wingspan is overrated as a draft criteria, as I've already harped on about for months. Ever since switching has become the defensive standard the word wingspan has replaced upside as the end-all-be-all of prospect ranking and I hate it. I absolutely hate it. But I'm but a pebble in a vast vast ocean so I was trying to make a joke out of it.
It does make sense in some ways in a vacuum, but in terms of position it doesn't unless they see him as a spot backup PG. Or at least have considered that as a possibility and the value impacts that go along with it. Which they might have, who knows. I hope not but who gets the short end between he, Fox, and Haliburton? Maybe against all odds it works but it still doesn't make it anything other than against those odds.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
What’s hilarious are many of these same fans complaining about the this team’s porous defense are the one’s complaining that they just draft the best on-ball defender in the draft. Go figure.

As long as they trade Fox I guess.