2021 NBA Draft Superthread

Who do you think the Kings end up drafting in tonight?

• Wagner

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • Sengun

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Moody

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Johnson

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Kuminga

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • They’ll end up trading the pick.

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Other

Votes: 5 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It’s nearly draft day and the old lottery thread was at like 25 pages and is a month old. The Kings currently are at 9 overall but there appears to be a 75% probability of them being up to some shenanigans come draft time.

other intriguing storylines include “How far will Kuminga fall?” and Whatever the hell the Warriors are doing.

(I’ll try to keep this post updated with the actual picks when the draft starts)

1. Pistons - Cade Cunningham, W/G
2. Rockets - Jalen Green, G
3. Cavs- Evan Mobley, C
4. Raptors - Scottie Barnes F/W
5. Magic - Jalen Suggs, G
6. Thunder - Josh Giddey W
7. Warriors - Jonathan Kuminga F/W

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
draft night ought to be one of the more exciting times for the Kings due to the constant rumors surrounding about Kings either trading the pick or adding an additional pick depending if they like their return for Buddy and/or Bagley. I think either Moody or Sengun will be the pick. I didn't mention Wagner because the Kings worked out over 10 prospects in their range and didn't see Franz once mentioned as one of them

Out of the players mentioned:

order who I'd like to see picked: Kuminga, Moody, Wagner, Johnson, Sengun
order of who I think they'll pick: Moody, Wagner, Johnson, Sengun, Kuminga.

draft night ought to be one of the more exciting times for the Kings due to the constant rumors surrounding about Kings either trading the pick or adding an additional pick depending if they like their return for Buddy and/or Bagley. I think either Moody or Sengun will be the pick. I didn't mention Wagner because the Kings worked out over 10 prospects in their range and didn't see Franz once mentioned as one of them
Wagner was reportedly working out with Barnes.

I was really hoping something would have been done today. Whether it be trade the 9, trade for later picks or trading buddy/bagley. Just to have some sort of idea what will happen tomorrow knowing what we need or have. Oh well. Here’s to a wild ride tomorrow that works out in favor of the kings. And hopefully my dvr doesn’t let me down.

I’m guessing the following players are gone for sure before we pick: Cunningham, Mobley, Suggs, Green, Barnes, Bouknight....

I think we pick among Kuminga, Wagner, Sengun, Moody and Giddey depending on who Golden State and Orlando take.

I’m guessing the following players are gone for sure before we pick: Cunningham, Mobley, Suggs, Green, Barnes, Bouknight....

I think we pick among Kuminga, Wagner, Sengun, Moody and Giddey depending on who Golden State and Orlando take.
Who the Kings pick at 9 will be heavily dependent on if they trade Hield or Bagley for additional picks and other players. Like the idea of Harrell - more excited about the idea of the Kings getting him than the 9 pick alone - offensive rebound magnet. Can look to re-sign Holmes.

Those F'n Warriors better keep their hands off the wings, haha.

if that is the order, hopefully they take sengun, giddey, or even davion mitchell so monte gets to pick who he thinks is the best wing out of moody, kuminga or wagner

If that is who is available, Kuminga. Upside.
Absolutely do not want at 9: Moody.

Kuminga, Sengun, Johnson, Wagner at 9.

Moody at 22.

This about sums me up, although I'm not as down on Moody as you are. I would also put Johnson ahead of Sengun.

My wishlist:

1. Kuminga
2. Johnson (Jalen)
3a. Sengun
3b. Wagner
I think Moody will be a ten year pro, so it’s not that I think he’ll be a bust. It’s that I just think using a top ten pick on him is just too high.

For the record, my preferences for tonights draft are:
(assuming Cunningham, Mobley, Suggs, Green, Barnes are off the board)
1. Jalen Johnson
2. Moses Moody
3. Franz Wagner

I'd be disappointed if we end up with Bouknight, Sengun, K Johnson, Mitchell and flat out scared if we drafted Kuminga.

I don't think I'm as high on this draft as some others.

I was really hoping something would have been done today. Whether it be trade the 9, trade for later picks or trading buddy/bagley. Just to have some sort of idea what will happen tomorrow knowing what we need or have. Oh well. Here’s to a wild ride tomorrow that works out in favor of the kings. And hopefully my dvr doesn’t let me down.
If they agreed to the lakers deal it's contingent on Harrell opting in or taking kcp instead. It won't be announced till after Harrells option date.

This about sums me up, although I'm not as down on Moody as you are. I would also put Johnson ahead of Sengun.

My wishlist:

1. Kuminga
2. Johnson (Jalen)
3a. Sengun
3b. Wagner
i hear Johnson is dropping. Both oConner and Ford have Wagner and Kuminga in 7/8 with us taking Sengun. I have heard that elsewhere also.