2021 NBA Draft Superthread

Who do you think the Kings end up drafting in tonight?

• Wagner

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • Sengun

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Moody

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Johnson

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Kuminga

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • They’ll end up trading the pick.

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Other

Votes: 5 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I don't know what to make of our pick but its on brand. We have to make trades obviously. But Monte likes defense and we got one of the best defenders in the draft at a spot that no matter how everyone is googly over everyone on draft night is not guaranteed to be fantastic.

Just looking forward to hearing what trades ultimately go down.

McNair deserves some leeway since he doesn't have Vlade's record, but man does he have some work to do. If you clear out Buddy and Wright... ok I understand it. Then you can find 25-30 for Mitchell off the bench next to Fox and Hali.

Reserving judgement, but damn you had the perfect 3 sitting right there that complimented your franchise cornerstones perfectly. Beyond frustrating we just can't do the easy thing and have to make things difficult

It's so strange. The goal of this ball game is to win. If we drafted a future NBA all-defense nominee, we figure out later how he works (if he does) with your other guards or they'll now be disposable.

Don't repeat not drafting a PG because you already have one.
Oh wait I traded 3 2nd rounders for 2 defensive guards just 4 months ago. Apparently I ****ed up those trades so try again.

It’s like a Vlade with centers redo.

but our 2 best players could play pg and we currently have 4-5 guards already if u count TD and not counting ramsey/guy/jj. theres picking who u think is BPA and theres Khan choosing a team full of point guards
I understand the concern. I do.

I still believe you take the BPA and let it play out. Move on from whomever you need to or whomever doesn’t make the cut.

However, something to consider in this case is that Fox, Hali and Mitchell aren’t redundant players with redundant skill sets. Each has a #1 skill that the other doesn’t have.

IDK where Davis and Wright fit in, but maybe they don’t? Davis is a FA. But Wright can still be part of a 4 guard rotation that sometimes plays the 3.

Are we really worried about any other guards on the roster? Buddy seems as good as gone.

I don't know what to make of our pick but its on brand. We have to make trades obviously. But Monte likes defense and we got one of the best defenders in the draft at a spot that no matter how everyone is googly over everyone on draft night is not guaranteed to be fantastic.

Just looking forward to hearing what trades ultimately go down.
Tinker McNair ‘bout to live up to the nickname I bestowed upon him.

The Kings still have a huge hole on the wing but that still has nothing to do with these 3. 3 lottery picks at the 1 or combo G is depthing. I'll say this, I hope Walton does give these 3 a chance to play together because for them to live up to their potential they have to. Otherwise someone is a 24 mpg player. Obviously that won't be Fox.
No the 40 min man looks like Metu who will spend 4th quarters looking longingly at the bench and offering to pay for a second center out of his travel stipend.

Oh wait I traded 3 2nd rounders for 2 defensive guards just 4 months ago. Apparently I ****ed up those trades so try again.

It’s like a Vlade with centers redo.
I forgot why I blocked you. Such negativity I hope you have a healthier happier life in real life.

Look, I'm as suprised as you are with the draft. But it's no help to just focus on how bad it is. Since none of us know the inner working, isn't it easier to just assume better until being proven wrong or is it no longer available for Kings fans?

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member

I still believe you take the BPA and let it play out. Move on from whomever you need to or whomever doesn’t make the cut.

However, something to consider in this case is that Fox, Hali and Mitchell aren’t redundant players with redundant skill sets. Each has a #1 skill that the other doesn’t have.

IDK where Davis and Wright fit in, but maybe they don’t? Davis is a FA. But Wright can still be part of a 4 guard rotation that sometimes plays the 3.

Are we really worried about any other guards on the roster? Buddy seems as good as gone.
I guess if you like Mitchell and saw him as BPA this is easier to rationalize. I didn't have him top 20 in this draft so the terrible positional fit just makes me more disappointed in the pick. He had one fluke year of outside shooting but his FT% is a bigger hint that he'll be a poor shooter in the NBA.

I think his ceiling is a smaller Marcus Smart and I don't know how valuable that player is.

if you have wings yes because as you see from some smarter teams who have actually made the play-offs you can’t get enough good wings and teams don’t trade them.

that isn’t true with 6’4” wings. If we are trading Fox for Simmons it might make sense as Simmons can guard the wing but you better keep Buddy because your team will need shooting