What’s your Mock?

Davion Mitchell would complete the guard rotation and erase having to stagger Fox and Hali. Im still looking at the wings abd bigs so im not too sold on that, but I like the player.
Out of the non fit G's available he's the one that seems to fit the best since he's a PG, but it would solidify one of those 3 as a full time backup. So, now you're staggering all 3. If Mitchell is the next Chris Paul or even half that then you are eventually going to lose one of Haliburton or Mitchell the same way the Thunder lost Harden.

Out of the non fit G's available he's the one that seems to fit the best since he's a PG, but it would solidify one of those 3 as a full time backup. So, now you're staggering all 3. If Mitchell is the next Chris Paul or even half that then you are eventually going to lose one of Haliburton or Mitchell the same way the Thunder lost Harden.
Yep or like Philly lost Noel. You generally take BPA but completely ignoring fit is just as dumb as focusing too much on it.

If Wright or Richardson cant we wasted a number of second round picks.
Well the Harden situation was just a total flub by Presti (otherwise known as God of GM's). They could have afforded all 3 if he just used the Amnesty on Perkins.... which he didn't for some reason. Now, to be fair to him, I don't think many predicted Harden ascending to a top 40 player ever, but still. That was an easy situation to handle.

Well the Harden situation was just a total flub by Presti (otherwise known as God of GM's). They could have afforded all 3 if he just used the Amnesty on Perkins.... which he didn't for some reason. Now, to be fair to him, I don't think many predicted Harden ascending to a top 40 player ever, but still. That was an easy situation to handle.
I agree. And even if I like Presti (he did some magic in the past) I still wonder that he is named the God of GMs - he did some fantastic work in the past years but I think he can be named ‘God’ when he build a team which actually wins a chip (having 100 picks does not make you a champ).

Yep or like Philly lost Noel. You generally take BPA but completely ignoring fit is just as dumb as focusing too much on it.
I absolutely agree. Especially if you are in the situation where you want to improve your team to get into the playoffs/improve your current team you cannot just go for BPA.

I think of the guys we think are going to be available, I'm going with Moody and then Johnson is he's not available.

If neither are available then I'm going to be wishing the Kings would have just traded the pick.
I think the top 6 are pretty set. Would be a major surprise if one of them fell. The only other plays I think that are worth the Kings time are Johnson, Bouknight, and Moody. I did have Sengy in there but I’ve kind of soured on him. As long as we wind up with one of those 3 I’m happy.

I think the top 6 are pretty set. Would be a major surprise if one of them fell. The only other plays I think that are worth the Kings time are Johnson, Bouknight, and Moody. I did have Sengy in there but I’ve kind of soured on him. As long as we wind up with one of those 3 I’m happy.
I’m pretty close to where you’ve come out. Except that Wagner has grown on me (if his 3 pt shooting projects). I think he helps with defense, half court offense and BBIQ. Wagner, Tyrese and Fox looks like a very complimentary 1, 2 & 3.

True. But then you are assuming someone is willing to take the perma bench role. Harden, Westbrook, and Durant could obviously been in any combo since they all are full sized at different positions. Mitchell, Haliburton, and Fox aren't. Haliburton is a little light for a SG, Fox is big for a PG, maybe OK for a SG at times, and while Mitchell can guard up depending on match ups for a short stretch, this isn't nearly the same complimentary unit in terms of versatility.

Last edited:
Davion Mitchell would complete the guard rotation and erase having to stagger Fox and Hali. Im still looking at the wings abd bigs so im not too sold on that, but I like the player.
I think he's one of the riskier picks due to all the red flags he has when it comes to shooting. In 3 years in college he shot 68%, 66% and 64% from the free throw line. That doesn't bode well for his shot in the NBA.

I think he's one of the riskier picks due to all the red flags he has when it comes to shooting. In 3 years in college he shot 68%, 66% and 64% from the free throw line. That doesn't bode well for his shot in the NBA.
Yeah, that's a concern but he's good at getting to the rim and is an elite on ball defender. I think if he doesn't get his shot down he'll still be a highly valued player if not a full time starter on the right team. If the Kings still had DMC as the cornerstone I would be all over them drafting Mitchell.

Yeah, that's a concern but he's good at getting to the rim and is an elite on ball defender. I think if he doesn't get his shot down he'll still be a highly valued player if not a full time starter on the right team. If the Kings still had DMC as the cornerstone I would be all over them drafting Mitchell.
If he was a better passer I'd consider it but I'm not quite sure if I see anything more than a poor man's Smart of Beverly once he gets to the next level. If his 3 point shot translates, I'll change my mind on that but I think the odds are low or at least low of it happening in the next 5 years.

Kind of surprised to see Jason Jones mock draft having the Kings take Bouknight with the 9th. He recons you can’t pass on him there.
He must be mates with kb02.
And the fans would all be wondering about midway through the year how badly Monte could have F'd up a draft after the genius of lucking into Haliburton when the 3 sticks rush into battle against real teams. Bouknight could be awesome but one of Haliburton or he are getting the Bagley treatment of only being looked at for what they can't do because they will be in a bad position to perform.

And the fans would all be wondering about midway through the year how badly Monte could have F'd up a draft after the genius of lucking into Haliburton when the 3 sticks rush into battle against real teams. Bouknight could be awesome but one of Haliburton or he are getting the Bagley treatment of only being looked at for what they can't do because they will be in a bad position to perform.
Yeah, not to take anything away from Bouknight, I just thought it interesting that a 16 year Sac Bee sports writer now with the Athlètic would take this perspective when so many wings and bigs were still on board.

Yeah, not to take anything away from Bouknight, I just thought it interesting that a 16 year Sac Bee sports writer now with the Athlètic would take this perspective when so many wings and bigs were still on board.
And I really don't know what people are looking at when they somehow see Bouknight and think there is anything there that says he has more upside than a Jalen Johnson. He's more proven as a scorer but upside? C'mon, Jalen Johnson could be a Paul George or Aaron Gordon type depending on how his jumper develops which is a huge swing and a gamble but if Monte is looking for talent above all and he can choose between Johnson and anyone I don't get where he'd be coming from at all. I'm not saying he should necessarily go upside alone (I'm on the Moody bandwagon right now) but if this decision were made based on talent, what the heck would he be looking at here?

dude12

Hall of Famer
2 things
Jason Jones usually just copies what Sean Cunningham or others post on breaking Kings news but when he’s posts his own Mock or opinions, he’s not very good

I’m fairly certain we don’t take Bouknight. Going to be Moody, Wagner or Jalen Johnson or a trade down to get additional the additional picks……possible OKC.