2021 Free Agency Mega Thread

Do the Kings make a surprise Free Agency splash?

• Total voters
  • If Richaun Holmes can’t find a payday from Toronto — a likely outcome if the Raptors take Dragic in a sign-and-trade — he may end up squeezed in this market. That could see him returning to Sacramento on an “Early Bird” deal for $11 million; such a deal could end up being a two-year deal with a player option that would let him test the market again next year.
Per Hollinger at athletic this morning

Is that one of those "wink-wink" two year deals?

• If Richaun Holmes can’t find a payday from Toronto — a likely outcome if the Raptors take Dragic in a sign-and-trade — he may end up squeezed in this market. That could see him returning to Sacramento on an “Early Bird” deal for $11 million; such a deal could end up being a two-year deal with a player option that would let him test the market again next year.
Per Hollinger at athletic this morning

Is that one of those "wink-wink" two year deals?
I'd be fine with a 1+1 deal and does make a ton of sense from Holmes side too. Gets another year to show he's a stud and unlocks full-bird rights with the Kings for a bigger extension while still having the option of hitting UFA in his prime.

the Hornets are actually going to have all the Ball brothers on their roster
I know it's kind of a meme, but I actually do think Lonzo and Melo would work incredibly well together in the back-court. Lonzo defends the best guard and with his new shot, there really isn't spacing concerns either. That's a TON of playmaking/rebounding from your guard slots.

I also really don't understand why the Pelicans are so against just keeping Lonzo as apart of their core. Lonzo-Ingram-Zion is really really good. Just figure out the other 2 slots.

Not sure why if there is no market for Holmes (and interesting that now the early bird is 11 million, after all the Kings can't pay more than xxxx) we have to do "sweetheart deals". Seems like a 3 year deal at the full EB is a good bet for all involved.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Fox Mitchell
Hali Davis
Barnes MLE
Tobias Metu
Holmes Queta

that would probably be the most complete team we have had in the last 15+ years. Not saying much but still
holmes better be getting 16 reb a night with that lineup.

if i had to guess maybe we send bagley as well to match contracts? maybe we get a pick out of the deal