2021 Free Agency Mega Thread

Do the Kings make a surprise Free Agency splash?

• Total voters
How do we know it was botched?
The initial deal had a deadline.
The deadline (which required exemptions) passed.
Exemptions expired.
Original deal is off (botched).
The deal had restrictions of being made today before the end of the fiscal year.

*See your post from earlier today about the deadline Tetsujin. Post 233 thread about the trade.

Last edited:
The original deal as agreed to CANNOT be completed as previously agreed because the deadline passed.

Teams can still "try" to make it work through different means, but imho it was botched.

The trade did not happen and Wright has not been traded.

I’m assuming the trade as proposed isn’t going to be the final trade. If so, it would have been done. Someone is trying to get more, hopefully the kings but possibly Boston, out of expanding the trade. Boston probably knew it could still get the trade done as is under Kemba’s TPE, so there’s no rush on their part.

Delon played so well for us down the stretch. And was super solid for Detroit. I like to pretend he has more value to someone…

… then I realize he’s been traded successfully for Cory Joseph and unsuccessfully for Tristan Thompson in the last few months and I kind of snap back to reality.
Trust me on this one....not these stupid NBA GMs. Bagley over Doncic? C'mon man. I'm your guy.

Once Buddy is traded, you play Wright over TD and he's also insurance if one of our guards gets hurt.

He's going to be tradable all year and if a team is looking for an expiring then he's just as much of an expiring as TT. Plus we won't have to deal with Boston fans laughing at us for taking on this turd. They should be paying us to take him, not the other way around.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Botched is an interesting choice of words if the trade is being re-worked. Also no matter what happens we have a player under contract for slightly less than the MLE. And the primary deal is Boston/ATL so let's not get too twisted about who may or may not be holding up the deal.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Trust me on this one....not these stupid NBA GMs. Bagley over Doncic? C'mon man. I'm your guy.

Once Buddy is traded, you play Wright over TD and he's also insurance if one of our guards gets hurt.

He's going to be tradable all year and if a team is looking for an expiring thhe's just as much of an expiring as TT. Plus we won't have to deal with Boston fans laughing at us for taking on this turd. They should be paying us to take him, not the other way around.
Boston fans also insisted Danny Ainge was a genius for years for, I dunno, almost trading for AD so maybe we should stop caring what Massholes think?

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I think this could be a blessing in disguise. I would like to extract more out of this deal, when would we be able to come to terms with Holmes, if we are keeping him. I really only want one of them here next year if we're being honest.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Also it's August first and I have pencilled in our future front court being Chimezie Metu based on 30 minutes of Olympic basketball and a guy who I have to google Kings 2nd round draft pick every time I want to talk about.

Sweet, if holmes signs early, we have a few days to back out lol
TBH, if we re-sign Holmes early, I think we should hold on to Wright and use him in a potential trade with Buddy. Seeing that we can't trade TT right after we trade for him, Wright's contract and him being a solid back up point guard could really come in handy in a trade.

Buddy and Wright for Tobias Harris would work out for everyone. Philly needs shooting, a point guard that can shoot and to unload a massive contract and the Kings need to clear the back court and another SF/PF.

Also it's August first and I have pencilled in our future front court being Chimezie Metu based on 30 minutes of Olympic basketball and a guy who I have to google Kings 2nd round draft pick every time I want to talk about.
I havent watched any of the Olympics games yet but can I assume both Chimezie and Neemias have looked good?
I’m pretty optimistic about both of them as Kings.

I havent watched any of the Olympics games yet but can I assume both Chimezie and Neemias have looked good?
I’m pretty optimistic about both of them as Kings.
neemias is portuguese player, his NT have difficulties to qualify for eurobasket (24 teams), and olympic tournament hosts 12 teams altogether, worldwide...