[2018] Gone but not forgotten

Hardy Fox, the co-founder and chief composer of The Residents has died after battling brain cancer.

hardyfox.jpg

I don't expect too many of you to be familiar with the band he co-founded, but The Residents are my favorite band. They were an avant-garde group who cultivated a sound that stands out even in the world of experimental music. In my opinion their music is as good as any famous band one can think of. Even if you haven't heard of them, you have probably heard their influence from artists such as Devo and Primus. Creating such a vast amount of music as original and great as he and his band did is a tremendous accomplishment and contribution to the world. I talk about music with lots of people and I try to spread the gospel that is the Residents discography to as many people as I can. Here is a little bit of their great music.

Thank you Hardy Fox, and rest in peace.

Hardy Fox, the co-founder and chief composer of The Residents has died after battling brain cancer.

View attachment 8410

I don't expect too many of you to be familiar with the band he co-founded, but The Residents are my favorite band. They were an avant-garde group who cultivated a sound that stands out even in the world of experimental music. In my opinion their music is as good as any famous band one can think of. Even if you haven't heard of them, you have probably heard their influence from artists such as Devo and Primus. Creating such a vast amount of music as original and great as he and his band did is a tremendous accomplishment and contribution to the world. I talk about music with lots of people and I try to spread the gospel that is the Residents discography to as many people as I can. Here is a little bit of their great music.

Thank you Hardy Fox, and rest in peace.
Thanks for posting. Since there were never any photos, I always wondered who the guys were inside those costumes.