[2018] Gone but not forgotten

This one hurts. Scary how quickly he deteriorated . I’m so glad Eddie D put that weekend getaway together so he could have one last trip with his old teammates, coaches, ownership etc

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
RIP Anthony Bourdain

0AMZgedO_400x400.jpg

Anthony Bourdain took his own life today. He lived an amazing life. His tattoos tell the story of the amazing places he's been, and the amazing experiences he had. He used food to teach viewers about cultures most viewers will never have a chance to see. He was real and an open book. It's admirable that he managed to shine so much despite having been a tortured soul at various points in his life.

Don't be afraid to talk about mental illness. Don't be afraid to get help.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Wow, I woke up this morning to find out that Bourdain had past and I guessed that all the bad eating habits and alcohol had finally caught up with him but to find out that he took his own life? Incredible. Goes to show you that money, fame and traveling the world can take a toll on a person too.

RIP...loved watching his shows. I learned a lot about the beautiful places on Earth to discover in part of viewing his shows over the decade.

RIP Anthony Bourdain

View attachment 7648

Anthony Bourdain took his own life today. He lived an amazing life. His tattoos tell the story of the amazing places he's been, and the amazing experiences he had. He used food to teach viewers about cultures most viewers will never have a chance to see. He was real and an open book. It's admirable that he managed to shine so much despite having been a tortured soul at various points in his life.

Don't be afraid to talk about mental illness. Don't be afraid to get help.
How sad. :(

This one stings. A lot. Anthony Bourdain's writing and his television work are what inspired my wife and I to live a life of travel, and to take chances rather than just "taking the tour." We're off to the UK for a few weeks in July/August and we were just talking about Bourdain's approach to England/Ireland/Scotland a few days ago.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I saw Dolores O'Riordan trending, and nearly had a @VF21 "Harry Morgan" moment; now I'm just wondering why it took seven months to release the coroner's report?