Summer League Kings Vs. Bobcats Gameday Thread

Not sure any of this means TRob is a SF. Think it's more likely he's just a better ballhandler than Jimmer, and by default the best ball handler on the floor.

the way things are looking at the moment. I would have gladly gave JT another 2 mil a year. JT will start at PF all year. Jimmer will NEVER be able to be a pg in the NBA. Jimmer is Adam Morrison part II. Whiteside looks like the rookie.
I think I may jump on the trade Jimmer bandwagon. Only because I feel bad for the guy, he is being misused SO BAD. I think we misused Reke last year too, but he is such a unique talent he could handle it. Poor Jimmer on the other hand....

Entity

Hall of Famer
I think I may jump on the trade Jimmer bandwagon. Only because I feel bad for the guy, he is being misused SO BAD. I think we misused Reke last year too, but he is such a unique talent he could handle it. Poor Jimmer on the other hand....
Misused. How else would you use him? He can't guard pg's he damn sure can't guard SG's He can't dribble. He can't handle pressure. He can hit 2 out of 10 3pt from 40 feet if the defender is 10 feet away. we misused Jimmer???? No we misjudged Jimmer. The word is useless.

L

LWP777

Even though i don't put a whole lot of meaning into a summer league game, I will admit that Jimmer looks awful and it's pretty obvious he's not a PG. I think his NBA career will consist of coming off the bench and playing 10-15 minutes a game hoping to hit a few jumpers.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I hear that alot about not putting stock in summer league. BUT Cousins, Tyreke, JT, Kevin Martin all looked great in summer league. All those players have been starters on the kings. Jimmer really really only has one talent spot shooting and it is not even average for an NBA player who is supposed to be a good shooter.

Let's also remember that this lineup on the floor could very easily be the starting 5 for the Cats in the regular season
I think this statement deserves a repeat.

However, I'm about to stick a fork in Hassan. He just seems to have a low BBIQ. He looks lost......still. Jimmer does not look good either.

On the other hand, I'm tired of the announcers saying nothing remotely positive about Robinson and going gaga over the the Cats and their new coach. Really?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
This Kerr schtick of "it's not fair" going to this bad team is old. Jimmer is playing in this summer league game, not in the NBA. So it "unfair" for him to play in the summer league?

You gotta try to trade Jimmer before his value falls even further. I'd even feel lucky if we managed to get a prospect SF for him. He... will just never pan out.

And Whiteside? I've been saying it since he got drafted... the kid has no brains whatsoever. That "ADHD" stuff is nonsense in his case. Not only does he lack BBIQ, he lacks any form of IQ. I'd rather see a different prospect get his roster spot. Whiteside will never progress as a player.

Misused. How else would you use him? He can't guard pg's he damn sure can't guard SG's He can't dribble. He can't handle pressure. He can hit 2 out of 10 3pt from 40 feet if the defender is 10 feet away. we misused Jimmer???? No we misjudged Jimmer. The word is useless.
Yes, misused. We drafted him with Tyreke as our point guard when we had a lack of shooting to stretch the floor. Instead of using him as a shooter, which it appeared we drafted him for, we are trying to turn him into a point guard. He can't even advance the ball up the court with confidence but he is somehow suppose to create for others. He should be a kick out man, taking shots when the defense collapses on Cousins or Tyreke. He should not be playing point guard. He should not be relied on for defense. He should not be on a team that can't play help defense to cover when his man gets by.

On the other hand, I'm tired of the announcers saying nothing remotely positive about Robinson and going gaga over the the Cats and their new coach. Really?
I think it's more based on the reputation of this franchise than TRob himself. Kerr is basically saying we don't use talent correctly, don't have a good coach and alltogether going to Sac is a terrible situation for a youngster. Hope the Maloofs are listening to this, although I doubt they'd care.

But just going on tonight and what we've seen, we drafted TRob to be a rebounding machine upfront next to Cuz and to pair well with him, yet he's turned into our de facto PG. Already misusing him.

Jimmer has absolutely no interest in playing team basketball. Every time he gets the ball the only thing on his mind is how he can get even remotely open to launch a 3. He isn't even that good of a 3pt shooter.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Yes, misused. We drafted him with Tyreke as our point guard when we had a lack of shooting to stretch the floor. Instead of using him as a shooter, which it appeared we drafted him for, we are trying to turn him into a point guard. He can't even advance the ball up the court with confidence but he is somehow suppose to create for others. He should be a kick out man, taking shots when the defense collapses on Cousins or Tyreke. He should not be playing point guard. He should not be relied on for defense. He should not be on a team that can't play help defense to cover when his man gets by.
so your saying he should be playing SG. No I understand what your saying about being passed to as a spot shooter but basketball has 2 ends of the floor remember. 6'2 jimmer guarding the likes of Kobe and Wade. best case a poor mans reddick

I think it's more based on the reputation of this franchise than TRob himself. Kerr is basically saying we don't use talent correctly, don't have a good coach and alltogether going to Sac is a terrible situation for a youngster. Hope the Maloofs are listening to this, although I doubt they'd care.

But just going on tonight and what we've seen, we drafted TRob to be a rebounding machine upfront next to Cuz and to pair well with him, yet he's turned into our de facto PG. Already misusing him.
I don't know if it's misusing him or its just happening because he can handle the ball better than Fredette. And the Kings are committed to seeing if Fredette has it in him to be a point guard during this summer league. Wish we could have seen IT out there with T-Rob. (Even thought I don't think IT is the long term answer as our starting PG.)

Last edited:
how can these idiots (announcers) really think that Charlotte is in a better position than the Kings????? they have all there best players out there in the summer league game, its pathetic. meanwhile the kings have DMC, Tyreke, IT, MT23, JT, and a bunch of other players. the real kings will stomp this crappy charlotte team next year