Summer League Kings Vs. Bobcats Gameday Thread

so your saying he should be playing SG. No I understand what your saying about being passed to as a spot shooter but basketball has 2 ends of the floor remember. 6'2 jimmer guarding the likes of Kobe and Wade. best case a poor mans reddick
COuld play him spot mins at the 2, with Reke handling, and Reke guarding the opposing SG. Only for stretches though. And can't do it with a small ball lineup either.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
So you're telling me that a team with two high lottery picks from last year (Biyombo and Walker), the number two pick from this years draft, and their starting center is beating a team with TRob and essentially no one else? Shocking.

so your saying he should be playing SG. No I understand what your saying about being passed to as a spot shooter but basketball has 2 ends of the floor remember. 6'2 jimmer guarding the likes of Kobe and Wade. best case a poor mans reddick
Yep, a spot up shooter who can't play much defensive. He doesn't have to guard the SG position, just because he is playing at that spot. That is why he is such a poor fit for our team, we don't have the defense to cover for him. A solid scorer coming off the bench is where I see his best case scenario. As Kerr said earlier, "There are no role players on bad teams."

L

LWP777

I haven't watched any of the game tonight but what's the problem with Hassan? In 14 minutes he has 7 points, 8 rebounds, and 3 blocks. Isn't that kind of what we're looking for with him? Everybody acts like he's going to be the next Tim Duncan or something. He was a late 2nd round pick and a project.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I will say this for Jimmer. He is better than Quincy Douby. Well Douby was a good defender and could dribble. Jimmer can shoot better than Quincy Douby. there it is something positive to take away from this. BTW Douby played well in summer league.

I haven't watched any of the game tonight but what's the problem with Hassan? In 14 minutes he has 7 points, 8 rebounds, and 3 blocks. Isn't that kind of what we're looking for with him? Everybody acts like he's going to be the next Tim Duncan or something. He was a late 2nd round pick and a project.
We've given up 101 points with 6 mins left. Alot of those points fall on Hassan's shoulders. He gets lost every possession. That's not an exaggeration either. Every time.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This might go without saying but Charlotte's strategy of going with the fullcourt press for the entire game isn't going to be sustainable for a full season unless they're planning on having their entire roster retire at the end of the year.

its amazing how the same issues persist even in summer league! Not once have we posted anyone on the block. Just a bunch of idiots jacking up shots.
What an f-ing SHOCKER!

Even in summer league, the Kings are playing like they have the same coach.

Wait a minute - they DO have the same coach?!
And they're playing the same way the "real" team did last year?
Who would have thought, that a coach pretty much defines how a young team plays?

If ONLY there was an experienced, veteran coach out there who has coached youngsters into adopting a real NBA offensive and defensive scheme!

Cats very easily could have 6 or 7 rotational players that they will use in the NBA season. We have one in Robinson and our 11th and 12th man as our best players on the court.

Well in my book Jimmer gets about 2 more games to try and run the team then I'd be looking to move him to shooting guard on paper and at practice.

I don't know if it's misusing him or its just happening because he can handle the ball better than Fredette. And the Kings are committed to seeing if Fredette has it in him to be a point guard during this summer league. Wich we could have seen IT out there with T-Rob. (Even thought I don't think IT is the long term answer as our starting PG.)
I just haven't seen the intent to use TRob inside at all, even when Jimmer does break the press. I do agree with what you've said though. TRob is probably handling out of necessity. Still though, we've had opportunities to post him and haven't, at all.

Is only game one though. Will be an interesting week.

Edit: As I type this TRob drills a nice jumper. Definitely has a lot of talent.

He looks lost out there. The points and rebounds are mainly a right place, right time kind of deal and are not really an indication of what he's doing out there.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
What an f-ing SHOCKER!

Even in summer league, the Kings are playing like they have the same coach.

Wait a minute - they DO have the same coach?!
And they're playing the same way the "real" team did last year?
Who would have thought, that a coach pretty much defines how a young team plays?

If ONLY there was an experienced, veteran coach out there who has coached youngsters into adopting a real NBA offensive and defensive scheme!
Well to be fair, Bobby Jackson is coaching this squad.

So you're telling me that a team with two high lottery picks from last year (Biyombo and Walker), the number two pick from this years draft, and their starting center is beating a team with TRob and essentially no one else? Shocking.
lol exactly. basically next years starting lineup for charlotte. and one player that will actually be in the rotation for the Kings next year. yet kerr and fox are lead to believe this means the Bobcats are going to be a better team than the kings next year

I will say this for Jimmer. He is better than Quincy Douby. Well Douby was a good defender and could dribble. Jimmer can shoot better than Quincy Douby. there it is something positive to take away from this. BTW Douby played well in summer league.
I don't know if I'd go that far. Douby routinely put up 30 pt outings in the summer league. Check the old box scores..

Entity

Hall of Famer
Yep, a spot up shooter who can't play much defensive. He doesn't have to guard the SG position, just because he is playing at that spot. That is why he is such a poor fit for our team, we don't have the defense to cover for him. A solid scorer coming off the bench is where I see his best case scenario. As Kerr said earlier, "There are no role players on bad teams."
Honestly outside of BYU when have you seen Jimmer even be a good shooter??? Donte Greene shot a better % than Jimmer In fact Jimmer only shot better than Garcia, Honeycutt, and Outlaw.

When we have the ball on offense we have 5 guys around the outside without a single passing lane from the ball at all. The entire inside of the 3 point line is owned by them. No movement no posting just 1 on 5 every time....

Entity

Hall of Famer
Honestly outside of BYU when have you seen Jimmer even be a good shooter??? Donte Greene shot a better % than Jimmer In fact Jimmer only shot better than Garcia, Honeycutt, and Outlaw.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
If he was an SF all along, I think there would be less questions about his position as I have right now with him being billed as a PF.
I thinik that's true. Everything, I mean basically eveything he has done tonight good and bad has been SF. If that is what he was, I would know how to approach what i have seen. But as a player that 2 hours ago was expected to end up as the starting PF...there's been nothing. He even looks better as a defender on the perimeter than he does inside.

i do really like what i see from Robinson. when he is out there with the real roster, alongside DMC, and in his real role (not playing PG lol) i think he will be great.