Delonte West, anyone?

And yet as I detailed in the great Kevin debates back in the winter, Frazier/Monroe only averaged 20 apiece one season, and they didn't win a title that year either, and they played more than 35 years ago when scoring was much higher.

If the scoring star/scoring star backcourt was a workable strategy it would have seen a LOT more use/success over the decades than that. It flat doesn't work. It seems there's a cap of about 35-38 points you can get out of your backcourt before you become unbalanced toward the perimeter and have guards fighting over the ball rather than setting up their big guys. You can get there with Kobe scoring 28 and Fisher 9, or Chauncey scoring 17 and Rip 19, but its all that there seems to be room for on a successful team. And that only if both guards are capable creaters for others. Meanwhile Tyreke could well be a 25ppg scorer himself, so you can do the math on what that means for pairing somebody up with him.

People need to quit fighting the roleplayer idea. They may not be sexy, but roleplayers are GOOD. No roleplayers = no rings.
Yeah, like I said I agree with that whole sentiment. I just wanted to throw out the 2nd of probably only 2 examples where star backcourts were successful :D. I wasn't alive to see them play, but going by what I've read they played together pretty well

Delonte west

Delonte was traded to the wolves today for sessions and is expected to be waived. Depending on how cheaply he could be signed, I think he's someone the kings should take a look at. Granted he's a little crazy but he's teammates love playing with him and he brings a lot of skills that compliment Evans. I wouldn't overspend but for around 2 million/year with some behavior protection with team options I think he could be a good piece.

Haha Kahn traded 1 point guard and got two in return. Well I guess West plays more off guard. Where did you hear they planned to waive him?

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Delonte was traded to the wolves today for sessions and is expected to be waived. Depending on how cheaply he could be signed, I think he's someone the kings should take a look at. Granted he's a little crazy but he's teammates love playing with him and he brings a lot of skills that compliment Evans. I wouldn't overspend but for around 2 million/year with some behavior protection with team options I think he could be a good piece.

as has been canvassed in this older thread on Delonte that I merged the new one into, his skill set is almost ideal. I liked him for years until he went nuts and was advocating tryign to get him as far back as Boston. But now unfortunately we know that he truly is a mess personally, adn would we really bring that in to such a young team where everybody gets along? The article on the Wovles trades mentioned that the Wolves were a young rebuilding team that wanted no part of a player with so much baggage. The same probably applies to us. Hell, we dropped Joey Dorsey after a month because he liked to stay out nights and we were worried about his effect on our young guys. Now you are talking about a guy who's had to wear an ankle monitor and has admitted psychological problems.

as has been canvassed in this older thread on Delonte that I merged the new one into, his skill set is almost ideal. I liked him for years until he went nuts and was advocating tryign to get him as far back as Boston. But now unfortunately we know that he truly is a mess personally, adn would we really bring that in to such a young team where everybody gets along? The article on the Wovles trades mentioned that the Wolves were a young rebuilding team that wanted no part of a player with so much baggage. The same probably applies to us. Hell, we dropped Joey Dorsey after a month because he liked to stay out nights and we were worried about his effect on our young guys. Now you are talking about a guy who's had to wear an ankle monitor and has admitted psychological problems.
Fair enough. I think he'd be a better fit than a lot of the other available guys out there but he is a little wackadoodle. Still not sold on our backcourt but we probably should avoid another problem child until our young guys have matured.

Also just reported that Flynn will be out 3-4 months with hip surgery. Obviously, this is the perfect time to move Sessions.

I mean it's obvious if you're Kahn.

did you not see the playoffs? That guy sucked. Sure people might say, "but what about the regular season! he was pretty good!". Yeah but when it all mattered in the playoffs, he sucked every year.

did you not see the playoffs? That guy sucked. Sure people might say, "but what about the regular season! he was pretty good!". Yeah but when it all mattered in the playoffs, he sucked every year.
The year before, delonte averaged 14 ppg, almost 4 boards, 4 assists with 1.5 steals, half a block and good shooting. Now I've agreed he's crazy but the guy can play.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
He was really good for them the previous two years in the playoffs. But last year everything went sideways for him and who knows where his head was. Blame it on Lebron's mom. ;)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Here is a partial list of people I would prefer to play for the Kings than Delonte West:

Adam West (POW! BAM!)
Jerry West (Age 72 version)
Kanye West (Yo, Tyreke, I gonna let you finish, but...)
Mae West (Is that a ball in your hand or are you just glad to see me?)
And for good measure
Oliver North (I do not recall)
Robert Southey (They sin that tell us Kevin Love can die)
Clint Eastwood (Now I know what you're thinking: did I take six steps, or just five?)
Upton Sinclair (Want a hot dog?)
Robert Downey Jr. (Nothing's a fast break for me, not even the fast breaks are fast breaks.)
Byron Leftwich (Go Thundering Herd!)
Orville and Wilbur Wright (now, singing!)
Fred Biletnikoff, Brandon Tartikoff, Sid and Marty Krofft!
Fred Gwynne and Anthony Quinn and Rin Tin Tin and Pearl Bailey
And Moms Mabley and Mayor Daley and Hank and Phoebe Snow!
Ethel Merman and Pee Wee Herman and Strom Thurmond and Vince Lombardi and George and Jesus Jones.
Edith Head and Mister Ed and Nostradamus and Danny Thomas and Leona and Sherman Hemsley!
Willy DeVille and Agnes de Mille and Cruella DeVille and Roscoe Tanner and...

Delonte plays combo guard (at least defensively) and is good enough to really hamper some pg's in the league; meaning tyreke can defend the two on the other end. He really might fit well. I would be happy if the kings AT LEAST signed Delonte West and Eddie House two serviceable guys that really can do what they do well AND can do it coming off the bench.

Beno House Jeter
Tyreke West or Garcia
Casspi Greene Wright
Dalembert Landry
Cousins Thompson Whiteside (after weight)

14 with Sloan and D. Jackson obviously waived.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Here is a partial list of people I would prefer to play for the Kings than Delonte West:

Adam West (POW! BAM!)
And for good measure
Clint Eastwood (Now I know what you're thinking: did I take six steps, or just five?)
Robert Downey Jr. (Nothing's a fast break for me, not even the fast breaks are fast breaks.)
Ethel Merman and Pee Wee Herman and Strom Thurmond and Vince Lombardi and George and Jesus Jones.
Edith Head and Mister Ed and Nostradamus and Danny Thomas and Leona and Sherman Hemsley!
Tell me how you really feel about him...

Adam West (POW! BAM!)
And for good measure
Loved this Capt. Well done! Enjoyed the Upton Sinclair reference. :D

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Loved this Capt. Well done! Enjoyed the Upton Sinclair reference. :D
I had trouble thinking of people with "up" in their names, and I didn't want to the MLB's Upton brothers as they are great athletes and might actually be decent at basketball if they tried. Still had to punt on Byron Leftwich, though. And, for the record, the part starting with Fred Biletnikoff isn't mine, it's MST3K's.

Great list! I would also take Doug Overton, Carrie Underwood, and "Wrong Way" Riegels over West. :D

Last edited:
I had trouble thinking of people with "up" in their names, and I didn't want to the MLB's Upton brothers as they are great athletes and might actually be decent at basketball if they tried. Still had to punt on Byron Leftwich, though. And, for the record, the part starting with Fred Biletnikoff isn't mine, it's MST3K's.
Well kudos for the assist by MST3K! :)

Delonte plays combo guard (at least defensively) and is good enough to really hamper some pg's in the league; meaning tyreke can defend the two on the other end. He really might fit well. I would be happy if the kings AT LEAST signed Delonte West and Eddie House two serviceable guys that really can do what they do well AND can do it coming off the bench.

Beno House Jeter
Tyreke West or Garcia
Casspi Greene Wright
Dalembert Landry
Cousins Thompson Whiteside (after weight)

14 with Sloan and D. Jackson obviously waived.
With a username like yours, no wonder you support Delonte... :)

bajaden

Hall of Famer

Adam West (POW! BAM!)
And for good measure
What! No Eddie Canter, or Minny Pearl? What about Edgar Bergan and Charlie McCarthy. No Geroge Patton? At least you could have had Tom Corbett and the space cadets. And last but not least, my all time favorite, Buster Keaton. You team him up with Curley Neal and you've got something.:rolleyes:

One person (not me) comes up with a decently available two guard to have every _______ here shut him/her down and say how stupid they are...... really easy to say no why don't you say no this is a bad idea because ________ I'm talking to you ASAF.

One person (not me) comes up with a decently available two guard to have every _______ here shut him/her down and say how stupid they are...... really easy to say no why don't you say no this is a bad idea because ________ I'm talking to you ASAF.
HAHA chillax... I was just making a joke... as in "hey LeBron, Delonte is doing joemama" (sounds like yo mama, in case you still didn't get it..)

wait... is this a fill-in-the-blank sentence. i love those :)