Kings Vs. Warriors game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
20pts 20reb 5ast 3blks and 1stl
Yahoo's box score only has him with 2 blocks. NOT that I'm complaining!

Also, only 1 TO per 14 minutes of PT, while the rest of the team was turning it over every 9:20. Good for a big, and also good for the leader in assists.

Wish I could have seen it! :(

our rebounding is very impressive this year so far. Truck must be doing a real good job.
56 Rebs (18 offensive) - to 38 tonight.
Now we just need to work on this turnover and assist problem.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Big Whoop Whoop, Kings won 3 of 4 quarters. Nice finish. Congrats JT on a 20/20. Real progress made tonight, Noce didn't get minutes (a) he got an owie, (b) Omri needed some minutes, (c) all of the above.

May and Brockman will come along slowly for a bit. Really liked the starters getting big minutes for a change with 2 main OTB, Udrih and Casspi, getting time with the starters. 24 TO's tough but it is only game 4 preseason and 10 TO's Evans/Casspi, to be expected.

Tonight we saw the first glimpse of the 09/10 Kings, just a glimpse but not bad. Martin in mid-season form with 32 pts on only 15 shots and 15/15 FT. Mason playing well in all aspects and Hawes doing OK but would like to start to see more Assists from him. All in all, good game, tangible progress.:)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
our rebounding is very impressive this year so far. Truck must be doing a real good job.
56 Rebs (18 offensive) - to 38 tonight.
Now we just need to work on this turnover and assist problem.
Heh -- I think after this one we're now 2-2 in the rebounding battles, but I suppose around these parts that has to count as pretty impressive. Having the big guard back there consistently chipping in 6 a game definitely helps. Right there alone you are talking about basically +3 rebounds a game over last season with Beno.

A

AriesMar27

on a positive note, we beat a team that beat the lakers.... the sky is the limit for this team.

gunks

Hall of Famer
The best part is JT would have gotten a 20/20 against the Warriors last season if Natt wasnt such a rere. And a question arises....If Anthony Randolph is the next Magic (according to Warrior fans), is JT the next Wilt? :p

I may have to amend my opinion regarding a JT for AR swap....Yeah I'm flighty...

I also noticed that Brockman had 4 boards in under 20 seconds on the boxscore. Considering it was against the Warriors I believe it.

The toughness will beat the teams that don't play tough and the experience gained from beating those teams could lead to more wins.......wait a minute are we talking about a WIN????? I am very confused active big men underneath -no oden no bynum-....Hmm what a great division we get to play in.:) LOL

I just saw one of you guys saying Mason played a pretty good game but I looked at the score box and he was 1-8...Was there more to his game than what stats show?

Also for those who watched the games full: is Tyreke looking like he's a future (super)star of any kind? Does his game promise much from what you've seen so far this preseason?

Well dead last isnt going to get you the first pick ... so at least twenty wins should put us in a better mix than say 40ish or something... although 40ish or something would be kinda fun.....

How did Reke fare against ellis?

and is reke really THAT unguardable at the 1? not being negative or hating.. i just havent seen any kings basketball... is he quick enough for it too

this season is going to be exciting :D

Just from those few seconds of highlights on NBA.com Tyreke looks really good. KMart gets 32 on 15 shot!!! JT with a 20/20 night. I am happy with the direction, effort and small improvements.

GO KINGS

KB

A

AriesMar27

How did Reke fare against ellis?

and is reke really THAT unguardable at the 1? not being negative or hating.. i just havent seen any kings basketball... is he quick enough for it too

this season is going to be exciting :D
to honestly answer your first question, yeah... he really cant be guarded by any normal sized pg. maybe jason kidd or baron davis if he's healthy... but thats about it. i cant think of any pgs that will be able to guard him man to man. but a zone defense would take care of that.... or putting a sg on him and hope that our sg(martin) is having a bad game, like the lakers did...

is he quick enough to play pg, i dont see why not...

gunks

Hall of Famer
No. Magic had his first triple double when he was like 15 or 16. Randolph will never get close to that many assists.

It's a realgm forum thing...I think it is based off of his size + handles. I never really got it either. Actually I dont think anyone really gets it but a small percentage of dilusional Warriors fans.

He didnt do so hot tonight thats for sure. I think Nellie played him so few minutes in order to spare him permanent psychological damage at the hands of Jason "The Destroyer of Worlds" Thompson.

Honestly, what did you expect against the warriors? I would be worried if JT didn't post big numbers. Nelly is going to run that team into the ground. I heard Law might play some SF...

He didnt do so hot tonight thats for sure. I think Nellie played him so few minutes in order to spare him permanent psychological damage at the hands of Jason "The Destroyer of Worlds" Thompson.
He might also have gotten a bit dinged up in their recent 19-point win over the Lakers in LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.