There is no topic

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
After 72 hours, my iPod is once again found. Urge to kill fading...fading...fading...gone.

Thanks to all for your support during this time of great difficulty. Now back to your regularly scheduled topic - umm...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
No accounting for taste, I see. I prefer my pies with four and twenty blackbirds.

EDIT - I actually had a different answer for this, and it would have also served the double purpose of introducing you into the wonderful word of innuendo... But, this is a family board, so...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Is this, perhaps, meant to have the same effect on me that reading The Jungle was meant to have on my eating meat? Because, as I sit here eating an extra long chili cheese Coney from Sonic, I can tell you that that book did not have the effect that the vegetarian whom suggested that I read it was hoping for...

Cher Catwoman Rumor Scratched

From The UK's The Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2008/aug/28/cher.catwoman

If you thought all those tabloid rumours about Cher as Catwoman and Johnny Depp as the Riddler in the next Christopher Nolan Batman film might be a little spurious, Dark Knight studio Warner Bros have confirmed that you are absolutely right. In an in-depth feature for the Hollywood Reporter about the making of the superhero megahit, producer Chuck Roven said Warner were keen to push on with another film, but added that the decision would come down to Nolan, who is currently on holiday. "There are a lot of us who emotionally would love to do it," he said. "But it's really Chris' call. Chris is the kind of film-maker who just doesn't think about the next movie before he has completely finished the movie he is working on." Roven added: "When he comes back, we will see how he feels."

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Is this, perhaps, meant to have the same effect on me that reading The Jungle was meant to have on my eating meat? Because, as I sit here eating an extra long chili cheese Coney from Sonic, I can tell you that that book did not have the effect that the vegetarian whom suggested that I read it was hoping for...
No, not at all. It is a work of fiction by two authors I like and the "crow" reference was there. If you are interested in reading anything by them, you might start with "The Relic" - the movie wasn't anything to write home about, but the book was good. Some of the characters carry through to other books, including "Still Life with Crows".

From The UK's The Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2008/aug/28/cher.catwoman

If you thought all those tabloid rumours about Cher as Catwoman and Johnny Depp as the Riddler in the next Christopher Nolan Batman film might be a little spurious, Dark Knight studio Warner Bros have confirmed that you are absolutely right. In an in-depth feature for the Hollywood Reporter about the making of the superhero megahit, producer Chuck Roven said Warner were keen to push on with another film, but added that the decision would come down to Nolan, who is currently on holiday. "There are a lot of us who emotionally would love to do it," he said. "But it's really Chris' call. Chris is the kind of film-maker who just doesn't think about the next movie before he has completely finished the movie he is working on." Roven added: "When he comes back, we will see how he feels."

thank God.

Warhawk

Staff member
Son Spots Dad on TV, 5 Years After Family ‘Cremated’ Him

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,416485,00.html

Five years after a British man and his family cremated and held a wake for his dad, John Renehan spotted his father on television, alive.
Renehan’s father, John Delaney, disappeared in 2000, the Daily Mail reported. When police found a decomposed body in April 2003, wearing similar clothes and with similar wounds to Delaney, they declared it was him.
A coroner confirmed the police findings and Renehan paid for a cremation and wake, the Mail reported. He is now demanding an apology from police for the trauma he suffered believing his dad was dead.
Turns out 71-year-old Delaney had been in a care facility since 2000, after suffering a head injury and memory loss, the Mail reported. Unable to give any clues as to his identity, Delaney was given the name David Harrison and placed in a home.
In April Delaney was featured on a TV show about missing persons.
By coincidence, Renehan was watching and recognized his dad. DNA tests confirmed the link and the pair had an emotional reunion two weeks ago, the Mail reported.

Warhawk

Staff member
Elton John, Lily Allen Trade Insults at GQ Men of the Year Awards

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,416082,00.html

Elton John and British pop singer Lily Allen traded insults Tuesday night as the pair hosted the GQ Men of the Year Awards, the Times of London reports.
In front of a star-studded audience, 23-year-old Allen sipped champagne on stage until she began slurring and swearing.
When Allen told the audience at London's Royal Opera House "now we reach a very special point in the evening," Elton replied: "What, you are going to have another drink?"
Allen responded: "F--- off Elton, I'm 40 years younger than you, I have my whole life ahead of me."
The 61-year-old superstar, watched by audience members including Gordon Ramsay, Thandie Newton and Elle MacPherson, then told her: “I could still snort you under the table.”
She replied: “F--- off. I don't know what you are talking about.”
It didn't stop there. As 82-year-old Tony Bennett was awarded the Inspiration Award, Elton introduced him, referencing his age, to which Allen interrupted: “I’ll still f--- him.”

Warhawk

Staff member
when you work in a two people office, you should not subject your coworker to your listen to your political views. :mad:
Unless you start mumbling rumors about what happened the last time an office mate did that "and they never found the body....."

Just an idea.