The Official NBA Draft Day Thread 2014 Edition

During the offseason, I've...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nik is just flat better than Ben right now.
His biggest issue is his wingspan which will prevent him from becoming a great defender, but as we saw last year with Ben, there is no guarantee that elite athleticism is going to translate into great defense.

I would be fine if we traded Ben for another need at either PG or defensive PF.
Yes, this. Lol at fans... Staukas is a better prospect than Ben, better shooter, better passer, waaaaaaayyyyy better handle. Ben was #7 in an awful draft. He's an athlete with upside but Staukas is the better prospect and the better player right now.

We wanted Klay... well that's who Staukas compares to. Makes all the sense in the world. Let Ben develop or trade him or play them both. Could get close to 30mpg outta each imo.

Absolutely love this pick. Exactly who I wanted and goes with our already established core of IT-Gay-Cousins. We needed floor spacing, another playmaker, and ball-handler. Stauskas fits all those roles from the SG role and can play off-ball

Cringing at people talking about jimmer on twitter man I hope nik doesn't read that crap.

Vonleh has an interesting skill set but I couldn't care less we passed on him.

If we passed on smart I would have lost it.

Vonleh has bust written all over him for me. I'm not mas we pass ed on him. Of course this means he will be an hall of famer, but this is what I think right now.

Stauskas makes sense. He provides shooting, which we need, and he's not just a shooter. I think is a better player than many people here think. I believe many people are scadde because he's white, and it looks like we are picks g Jimmer 2.0.

Now i'd love to trade for Rondo. I'd love it.
Problem is a) we have Ben on the roster and used last year's pick on a non-defensive SG and b) we've got more important holes to fill than adding a shooter.

Role playing shooters are not that tough to come by in free agency. We just blew back to back high picks on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.