The Official NBA Draft Day Thread 2014 Edition

During the offseason, I've...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a pretty f**king dumb move if they plan to play both Ben and Nik as the backcourt. Ya I know Nik is a decent passer for a SG but a lead guard he is not. Sorry.

He's an upgrade over Ben, but not a big upgrade. Can handle the ball and has a decent shot. Still, that's an awfully porous backcourt if he's out there with IT.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Maybe too early to say, but it seems pretty clear that we have no idea what we're doing. Stauskas can handle the ball, he's not a PG. McLemore needs somebody who can set him up. That means a true PG. Adding a shooter does nothing for our defense and it makes Ben redundant.

I really really like this pick. We finally got someone who can shoot the rock that is a sg. I don't see how Ben will still be here after draft, but maybe they see a bench role for him.

Ok....compared to Drazen Petrovic with a touch of young Manu Ginobili......ok..... Trying to feel better about the pick
Nik is just flat better than Ben right now.
His biggest issue is his wingspan which will prevent him from becoming a great defender, but as we saw last year with Ben, there is no guarantee that elite athleticism is going to translate into great defense.

I would be fine if we traded Ben for another need at either PG or defensive PF.

Chill out noobs. We'll be getting a point guard. Either Rondo for Mac, or Livingston will be signed most likely. I still see us trading for a shot blocker. I see us getting Henson or smith

Kingster

Hall of Famer
PDA said he wanted a versatile shooter. That's exactly what we got. He can make plays off the dribble as well as catch and shoot. What it means for McLemore down the line, who knows?

And I still have no idea if this FO has any idea what they are doing. Stauskas isn't terrible by any means, but this does not help my confidence in who is running the show

Can't wrap my head around it. If we move Ben for Rondo then OK. Unlikely they do that. Just doesn't make sense. Obviously defense is an after-thought. The more things change the more they stay the same. At least it wasn't McDermott.

Status
Not open for further replies.