The Official NBA Draft Day Thread 2014 Edition

During the offseason, I've...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we start camp with open competition for the starting SG, Stauskas is going to crush Ben.

I hate the pick only because Ben is here. Move Ben and I'm OK with it. Still don't love it, thought. I think you have to trade Ben before the season starts. Stauskas is going to take all his minutes and tank his value.

Ben to Denver for #11, use it on Payton?

If we needed a shooter that badly you can get one in FA! Stauskas isn't THAT good in other areas to pass up other guys. He's a terrible rebounder for a guard too, something which has been a good marker for guards translating to the NBA.

If we start camp with open competition for the starting SG, Stauskas is going to crush Ben.

I hate the pick only because Ben is here. Move Ben and I'm OK with it. Still don't love it, thought. I think you have to trade Ben before the season starts. Stauskas is going to take all his minutes and tank his value.

Which would only mean they blew last years pick

I like this pick a lot. This kid can easily run the pick and roll and handle the ball all day long. Next to mclemore too.

High IQ great shooter. All things we badly need.

We had the worst starting SG in the league and just drafted a lights out shooter SG with great size. Night is still young for trades people

gunks

Hall of Famer

This, or we get Smart or Rondo from Boston. No way we keep Ben.

So this tweet about Stauskas and McLemore being able to play together.....
First it isn't going to happen...but I think the point that is being made is that Nik actually has a really good handle and floor vision.
So I take it more as a compliment to Nik's skills rather than an actual workable back-court pairing.

Vonleh has bust written all over him for me. I'm not mas we pass ed on him. Of course this means he will be an hall of famer, but this is what I think right now.

Stauskas makes sense. He provides shooting, which we need, and he's not just a shooter. I think is a better player than many people here think. I believe many people are scadde because he's white, and it looks like we are picks g Jimmer 2.0.

Now i'd love to trade for Rondo. I'd love it.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
We had the worst starting SG in the league and just drafted a lights out shooter SG with great size. Night is still young for trades people
Ben had comparable shooting numbers in college with Nik. Bringing in a new rookie to replace him guarantees nothing for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.