Yahoo Nba Fantasy League

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Evilmav2 said:
Ahhh... Dang it. I guess I missed out. If y'all set up another league (like last year), I would love to be able to compete with you guys again (as I have in the past). Shoot...
There will be enough leagues started to cover everybody who wants to play. Haven't talked to our normal fantasy guru (JSin) yet, but if nothing else, I can always start them up myself.

M

MVP16

REMEMBER ME!?!

here is a deal, i created a fantasy league and i have 11 players allready.
I chosed those eleven guys carefully.
I was looking for someone with a lot of interest in nba, the ppl who wont quit after few weeks...

so now i came here to invite one of u guys into my league, ONLY ONE!!!
If u promise that u will do the best u can, than u are welcome in my league,

for more info: write a post reply, or just send me a private message.

Bricklayer said:
There will be enough leagues started to cover everybody who wants to play. Haven't talked to our normal fantasy guru (JSin) yet, but if nothing else, I can always start them up myself.
I usually run one, will get it going in the next couple of days. (Yahoo, head to head, live draft)

M

MVP16

Bballkingsrock said:
what type are we doing, Head to Head or Rotisserie or something else?
if this question was for me than, the answer is the regular one. Not head to head.

11 out of 12 spots are taken.
first one to respond, takes the 12th spot!!!

MVP16 said:
if this question was for me than, the answer is the regular one. Not head to head.

11 out of 12 spots are taken.
first one to respond, takes the 12th spot!!!
She wasn't asking you. She was just letting you know how she runs the league.

By the way, Kingsgurl, if you have room, I would like to be included.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Evilmav2 said:
Ahhh... Dang it. I guess I missed out. If y'all set up another league (like last year), I would love to be able to compete with you guys again (as I have in the past). Shoot...
Hey Evilmav, I'm going to be getting the band back together (fWo) this season, if the Black Tide wants to make a return... well, technically, my boy (Hidden Dragons) is going to be running the league; we alternate being the commissioner, which works out well, since I'm going to be underway for most of the season, and wouldn't be able to run it myself, anyway.

That was seriously the most fun league I've ever participated in and, like I said at the end of last season, anybody from that league who wanted to run it back this year had first right of refusal, so if you want to rejoin the fWo, you're more than welcome to do so.

And, speaking of being underway, when is this draft supposed to happen, bigdog? Because, if it happens before the 15th of Oct, I won't be able to participate.

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Hey Evilmav, I'm going to be getting the band back together (fWo) this season, if the Black Tide wants to make a return... well, technically, my boy (Hidden Dragons) is going to be running the league; we alternate being the commissioner, which works out well, since I'm going to be underway for most of the season, and wouldn't be able to run it myself, anyway.

That was seriously the most fun league I've ever participated in and, like I said at the end of last season, anybody from that league who wanted to run it back this year had first right of refusal, so if you want to rejoin the fWo, you're more than welcome to do so.

And, speaking of being underway, when is this draft supposed to happen, bigdog? Because, if it happens before the 15th of Oct, I won't be able to participate.
Absolutely Mr. S£im. I agree with you about that being a really fun league last year (it's always good to play with a bunch of active traders), and I sure as heck would like to participate again. Thanks, and have a good one.

Sorry guys...I don't get online much on the weekends...
The league is head-to-head with Yahoo defaults except I added "games played." I will be emailing you the password as soon as I can...it'll either be by email or PM. VF, thanks for taking the lead...if I can't contact someone, I'll be in touch. Looking forward to a fun season!

Here's all the details until you get the password (for those that are in):

League ID#: 19128

League Name: Kingsfans Fantasy

Password: *******

Draft Type: Live Draft

Draft Time: Sat Oct 23 4:30pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]

Max Teams: 16

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 2

Trade End Date: March 3, 2005

Waiver Time: 2 days

Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports

Trade Review: Commissioner

Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules

Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, DL

Stat Categories: GP, FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm sending the password out now to everyone on the list. If you do not activate your slot within a reasonable period of time, it will be given to someone else...

If you are still interested in this league, let me know via PM and I'll put you on the waiting list. I anticipate at least one opening...

:D

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
LOL!

Thanks, Mad D...

I couldn't help myself. Every time I hear "password" I think of spy movies and bad dialogue.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Mr. S£im Citrus said:
This "can't cut list" must be a new concept that Yahoo! is working with; I thought that it was just for the baseball leagues...
They have it with the NFL, too.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
GoSACtown said:
they had it last year too
Like hell; I was in four leagues last season, and there wasn't a single player on any of my teams that were classified as "can't cut." And that includes a league in which I had Garnett and Yao.

I believe that "can't cut" deal can be changed...tell me why we should??? What's the advantages/disadvantages of having/not having this feature???

"A number of the best players in the game will be on this list throughout the season. When a player is on the list, he cannot be waived from a team under any circumstances. The "Can't Cut" list, which will be updated when necessary, will prevent managers at the bottom of the standings from changing the league dynamics by waiving all of their outstanding players."

This is the definition by Yahoo about this feature. If you can remember back to last year's league...we had this exact thing happen to us...and it screwed some of us over. I, as the commish, can veto any trade and am open to do so if the members of the league can present a case...however, I'm not sure that we should have a "NO CUT" policy, because some might want to make some "blockbuster" deals at certain times of the year. I'll post this on the league page as well. Get back to me with your responses...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't think this pertains to trades.

It means that people can't go to the open player list and acquire a nobody and drop a key player, if I understand it correctly. I'm getting that because it specifically says "NO CUT" and not "NO TRADE."

If trades are involved, the premiere player wouldn't be going to waivers.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Either way is okay with me, BTW. I would like to think all the people who have signed up for this league are in it for the fun of competing with fellow Kings fans. If they mess it up, they would never be invited again.

:D

IMO, I'd leave it. I don't think it messes with trades in any way (as VF said) and it really won't effect anybody competing for the title ;) either, as you aren't going to be cutting your premier players lose for nobodies.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
bigdog5142 said:
"A number of the best players in the game will be on this list throughout the season. When a player is on the list, he cannot be waived from a team under any circumstances. The "Can't Cut" list, which will be updated when necessary, will prevent managers at the bottom of the standings from changing the league dynamics by waiving all of their outstanding players."

This is the definition by Yahoo about this feature. If you can remember back to last year's league...we had this exact thing happen to us...and it screwed some of us over. I, as the commish, can veto any trade and am open to do so if the members of the league can present a case...however, I'm not sure that we should have a "NO CUT" policy, because some might want to make some "blockbuster" deals at certain times of the year. I'll post this on the league page as well. Get back to me with your responses...
Oh, I definitely agree with the concept; that happened in my league (fWo) as well, and I wished I could catch that guy and skin him alive... I was just saying that it wasn't available last year, or I would have picked it for my league.

The only thing about the "can't cut list," which bigdog alluded to, is that although it will stop people from just waiving their star players to throw the league off-balance, it will not prevent people from making lopsided trades (eg, Iverson/Bibby for Cheaney/George... bigdog knows what I'm talking about).