Wow, Webb's already getting Media hate.

Every article I've seen since the game has been putting down webb's shot, and saying things like. "Webb had the last shot, but Kings had the last laugh." Like the Kings are mad or somethin, and even the sixers sight says something like "Unhappy Arrival"

I hate the media. These guys don't know what a gem they've got in Chris Webber, and apparently they don't know the whole aspects of the trade.:rolleyes:

the media is ridiculous...luckily everyday people don't buy into their antics

those headlines are there to catch your attention...and they did a great job at it apparently...heh

Philly is gonna be tough..but its more of the media that is gonna be tough intially then the fans IMO...i think the fans will give Webb a window of time before they really start to hate...everyone knows what he's capable of and that he is a great player...

we shall see

Thats disgusting, these media "insiders" can bash a great player in his first game after no practices, that just wrong. Webber desevers way more respect than that, he has carried our team for 7 years and I think that he will continue this trend in Philly. Hope he can except that this isn't the happy great fans sacremento, this is tough love philly.

VERY tough Philly, I can't believe the way they booed their former players. CWebb will get nothing but cheers when he returns to Arco.

Yeah, even santa didn't get a break pfff philly fans :rolleyes: . *Supposedly*, Webb heard some booes from the crowd after he missed that layup at the end...i read it on one of the sixer boards.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Noting new there. The media has been taking shots at Webber since college. He is an easy target and essential unless the Sixers go to the NBA fianls he will catch hell and get blamed. It seems to be his lot in life.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Philly fans are notorious rude, they take pride in it like NY foans but worse. During the game last night the announcers reported that one of the fans sitting right behind the bench was hasteling Tag, saying "HOw did you ever get a new contract? Guess bing tall counts." Thats the part they could say on the radio. So I belive the fans will boo teir explayers. And if this team does not take off every blown play by Webber be criticized. It suks but it that is life in the city of brotherly love.

BullKing said:
Webb heard some booes from the crowd after he missed that layup at the end...i read it on one of the sixer boards.
I understand if they booed THE PLAY thinking that Webb may got a foul (which he didn't get fouled ;))...but not good to boo THE PLAYER.

piksi said:
Philly is so bad - His is going to miss being booed in Sacramento. He is even going to miss AV :eek:
As much as we detest AV's journalistic style and agenda, she's just par for the course when it comes to media on the East Coast.

I think Webb's going to have a thicker skin in Philly though. Philly is TOUGH on all their players, and Webb knows that going in. Webb will never have as much invested emotionally in Philly as he had in Sac, so it won't hurt as much. The problem in Sac was that Webb poured his heart into this franchise, and yet somehow he was the ONLY player who would draws boos on an off night. I think there's a big difference between booed in a city that will boo anything they don't like, and being booed in a city that is notorius for the "best fans in the NBA" when you are throwing 200% into coming back from a potentially career ending injury.

Jim Kozimor said on the radio that he listened to the 76ers post-game show on the radio. He said that the FIRST caller was already ripping on Webb!! Then callers were just calling in after another being anti-Webb and anti-O'brien fans.

This is Webb's first game. Give him time!

Twix said:
Jim Kozimor said on the radio that he listened to the 76ers post-game show on the radio. He said that the FIRST caller was already ripping on Webb!! Then callers were just calling in after another being anti-Webb and anti-O'brien fans.

I heard that as well. They were complaning that Webb was taking too many jumpers and should be getting in the low block. That was the first call. Sounds like a plant by the Webber Haters:p

quick dog said:
Philly will devestate Chris Webber. He is a sensitive person despite what he proclaims.
i agree.

Philly boo-ed Dr J, hell they boo-ed Mike Schmidt every damn day. I remember hearing a story about a game where he hit 2 home runs in his two at bats, one of them a grand slam, and then he struck out his third at-bat, and the philly fans boo-ed and cursed him back into the dugout. (to say nothing of booing Santa)

Webber does NOT have thick skin, and they're gonna rip him him a new one.

Twix said:

damn, that is harsh!

slugking50 said:
I heard that as well. They were complaning that Webb was taking too many jumpers and should be getting in the low block. That was the first call. Sounds like a plant by the Webber Haters:p
I'm NOT Webb Hater but I still think that he took too many jumpers (7/20) and I really believe that he is more effective when he plays low post game

starks said:
I'm NOT Webb Hater but I still think that he took too many jumpers (7/20) and I really believe that he is more effective when he plays low post game

I've been reading quotes from Webb's new teammates and read/heard Philly fans saying the want to see more of Webb going more down low. But what they don't know is Webb don't go down low that much if you notice. He attempts more jumpers. I remember almost every post-game show (for Kings) after the game, Coach T would always say, he wants to see Webb go down low more cause it'll help the team inside and out game. I don't think Coach T is the only one that wants that.

Grant has been saying all along that the media in Philly and the fans are rough. It won't take long for them to turn on you. I heard Koz talking about that call after the philly game to. The caller said, "Some of those outside jumpers are ok, but he needs to get his butt down in the low block.". Koz just said...guess what Phillyyyyyy lol.

Grant has already predicted that when it's all said and done this will go down as one of the worst trades in Philly NBA Franchise history.

Someone said that they don't know what a gem they have in Chris Webber. See, we appreciate Webber because we got him when he was still mobile and before all the injuries. If you received Webber at this point and a shell of a player that he used to be, you wouldn't be too happy either. You wouldn't appreicate what you knew he was capable of.

Twix said:
I've been reading quotes from Webb's new teammates and read/heard Philly fans saying the want to see more of Webb going more down low. But what they don't know is Webb don't go down low that much if you notice. He attempts more jumpers. I remember almost every post-game show (for Kings) after the game, Coach T would always say, he wants to see Webb go down low more cause it'll help the team inside and out game. I don't think Coach T is the only one that wants that.
Yeah, I noticed some of those quotes, and was thinking hmm... did they ever watch Cwebb play on the Kings??? I love CWebb and I love his game, but he doesn't spend much time down low. Can he adjust if he has a new team/coach that demands it, rather than a team/coach that just embraces his game the way it is? I don't know, but time will tell.

love_them_kings said:
Yeah, I noticed some of those quotes, and was thinking hmm... did they ever watch Cwebb play on the Kings??? I love CWebb and I love his game, but he doesn't spend much time down low. Can he adjust if he has a new team/coach that demands it, rather than a team/coach that just embraces his game the way it is? I don't know, but time will tell.
I agree with you! Time will tell.

And I don't think they watch Kings much when Webb was here. ;)

DocHolliday said:
Grant has already predicted that when it's all said and done this will go down as one of the worst trades in Philly NBA Franchise history.
And what does Grant know? I've been listening to him on the radio these past few days, and it almost seems like he is hoping and wishing for this trade on the Philly side not to work.

Why would Webb care if the media and some fans turned on him there? They turned on him here a long time ago, he's used to it. lol, you act like it's the first time Webbs ever heard a caller say he should get down on the low block more...

KP said:
Why would Webb care if the media and some fans turned on him there? They turned on him here a long time ago, he's used to it. lol, you act like it's the first time Webbs ever heard a caller say he should get down on the low block more...
exactly!! I'm not too worried about Webb. Like I mentioned before, yes, it was painful for him when the "best fans in the NBA" turned on him, and only him when he was struggling healthwise, but going to Philly he knows that they will boo the popcorn vendor if the popcorn's not hot. I think he can handle it, he's a big boy.