Wolves trade Wiggins + Top-3 Protected pick for D'Angelo Russell

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
That wasn't really the point of my post, the point is they got a possible lotto pick with a player that plays a position of need for them for something that didn't look like it fit very well with the core they do have.
Then why did you feel the need to call him a pretty good player?

... As for Wiggins individually, I guess we'll see what those advanced stats look like on a winner (should Klay and Curry come back to form of course) as well because situation means a lot, especially with share numbers...
Well... the one time in his career that he played on a winning team, his advanced numbers were even worse, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Then why did you feel the need to call him a pretty good player?

Well... the one time in his career that he played on a winning team, his advanced numbers were even worse, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What does pretty good mean to you?

And if that's how advanced stats work, why bring them up? Situation is key. If George Hill simply "sucked" as was much of the argument of him as a player in Sac, there couldn't be fluctuation in those stats, right?

Last edited:

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Minnesota wanted D-Lo since the summer of 2019 so they ended up with him and got rid of Wiggins in the process. Give up a lottery pick in this poor of a draft isn't the worst thing they could of done either, good for them.
It's not this draft, it's the next one. So now the Warriors can go out and offer potentially two high lotto picks in consecutive years via trade. The hope now is that they are forced to use those picks otherwise breaking into the top 5 in the West over the next few seasons is going to be a nightmare climb. Well, more than it already is.

I actually like some of the moves Minny made, they got Beasley who I have for a while said is a starting 2 guard and has a chance to prove it(earn a solid deal) and Russell as the back court, Hernangomez is talented and physically gifted but he's a WCS type lacking confidence.. They realised they had a Jeff Green type in Wiggins and had to bite the bullet and throw in a pick wish we did something similar.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I actually like some of the moves Minny made, they got Beasley who I have for a while said is a starting 2 guard and has a chance to prove it(earn a solid deal) and Russell as the back court, Hernangomez is talented and physically gifted but he's a WCS type lacking confidence..
Yeah, I can respect it. They saw what they wanted and gave no F's. This is probably their last shot at keeping Kat long term so they had to go for it. The next step for them is if it ain't working out they have to recoup the future assets lost if and when KAT stabs them in the back.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
It's not this draft, it's the next one. So now the Warriors can go out and offer potentially two high lotto picks in consecutive years via trade. The hope now is that they are forced to use those picks otherwise breaking into the top 5 in the West over the next few seasons is going to be a nightmare climb. Well, more than it already is.
it's this draft as long as Minnesota doesn't land a top 3 pick

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
What does pretty good mean to you?
Better than the literal worst among his peers seems like a good baseline.

And if that's how advanced stats work, why bring them up? Situation is key. If George Hill simply "sucked" as was much of the argument of him as a player in Sac, there couldn't be fluctuation in those stats, right?
You keep bringing up Hill, but the funny thing about Hill is that his stats didn't really fluctuate much, while he was in Sacramento. Even his counting stats, per/36 and per/100p, were surprisingly in-line with his career numbers. If anything, Hill's tenure in Sacramento demonstrates that he's a guy who can make a good team better, but can't help a bad team become good. As to why bring up advance stats, because they indicate a disturbing trend, that's why; they indicate that he's a net negative on a bad team and, at best, a non-factor on a good team.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Better than the literal worst among his peers seems like a good baseline.

You keep bringing up Hill, but the funny thing about Hill is that his stats didn't really fluctuate much, while he was in Sacramento. Even his counting stats, per/36 and per/100p, were surprisingly in-line with his career numbers. If anything, Hill's tenure in Sacramento demonstrates that he's a guy who can make a good team better, but can't help a bad team become good. As to why bring up advance stats, because they indicate a disturbing trend, that's why; they indicate that he's a net negative on a bad team and, at best, a non-factor on a good team.
But many of the same stats you brought up about Wiggins did. Hence the correlation. In the end, the real win is the pick and circumventing a potential issue with overpaying for duplication. Now they're overpaying for a player that can at least theoretically play next to their two best players. Like I said, we'll see how Wiggins does on what should be a good team. My hope? He fails and they fail.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
it's this draft as long as Minnesota doesn't land a top 3 pick
Really? The report I saw was 2021 then 2022 unprotected. If it's this draft that might even be better because that could be 2 shots at the top 3. Then again, I don't know who they can turn that into now so maybe that works better for the competition.