Will this be the year...

...that our Vets, namely KK and Hill, are traded before the deadline?

Hill especially will have a lot of value and could net a decent prospect or mid to late round pick.

My guess is that they were signed with the caveat that they could be dealt to a contender either this year or next. (Hill/Randolph) Not VC thought, I think Vince will either retire and work on the staff next year or return as minimum player and basically be a player coach then move to the staff. He wants to coach and Joerger will give him that shot.

...that our Vets, namely KK and Hill, are traded before the deadline?

Hill especially will have a lot of value and could net a decent prospect or mid to late round pick.
I don't think so. I have high hopes for ou rooks but not that soon. Going Monday night and looking forward to it.

culture change and grounding our young team in a positive manner requires we keep them around for their contracts, maybe not KK but Hill and Carter for sure.

eventually you need to place real value in vet leadership. adding more young pieces without leadership is pointless. Look at what we did with Cousins as exhibit (a) and yes having locker room guys is important and reinforces what the organization and coaching staff are doing. You need it all not just an org vision and strong coaching, you need them vets there all day everyday personifying it for the kids to learn from, take on board and exemplify

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
We just signed Hill, I can see him sticking around at least for one full season before he gets shipped off. I'd be scared to trade Koufos because that means more playing time for Papa and that is a very scary and frustrating thought to me.

dude12

Hall of Famer
We can't keep getting younger. If anything, eventually, a trade involving guards to free the logjam and fill in a need but not Hill. Koufos though could be dealt is Giles proves he's ready

I really don't think that any of our youngsters, maybe excepting WCS if he really brings it all season, will be ready to take over completely this year. Therefore, I think that none of the "oldsters" will be traded (with the exception that someone better could be had as a player and mentor) until next summer at the earliest. Just my gut feeling.

Go Kings !!!

I don't think so. Return for Kosta would be underwhelming. If Hill gets moved it will be after this season and only if both Fox & Mason look real good.

Ideallly, Papa would show himself worthy of playing 15 minutes without embarrassing himself. Then KK gets moved for a marginal asset, a late first or early second.

Who on the Kings is untouchable? No one. Trading 1-2 vets at the trade deadline this year would depend on what's being offered and whether it meets one of our needs. But we're rising from a full rebuild right now. The most I want to return to that well for water is a high lottery pick in 2018.

Sean Cunningham said on his twitter a while back that Hill is nice because he's basically a first rounder in the Kings back pocket. Koufos probably doesn't have a ton of trade value unless a playoff team is hurting for a big man. Don't let the hair fool you, this guy is only 28 years old and has a lot of good basketball left in him. If he doesn't fetch a late first rounder or a player at a position of need, then I don't see the point in trading him because he's still valuable. It all depends on how Papa develops.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Who on the Kings is untouchable? No one. Trading 1-2 vets at the trade deadline this year would depend on what's being offered and whether it meets one of our needs. But we're rising from a full rebuild right now. The most I want to return to that well for water is a high lottery pick in 2018.
It's likely that we already have a high lottery pick in the coming draft. Our own! Of course it certainly wouldn't hurt to have another one. If nothing else, two high picks might be the necessary assets to get the top pick, or at least one of the top two picks. I'd rather acquire a high lottery pick in the 2019 draft. The Kings are in pretty good shape if the current picks pan out. Almost all of the Veterans contracts are up after the 2019 season and if everything stays the same, the team will be a little over 60 mil under the cap.

That's a great position to be in despite the fact that we won't have a draft pick that year. Truth is, we probably have enough youth on the team right now, and we'll be adding one more in the next draft. Could/should be exciting times ahead.

If a deal with Randolph or Hill can get us a first rounder come next season I'm all for it...Only if these two guys aren't okay with adopting roles like Vince has now. Our young guys look really solid, and there's a lot of mouths to feed. I think the vet core of Hill, Randolph, Koufos, Carter, and Temple makes the locker room gritty as hell and if there aren't issues with roles on the team when the young guys start showing, it shouldn't be broken up. However, given Vlades recent doings in the draft I would be more than happy to watch him get us a few more prospects he likes for an old guy or two

You wouldn't do Giannis, Anthony Davis, or Towns for Fox? I'd do those in a heartbeat.

Sure, you're not actively shopping him but there are still players I would give him up for.
None of those players would ever be offered for Fox in a trade, so Fox is untouchable in any realistic trade scenario.