Why do people think Petrie will trade Bibby or Artest to a Western Conf. Team?

That would be insane to send one of the best PG and SF to a team in our conference. Some of these trades are funny considering these are teams that we will be facing 4 times a season and in the playoffs (if we make it).

:rolleyes:

That will depend entirely on what direction he wants this team to take. If he wants a complete blow it up and rebuild direction, then he really wouldn't care where he trades these players because they won't be key guys for their new teams once we are good enough to contend.

However, if he is interested in rebuilding on the fly, then I agree that he would prefer to trade then to Eastern Conference. But again, it would depend on what he would get in return for them. If he were to hypothetically trade Artest to Cavs and they were offering Gooden, and Suns were offering Marion, of course he would trade him to Suns.

Its not unreasonable to think that Petrie would be willing to trade players for the best possible deal, regardless in which conference the player would play once traded.

I think the Kings are in a desperate situation. If they can trade to a west coast team, they will. Additionally, I doubt Bibby or Artest will be real upset to leave the Kings situation for another situation.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
That would be insane to send one of the best PG and SF to a team in our conference. Some of these trades are funny considering these are teams that we will be facing 4 times a season and in the playoffs (if we make it).

:rolleyes:
Not really. By the time this team starts to gell, Bibby will probably be on the downhill slide. This team isn't going to be a serious contender anytime soon.

Who cares? As long as we're better from it one way or the other it shouldn't matter, our goal is to become a contending team in a conference that should be extremely competitive for a long time. I don't think Bibby and Artest (who will become free agents over the next year or two) will make that big of a difference. Want to be afraid of something, be afraid of the blazers.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
This is really an irrelevant consideration. I mean at this point for the Kings really and truly irrelevant.

IF we were in contentioon and IF we were trading them to another team in the Conference in contention and thus there was a chance we would run into them in the WCF or some such where they could make a difference, maybe. But as is? Completely irrelevant. Nor are either of those guys particularly good enough to worry about that stuff anyway. They are good players, but they are not superstars. You worry about trading Kobe maybe, to the degree that playing a guy 4 times a year rather than 2 is really that big a thing. You don't worry about a 0x All Star PG or a 1x All Star SF who just as easily be a stealth bomb to blow up your rival's team as any sort of savior.

The ONLY team I hesitate to deal with would be the Lakers. Traditional rivals, and a Kobe/Artest/Odom groouping has scary written all over it.

these two on the same team is bad. sending them to the same team and getting some draft picks, young guys, and/or expirings is good for us and definitely weakens the other team.

there is no way in you know where that the suns are going to offer marion for artest. But thanks for giving me a good laugh at the end of a long day.
How about you try to read before going off half cocked?! :rolleyes:

Did you not read the word "hypothetically" in that post? It implies a situation that is unlikely, the scenario is used just to illustrate a point!