Who is our rival ?

Who is our rival ?

• Total voters

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Shaq and Coach Jackson fanned the rivalry flames for a number of years. Both are gone and so is the rivalry (tho' I still "pffttttt" the Lakers anyway).

The Mavs have been the best rivalry otherwise. We always seem to meet in the playoffs, have similar styles and have enthusiastic owners. Otherwise I don't see anyone in our division.

why cant we vote on more than one? the suns are nowhere near the lakers or mavs. lakers just cos i hate everything about socal, and i mean everything. but the mavs are just so dumb

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I didn't really think I've ever say this but playing the Lakers just doesn't do that much for me any more. Last night's game, which I had taped, didn't bring out any latent feelings of rage, etc. They're just gone...which I didn't think would ever happen.

I have to say our rivals now would be the Mavericks. Our games with them are always high-paced, frenetic and just plain exciting.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Right now, it's got to be the Mavs. I would LOVE to see them bounced out in the first round. That probably has something to do with me being friends with some Mavs fans who are predicting them to go all the way. But that's the mark of a rivalry for me. How much do I enjoy seeing the other team lose? And all of the guys I love to hate on the Lakers are gone (Shaq, Fox, Horry). That rivalry is dead I think, not that it can't be rekindled again at a later time.

The Kings v Lakers rivalry has calmed a little bit this season, but I have a feeling that it will come back full strength soon. Although I'm one of those people that doesn't have any problem hating the Lakers even without Shaq, Horry, Fox, etc.

Don't like Kobe, never will. So I voted for the lakers. But I'd vote for any team he's on.

if it wasnt for Kobe's presence, I'd have to say the mavs.

Ryan

I like turtles
I think a lot of Memphis fans hate the Kings after James Posey threw down Peja, but untill we see them in the playoffs there's not really anything.

Ryan@CU said:
I think a lot of Memphis fans hate the Kings after James Posey threw down Peja, but untill we see them in the playoffs there's not really anything.
That's why I hate Memphis. And something about Gasol just annoys the heck out of me.

Ryan@CU said:
interesting.

You can probably combine that will the fact that we HAVE Mike Bibby and with the fact that Mike hit that game winner against them a month ago...thats could very well be true..

I however have no problem with the Grizz they are actually one my favorite teams to watch play...not of late however