Who do you want, if the Kings pick #6 to #8 overall in the draft?

Who do you want the Kings to pick at the #6 to #8 slot?

• Mikal Bridges

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • Miles Bridges

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Wendell Carter

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Jaren Jackson

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Kevin Knox

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Collin Sexton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trae Young

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Someone from the top 5 will slide to the Kings, WHO?

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Someone else

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Word is Porter will go back to school. I am assuming the following will likely be gone by 8 (our most likely post lottery draft spot):
Ayton
Doncic
Bagley
Jackson
Mikal Bridges
Trae Young
Bamba

That leaves us with Carter, Sexton, Miles Bridges and Knox as likely options.
Not a great scenario for us. I’d probably go with Knox in that spot. Carter would be a good, safe pick too.

Not a great scenario for us. I’d probably go with Knox in that spot. Carter would be a good, safe pick too.
Think id pick Carter then look to trade WCS for one of the SFs such as Knox or a Bridges....then we sign Hezonja or Gordon. Gordan becomes Bogs new favorite target and also works his magic on him like he has Buddy turning Gordon into a superstar :)

Fox/Mason
Bogs/Buddy/Temple
Gordon/Knox (or Bridges) /Jackson
SKal/Carter
Giles/KK/Zbo

Then we roll into the playoffs and steamroll the league

The Kings are playing hard and not tanking like the other lottery teams.

Odds are, the Kings will probably not get a top 3 pick. More likely that the Kings will be picking between #6-8 (probably #7, if they stand pat) in the draft order.

Most mock Drafts have in some order, Deandre Ayton, Luka Doncic, Marvin Bagley, Mohammad Bamba, and Michael Porter, #1-5.

Who do think will be availabe and who would you want the Kings to pick if we get a pick between #6 to #8 in this years draft?
Looking at the remaining games and the Kings refusal to hold out players like Bogdan, I’m thinking 9-10 is more likely. We have games against Atlanta, Memphis, Dallas and a resting Houston at the end of the year. The Knicks only play Orlando. Assuming we win ours and the Knicks win against Orlando we will have spectacularly fallen from the first overall pick to a tie for 8 pre-lottery in 6 weeks. Assume 1 team jumps us and we are 9-10 depending on a coin flip.

Kevin Knox is shooting up my draft wish list.

On last nights sweet sixteen game, Knox had a very good second half. On air, Chris Webber was complimenting his footwork as NBA ready. He had a really nice side step that juked his defender out and he hit a big 3 pointer in the final minutes. Webber also said Knox had an NBA ready offensive game and silky mid range game. I think he is right.

I think Knox would be my pick at 6-8. He has NBA SF size and very, very high upside. As some other people have mentioned, I like Mikal Bridges too, but he does look a little too slight to play SF full time in the NBA.

Looking at the remaining games and the Kings refusal to hold out players like Bogdan, I’m thinking 9-10 is more likely. We have games against Atlanta, Memphis, Dallas and a resting Houston at the end of the year. The Knicks only play Orlando. Assuming we win ours and the Knicks win against Orlando we will have spectacularly fallen from the first overall pick to a tie for 8 pre-lottery in 6 weeks. Assume 1 team jumps us and we are 9-10 depending on a coin flip.
The good news is it's impossible for us to end up 10 at this point with the Hornets like 6 games up on the current 9th team. So unless we're jumped by a 10-14 team, we'll be top 9

This thread is depressing.

Seems like yesterday we had realistic thoughts of adding Ayton or Doncic now we have the Bridges and Young who isnt really an option with us invested in Fox
More depressing then that. Mikal Bridges and Young are both likely gone.

Miles Bridges, Sexton, Alexander, and Knox are your likely choices at 9/10

This thread is depressing.

Seems like yesterday we had realistic thoughts of adding Ayton or Doncic now we have the Bridges and Young who isnt really an option with us invested in Fox
Not too much we can do about. it Teams are trotting out community college rosters. Even if Joerger sat vets for some of our wins, which he absolutely should have, there was very little chance of us ending up top 4-5.

I'd say Miles but Knox and Mikal Bridges would be excellent choices. I like Carter and Jackson but with Giles coming along next season I think it's too many middle of the road bigs.

You would be incorrect.
http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

6.3% chance of 1 of the top spots
12.5% chance of falling 1 or more spots.
The 12.5% chance would be for all the teams behind the Kings combined (teams #9 -14).

Any teams with a better record than the Kings would have a lower indiviual chance of getting a top 3 pick than the Kings.

If the Kings are 8 or 9 pre-lotto, the chances of any one team jumping the Kings would be lower than the Kings 6.3% chance of getting a top 3 pick.

The likelihood that 2 or more of those teams #10-14 all jumping the Kings is pretty astronomical.

Point being, that the Kings would have a greater individual chance of jumping into the top 3 than any team that had a better record than them pre lotto.

Last edited:
The 12.5% chance would be for all the teams behind the Kings combined (teams #9 -14).

Any teams with a better record than the Kings would have a lower indiviual chance of getting a top 3 pick than the Kings.

If the Kings are 8 or 9 pre-lotto, the chances of any one team jumping the Kings would be lower than the Kings 6.3% chance of getting a top 3 pick.

The likelihood that 2 or more of those teams #10-14 all jumping the Kings is pretty astronomical.
Good lord, did you look at the base odds for teams in the 9 spot? First off the odds of sliding if you are 9 into the 10 spot is the combined odds of all the teams behind you. I posted the link so you don’t even have to do math. The team in the 9th spot (assuming no ties) odds are12.2% (10), .4%(11), negligible 12.

If the Kings win against Memphis, Phoenix, Dallas and Houston last game they are likely in the 9 spot.

Last edited:
Good lord, did you look at the base odds for teams in the 9 spot? First off the odds of sliding if you are 9 into the 10 spot is the combined odds of all the teams behind you. I posted the link so you don’t even have to do math. The team in the 9th spot (assuming no ties) odds are12.2% (10), .4%(11), negligible 12.

If the Kings win against Memphis, Phoenix, Dallas and Houston last game they are likely in the 9 spot.
I understand that the combined odds are higher for all those 5 teams combined (#10-14).

If we are at #9, I wouldn't be all that concerned about teams #10-14 jumping us, since their individual odds of doing so is slimmer than our chance of getting a top 3 pick, which is pretty slim to begin with.

But, if the lottery balls fall that way, then so be it, you can't control that.

I understand that the combined odds are higher for all those 5 teams combined (#10-14).

If we are at #9, I wouldn't be all that concerned about teams #10-14 jumping us, since their individual odds of doing so is slimmer than our chance of getting a top 3 pick, which is pretty slim to begin with.

You can't look at each team individually. You have to combine all their odds because that equals the odds of the Kings dropping down.

If they wind up 9th, the odds for the Kings to stay where they're at is 81.3%
Odds to move down to 10th are 12.2%
Odds to move up into the top 3 are 6.1%
Odds to move down to 11th are .4%

You can't look at each team individually. You have to combine all their odds because that equals the odds of the Kings dropping down.

If they wind up 9th, the odds for the Kings to stay where they're at is 81.3%
Odds to move down to 10th are 12.2%
Odds to move up into the top 3 are 6.1%
Odds to move down to 11th are .4%
If we wind up at #8 with a 87.5% chance of staying at #8 or moving higher and just a 12.5% chance of dropping a spot, I'm not going to sit there and fret over it.

The point being that the overwhelming odds is that we stay where we are.

Why sit there and fret over something you can't control for the next 2 months?

Last edited:

I don’t know why you keeping referring to individual team odds? They don’t matter, only the total number of balls that are behind you.

I don’t know why you keeping referring to individual team odds? They don’t matter, only the total number of balls that are behind you.
Please see above response:

If we wind up at #8 with a 87.5% chance of staying at #8 or moving higher and just a 12.5% chance of dropping a spot, I'm not going to sit there and fret over it.

Also, from what I understand of the NBA Lotto, it is a combination of balls and their sequence of balls that win you the lottery, like the California Lottery. It is not just one ball bouncing your way to get the top pick.

Please see above response:

Also, from what I understand of the NBA Lotto, it is a combination of balls and their sequence of balls that win you the lottery, like the California Lottery. It is not just one ball bouncing your way to get the top pick.
Dude just because we are trying to explain the fundamentals of how the odds work doesn’t mean we are fretting. We said 9/10 because both of those spots have double digit odds of being true.

The lottery works as follows: Each team has X number of spots depending how their team finishes.

14 numbered table tennis balls are used. Then, a four-number combination from the 14 balls is drawn to determine the lottery winner. Prior to the draft, the NBA assigns 1,000 possible combinations to the non-playoff teams (the 11-12-13-14 combination is ignored and redrawn). The process was then repeated to determine the second and third pick.

Last edited:

I'm not fretting. You just said something that was incorrect and we were trying to explain that the odds of dropping aren't dependent on the individual teams odds, but the collective odds of the teams below them as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.