Who do you want, if the Kings pick #6 to #8 overall in the draft?

Who do you want the Kings to pick at the #6 to #8 slot?

• Mikal Bridges

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • Miles Bridges

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Wendell Carter

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Jaren Jackson

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Kevin Knox

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Collin Sexton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trae Young

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Someone from the top 5 will slide to the Kings, WHO?

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Someone else

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
if Young is a number one to you, then I think it's best we stop this conversation now because it seems you are set in your ways on Young being a star. Stop listening to people comparing Bamba and Gobert...they really aren't much a like other than their shot blocking abilities and long wing spans. It's an easy and lazy comparison. Watch Bamba play and you'll know he isn't a Gobert 2.0
Na I don’t have Young 1 but I have him on another tier above Bamba. I’ve seen Bamba play 5-6 times and I never left thinking man we have to have that guy.

I have

Doncic
Ayton
Bagley
Young
Jackson

I mean every single prospect will have some type of negative and positive articles written on him...it's easy to play that game.

Here you go

https://www.12up.com/posts/6008960-4-reasons-trae-young-will-be-a-bust-in-the-nba
Lol those 4 reasons actually make me laugh.

Leadership: is that serious

Turnovers: ya that happens when his usage is high and teams are doubling at half court

Frame: I’ll give you that but show me a picture of other guys at 19 his body will be different in 2-3 years

Defensive Liability: show me the PGs that defend on his league but ya that’s a weakness. It shouldn’t make him a bust like that article says.

if Young is a number one to you, then I think it's best we stop this conversation now because it seems you are set in your ways on Young being a star. Stop listening to people comparing Bamba and Gobert...they really aren't much a like other than their shot blocking abilities and long wing spans. It's an easy and lazy comparison. Watch Bamba play and you'll know he isn't a Gobert 2.0
Personally, I think Bamba will be lucky if he is ever as good as Gobert.

If there is hype on Bamba it should be as a face up big. I think he'll learn to use his length on smaller players driving passed him as a recovery shot blocker. It will take development on both ends for him to reach his potential or even get half the way there. He's a gamble player but players like him don't usually last to the middle of the lottery.

If there is hype on Bamba it should be as a face up big. I think he'll learn to use his length on smaller players driving passed him as a recovery shot blocker. It will take development on both ends for him to reach his potential or even get half the way there. He's a gamble player but players like him don't usually last to the middle of the lottery.
They literally always last to the mid lottery. The two guys he is comped to the most, Capela and Gobert, were mid and late firsts. I guess we could compare him to Thabeet too, though. He might end up being good, but the Bamba Truthers just will not hear of anything less than Gobert with a 3pt shot.

Offensively or defensively? I think offensively he has the potential to leave Gobert in the dust.
Either. All he has shown offensively is the ability to score at the rim, mostly on putbacks and lobs. He has shown very little postup ability. He has no face up ability because he can't put the ball on the floor. Everyone talks about his 3pt shooting, but he was a bad outside shooter. He also showed almost no ability to pass to his teammates (even basic passes were difficult for him).

All his potential is on the defensive end IMO. However, he struggles with players out on the perimeter and won't be able to sit under the basket as much in the NBA. The only things I am sure of is that he will block shots and should be an above average rebounder.

They literally always last to the mid lottery. The two guys he is comped to the most, Capela and Gobert, were mid and late firsts. I guess we could compare him to Thabeet too, though. He might end up being good, but the Bamba Truthers just will not hear of anything less than Gobert with a 3pt shot.
Of course the only problem with that comparison is that he hasn't proven he has a 3pt shot.

I personally don’t want Bamba. But once the Kings are on the clock, if they judge him to be the one with the most talent and potential and deem him to be a good fit — they shouldn’t pass just because he’s not a wing. That’s all I’m saying.

As someone who knows nothing about prospects, I'm hesitant about Mikal Bridges because he's being advocated by certain posters who in the past also advocated Derrick Williams, TRob, Stauskas, WCS and more recently raved about Markelle Fultz (not alone in that regard and certainly not proven wrong yet). Not a particularly good track record..

Realistic grabs in order

Bamba (Swing for the fences)
Carter (Close second)
Porter (Swing for the fences & hope he's healthy)

If we decided to drop back in the draft, later on Miles Bridges, think he could at least be a long term solid rotation player but not a star.

Either. All he has shown offensively is the ability to score at the rim, mostly on putbacks and lobs. He has shown very little postup ability. He has no face up ability because he can't put the ball on the floor. Everyone talks about his 3pt shooting, but he was a bad outside shooter. He also showed almost no ability to pass to his teammates (even basic passes were difficult for him).

All his potential is on the defensive end IMO. However, he struggles with players out on the perimeter and won't be able to sit under the basket as much in the NBA. The only things I am sure of is that he will block shots and should be an above average rebounder.
I watched a lot of Bamba prior to playing under more a traditionalist shot blocking big man coach in Smart. He can put the ball on the floor. He's raw but if that develops he'll be a solid face up big.

And that's their mistake for making that comparison. I'm not saying he'll reach their level but he's more like Anthony Davis or Kristaps Porzingis. If someone is looking for Gobert they might be disappointed if they end up with a poor mans AD. Sure, some coach could squash his offensive potential and turn him into a one dimensional shot blocker, but I don't think he has the sturdy frame you need to be a real impact interior defender like Gobert.

Status
Not open for further replies.